Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aaron "A little over 5 weeks old" - EP 12

+6
eda
mamacass
Hope
Obscure
So_Lost
GaryOC
10 posters

Go down

Aaron "A little over 5 weeks old" - EP 12 Empty Aaron "A little over 5 weeks old" - EP 12

Post by GaryOC Sat May 17, 2008 4:26 am

During the Oceanic Six press conference Kate confirms to the press gang that Aaron is a little over five weeks old. We know that Aaron was born on day 41, meaning that if he were a little more than 5 weeks old then the press conference took place on day 76-80....

However day 76-80 obviously took place on-island.. around the time Jack was with the others and Hurley was just discovering the Dharma van.

So why the lie you ask?

Well, maybe Kate is lying because Claire was heavily pregnant when boarding the flight in Sydney, whereas Kate (for obvious reasons) was not visibly pregnant. So for the story of Aaron being Kate's to fit, then they had to lie about the baby's age. If they were to disclose Aaron's correct age, then that would make Kate 7 1/2 months pregnant at the time of the flight, and it would be visible to anybody scanning over the cctv footage at Sydney airport that this was not the case.

However, contrary to this theory, surely Aaron would have to see a doctor the second he got back to america to check for any illness or infection, or to have any injections he would need (after all he was born on a desert island and obviously hasnt had the ideal start in life). Surely then a doctor would be able to determine that he was much older than 35-40 days old, proving Kate's statement wrong.

Alternatively, has the time difference got anything to do with it? Was it a little over 5 weeks on the mainland but maybe twice as long on the island... if so what does this mean for Aaron...?

This is more guess work and questioning rather than theorising people but i think its a topic worth a discussion.....
GaryOC
GaryOC
Tailie

Number of posts : 39
Humor : Sarcastic/Slightly Black
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Aaron "A little over 5 weeks old" - EP 12 Empty Re: Aaron "A little over 5 weeks old" - EP 12

Post by So_Lost Sat May 17, 2008 5:11 am

Gary, I don't think there is a whole lot to discuss here. Yes, she is obviously lying about it all. But, it was clear that whatever deal they worked out with the "powers that be," has allowed her to continue with the lies about her pregnancy and Aaron's age.

I am thinking the writers took the easy way out on that one...the official-looking lady even stopped the line of questioning on Kate when it started looking like she was going to get caught in the lie.
So_Lost
So_Lost
Lostie

Number of posts : 73
Humor : My Crazy Kids
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Aaron "A little over 5 weeks old" - EP 12 Empty Re: Aaron "A little over 5 weeks old" - EP 12

Post by Obscure Sat May 17, 2008 7:53 am

The official told of how many days they'd been on the island before each event so I guess the timeline on and off the island weren't too different.

Obscure
Tailie

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Sat May 17, 2008 8:28 am

yeah I think that Oceanic and others are obviously hididng the truth. But why? That to me is the real question. Did Paik cover it up, is that why Sun taking over seems to be so significant? Did Widmore cover it up (Still don't believe that he is the one that covered the crash up, though I believe that he is benefiting from it)
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by mamacass Sat May 17, 2008 8:34 am

yes, during the press conference a reporter suggested that kate would have had to have been around 6 months pregnant when she boarded oceanic flight 815 (which she, clearly, was not). as i recall (and i haven't watched since i first viewed thursday, so this might not be completely accurate), kate awkwardly responded (did she even lie and say yes? can't remember -- but her countenance and body language clearly said no). the whole thing was so stilted and strange -- except for jack, who seemed totally at ease in his lies, the rest of the O6 appeared ill-at-ease and out-of-sorts. and the press conference continued w/out any further aaron discussion. my question is -- did this scene debunk the theory that the island exists in a different time (in the future)? it seemed like maybe so, but would love to hear from those of you who enjoy constructing lost-timelines...

mamacass
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by eda Sat May 17, 2008 12:36 pm

GaryOC wrote:So for the story of Aaron being Kate's to fit, then they had to lie about the baby's age. If they were to disclose Aaron's correct age, then that would make Kate 7 1/2 months pregnant at the time of the flight, and it would be visible to anybody scanning over the cctv footage at Sydney airport that this was not the case.

I think this sounds like the reason they lied about the baby's age. I guess the writers will just ignore the fact that the baby must have been checked by a doctor as they arrived, who could have guessed Aaron's age.

Mamacass- We still don't know that. The island could even be in 1800s, that wouldn't necessarily mean that more/less number of days passed on the island than the rest of the world. My guess is that perhaps the island is 1-2 days ahead into the future. Because JJ Abrams stated that difference in time is not an issue when you speak on the phone, but could be an issue if you travel to/from the island yourself. And this looks like it could explain precisely why the doctor's corpse washed up on the shore before he was killed on the ship.
eda
eda
Others

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sun May 18, 2008 3:16 am

Emily didnt look 6 months pregnant either.....the writers are men though *shrugs*

Rolling Eyes

Perhaps they have no idea what a 6 month pregnant woman looks like and failed to realise the inconsitency in the story lol
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mamacass Sun May 18, 2008 7:33 pm

eda -- thx for your comments.

sunburnedpenguin -- laughing. yes, perhaps so.

mamacass
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Mon May 19, 2008 12:39 am

Well thats gonna be put down to a continuity error or the time difference from the island to the real world. Good point though im no good with time.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Mon May 19, 2008 7:35 pm

I think Kate's uncertain expression when the journalist questioned the chronology of her pregnancy basically said: I don't think they're going to buy this. I think they're going to realise I'm a liar and Aaron is not mine.

However, with all the Oceanic money she received (and it must have been a lot - Sun was able to buy Paik Industries! - then that can buy her all the doctors that know how to keep their mouths shut!).
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Tue May 20, 2008 8:53 am

yeah i think that Oceanic is part of the cover up, along with Paik, and Widmore. So I doubt there would be a doctor examining Kate because he or she would know the truth. Plus the lady who seemed in charge of the press conference stopped the questioning, like she knew the truth but didn't want the press to realize the truth
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Wed May 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Maybe this leads to kate`s trail, seeing thro the lies.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Wed May 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Well the oceanic 6 did get a large settlement. Maybe they could bribe a few of the airport staff to say the cctv for that day is unavailable.

This is all too confusing for me.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down