Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How the Island is moved and how the season ends

+8
vincentthedog
Moefy
TheHolyStickman
JimReaper
Sassafras
wtfsignmeup
SunburnedPenguin
Veefre
12 posters

Go down

How the Island is moved and how the season ends Empty How the Island is moved and how the season ends

Post by Veefre Sat May 17, 2008 11:30 am

The Island will be moved by the end of the season. The mechanics are naturally a bit mysterious, but from what I gather (no spoilers here) it will be due to physics similar to the "Casimir" effect that resulted in two rabbits in the Orchid training video. Also, the Island may be existing in a parallel dimension.

In any case, here's my guss as to how the season finale will end when the freighter pulls in close to the Island. The "Oceanic Six" will be on board, or in the life raft nearby. When the Island moves there will be purple sky, lots of shaking and scary noises, and then suddenly the Island will simply disappear - along with the survivors who didn't get off the Island left stranded on the beach. The Oceanic Six will be in total shock at the experience.

Hence the stunned statement by Jack and Sun on the plane, as well as the mystery as to whether those left behind on the Island are alive or not, plus the problem of finding the Island again.
Veefre
Veefre
Tailie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

How the Island is moved and how the season ends Empty Re: How the Island is moved and how the season ends

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sat May 17, 2008 4:07 pm

tr41c wrote:That would be a great cliff hanger.

Wouldnt it just!

I like that a lot Smile
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

How the Island is moved and how the season ends Empty Re: How the Island is moved and how the season ends

Post by wtfsignmeup Sat May 17, 2008 4:13 pm

Sounds great veefre. I think the producers said we would see the sky turn purple again. The next two weeks will seem like forever.
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassafras Sat May 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Sounds good to me. It would explain the shock of O6 and everything mentioned.
Sassafras
Sassafras
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Humor : Adaptable
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by JimReaper Sun May 18, 2008 3:28 am

Good guess. I think you might be right!
JimReaper
JimReaper
Tailie

Humor : Yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Veefre Sun May 18, 2008 3:59 am

I'm toying with the possibility that the "greatest kiss" that the producers have been talking about, and which is rumored to be between Kate and Sawyer, is directly interrupted by the Island's disappearance. That is, in the middle of this kiss, the Island will disappear amid much sturm und drang, and Sawyer will vanish from Kate's arms.

I guess the earth will have moved for both of them ;-)...
Veefre
Veefre
Tailie

Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JimReaper Sun May 18, 2008 4:08 am

Another good guess. I can see both of them things happening!
JimReaper
JimReaper
Tailie

Humor : Yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun May 18, 2008 11:43 am

Yeah! That would be cool. Do you think that when the hatch blew up the island also moved?
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by Moefy Sun May 18, 2008 12:03 pm

great cliff hanger although i still find it strange why some individual people get off the island when there are a group of 6 survivors on the boat atm, desmond, sun, jin somehow they must all teleport back to the island or something and the o6 are teleported off
Moefy
Moefy
Tailie

Number of posts : 28
Humor : Random stuff
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Mon May 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Nice i like the kiss idea alot!
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Mon May 19, 2008 5:53 pm

Sounds pretty good Vee, the only comment I have is that Jack says Sawyer chose to stay behind. How does that fit in?
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita Mon May 19, 2008 11:17 pm

Maybe he just chose not to get on the boat. Told Hugo to go in his spot or something.

I hope when the island disappears that its not like cheap scifi animation though - you know like the tiny spaceships in Independence day or something like that. I like the real-ness and good quality of lost. I've always felt like I'm watching a movie on TV, not just a show.
puchita
puchita
Others

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by So_Lost Tue May 20, 2008 7:23 am

Lojozz has a good point here...Sawyer chose not to go, and has indicated in the past that he has no reason or desire to go back, so him not getting on the raft is no accident.

That's not to say the kiss isn't between them. But how could they be close enough for such a passionate kiss, and yet get seperated by time and space? Like, Sawyer standing on the beach and the raft floating in 2 inches of water on the beach? I'm not trying to sound arrogant...I am really trying to figure that one out.

I would tend to believe that the shock they are in is due to everything that has happened to them, not just the very instant the island disappears.

Any questions? Refer to my signature.
So_Lost
So_Lost
Lostie

Number of posts : 73
Humor : My Crazy Kids
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Tue May 20, 2008 8:15 am

I agree with So Lost, that kinda kiss is going to be hard to pull off. The mechanics are too hard. They would have to be on the shore, Sawyer on the beach, Kate in the tide.
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down