Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"They Changed the Rules"

+3
Lateralus
TheHolyStickman
l337Jacqui
7 posters

Go down

"They Changed the Rules" Empty "They Changed the Rules"

Post by l337Jacqui Sun May 18, 2008 3:43 am

So, I was thinking about when Alex was shot what Ben could of meant by the rules have been changed (I'm sure all of you have been thinking about this too lol...) But anyways, what if Ben has been through this time loop before, and Alex wasn't shot the first time around?

It could explain how Ben always seems to know everything (Goodwin dying, etc) and how he "Always has a plan". He's lived through that before and Keamy didn't shoot Alex, but this time he did. That was the only moment (I think) where Ben actually looked shocked. Sure, he was shocked his daughter was just shot, but he also seemed shocked it even happened. Especially since he knows EXACTLY what kind of a guy Keamy is, he should of known Keamy has no heart and would have no problem shooting Alex.

It just seems like he's been through all this before, but this tiny thing had changed (maybe Widmore told Keamy this time no matter what to shoot anyone he needs to) and so the rules have changed.

Just a thought Wink
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

"They Changed the Rules" Empty Re: "They Changed the Rules"

Post by TheHolyStickman Mon May 19, 2008 11:02 pm

I guess it could be right... But I dont like these time loop things. I think we'd be notified if anyone was in a time loop. Like a centric episode of them.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Mon May 19, 2008 11:18 pm

I don't like the time loop theories either. If that is true then doesn't that mean the past four years didn't really happen, and it was all just a possible outcome?

I'm reminded of an episode of Family Guy where the whole episode was Stewie Killed Lois. Then at the end it turns out it was all a computer simulation and none of what we saw really happened in the Family Guy universe.
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by eda Mon May 19, 2008 11:35 pm

I like this idea but then not changing the rules would mean not touching anything that is happening around you to make it different than the last time loop. Which would make it meaningless to go through the same thing again and again. Also, that would be just one rule. Ben told it like there were many rules, such as not killing their family members or not threatening each other to surrender by putting a gun on the head of their family members and some other rules like that.
eda
eda
Others

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Mon May 19, 2008 11:54 pm

I think the time loop theory had more merit a while back - but the longer the show goes on, especially extending as it does a long way into flashforward territory - then the more of a cop-out the idea of a time loop on the Island may become.

I'm not writing it off (there's much about it and Lost that make it a viable concept), but I'm wary of giving it a cuddle and asking it to bed.

So to speak.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by So_Lost Tue May 20, 2008 7:11 am

I am willing to consider that...I like the idea. I have no hard and fast opinions on any part of Lost, so I kind of swing with the breeze on these kinds of arguments. That's why I liked Debate Club so much - it helped me solidify at least one aspect of my opinion. Which is still probably wrong. But hey, it's a TV show, right?
Wink
So_Lost
So_Lost
Lostie

Number of posts : 73
Humor : My Crazy Kids
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Fri May 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Great post Jacqui!! I dont think it has to be a timeloop for there to be time travel involved. (if that makes sense.)
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Sat May 24, 2008 9:03 am

Haha it does, and I agree Laughing
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Sat May 24, 2008 11:08 am

So_Lost wrote:I am willing to consider that...I like the idea. I have no hard and fast opinions on any part of Lost, so I kind of swing with the breeze on these kinds of arguments. That's why I liked Debate Club so much - it helped me solidify at least one aspect of my opinion. Which is still probably wrong. But hey, it's a TV show, right?
Wink

I feel exactly the same way!! sunny
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down