--

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: --

Post by AngeloComet on Wed May 21, 2008 2:20 pm

There is a key gap between Emily giving birth to Locke, and shouting out that he needs to be called John, and then refusing to hold him sometime later (after baby John had survived various infections, which surely must indicate weeks?).

The inference is that in between giving birth and the moment of refusing to hold him, Emily's mother had her say in the matter and somehow ensured that Emily would refuse to mother the child. Thus did Emily's mother express an interest in adoption.

Obviously we have to take into account the social climate when Locke was born, and how different it was for a single-parent mother to survive (especially one so young). The situation, if interpreted in this manner, does provide an adequate explanation as to why Emily would abandon John. Anything deeper going on besides this? Maybe. . .

Devilishly evil? Hmm, that might be pushing it. . .
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

View user profile http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet on Wed May 21, 2008 3:30 pm

I'll watch again next chance I get and listen out for the goat thing. . .

I think baby John was whisked out of there purely because he was so premature - his mortality rate must have been almost 100% as far as the doctors and nurses were concerned, and without them acting fast they figured John didn't stand a chance.

(I have looked into the matter a little more, though, about Emily's reasoning for leaving her child, and it's started to give me ideas about a future post. It's all really a matter of guesswork, though.)
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet on Wed May 21, 2008 4:48 pm

I think your wife might have a thing for Richard Alpert. . .

silent
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita on Wed May 21, 2008 10:40 pm

I've read both books in the Rosemary's Baby sequel and seen the Rosemary's Baby the movie.

In the second book we find that Rosemary has cared for her baby and raised him by the teachings of God and Jesus Christ. He ironically ends up looking a little like jesus, except he has a tail if I remember correctly.

We know Emily did not raise John, so the Rosemary's Baby thing parallels if you only apply the first book.
puchita
Others

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita on Wed May 21, 2008 11:28 pm

Yeah, Rosemary doesnt completely reject the baby child in the first book, remember now - i read it a long time ago too.

You should read the second book, i think you'd like it, Son of Rosemary, I think is the name of it.
puchita
Others

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eda on Wed May 21, 2008 11:35 pm

AngeloComet wrote:I think your wife might have a thing for Richard Alpert. . .

silent

Lol,

tr41c, I think that's exactly what the writers want us to think. They just love messing with our heads and that's why we love them Cool And the best way for them to do that, is to list as many trippy books and movies as they can, then to write a similar script for each episode, heavily influenced by the trippiest parts of those books and movies, to make us think that we know what is going on, but in fact, we have no idea. Because it's only a part of it, as you have explained in a perfect detailed manner, that they imitate. They don't actually imitate. They imitate to imitate. So that's cool.
eda
Others

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eda on Wed May 21, 2008 11:50 pm

I guess it might !

And that wouldn't be the only biblical reference, Aaron, Jacob, Jack Shepherd , Benjamin etc all of these names are religious references
but the storylines for these characters will probably differ from those in the original sources.
eda
Others

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: