No Alarms and No Disguises - Ep 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Alarms and No Disguises - Ep 12

Post by TheHolyStickman on Sun May 25, 2008 12:02 pm

As we all know, in season two the others were portrayed as hillbillys and scavengers. We were meant to think that the losties would have a reasonable change in taking over the island. But that plan fell away with Toms fake beard. We now know that they are/were a highly civilised and almost normal community. Before the crash and after the purge it is suggested that the others lived a reasonable happy life. Stay inside the pylons and dont get pregnant.

But after seeing the latest episode "Theres no place like home - part one" I noticed that Richard and all the others were not wearing there normal people clothes, they were wearing their season two, so called disguises. All the losties would now know that the others had electricity and running water, through Juliet, Jack, Sawyer ect. And since Miles knew about Ben and that he had the abilty to get 3.2 million dollers then they should all know that the others are not hillbillies.

So the only explaination for these disguises are that they are needed for when they go to the temple. This temple is not just going to be a hideout till things calm down. I have no speculations as to what could be in this temple, but my best guess is that its something important and that has been around for a while. Perhaps its like Jacob, not liking things from the present and not a big fan of flashlights. I think that as one of the last scenes in the finale we'll see Richard stopping abruptly and saying were here. Big shot slowly zooming out and we see a magnificent temple or something along those lines. Anyway it's just one more theory for the pot.

TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Alarms and No Disguises - Ep 12

Post by SunburnedPenguin on Sun May 25, 2008 2:23 pm

Thats interesting. I thought perhaps their costumes were for the benefit of Keamy & Co, but I like where your coming from. Maybe the temple is where we see the solid form of Jacob at last and the clothes are for his sake!

Losties is moving!!!! Read the Blog by clicking the new link at the top of the page!

You may have noticed a new arcade section.....pm me suggestions for games you would like to see added!

Losties RPG area now open! Check it out HERE
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

View user profile http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eda on Sun May 25, 2008 2:31 pm

TheHolyStickman wrote:Perhaps its like Jacob, not liking things from the present and not a big fan of flashlights. I think that as one of the last scenes in the finale we'll see Richard stopping abruptly and saying were here. Big shot slowly zooming out and we see a magnificent temple or something along those lines. Anyway it's just one more theory for the pot.

I agree with SP, that could really be the reason. And it would be cool if we get to see the temple !
eda
Others

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman on Sun May 25, 2008 2:44 pm

I did consider the idea that theyre for Keamy and co, SunnyP. But I thought that since they knew about the Orchid and they'd seen the Barracks they would know that they are an organised civilised group of people.
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin on Sun May 25, 2008 3:06 pm

I much prefer your version THSM Smile

Losties is moving!!!! Read the Blog by clicking the new link at the top of the page!

You may have noticed a new arcade section.....pm me suggestions for games you would like to see added!

Losties RPG area now open! Check it out HERE
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

View user profile http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet on Sun May 25, 2008 7:34 pm

Good observation.

Maybe Richard and this group are a much more hardcore set of 'originals', that didn't embrace Dharma or The Barracks lifestyles and clothing.

In short, this set of Others are more interested in keeping it real.
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

View user profile http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet on Sun May 25, 2008 7:35 pm

Oh yeah, +1 for the brilliant Radiohead referencing title.
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

View user profile http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassafras on Sun May 25, 2008 7:57 pm

I'm also thinking their location or destination has something to do with their choice of clothing. We still don't know exactly how time works on the island and we don't know if there's anything to the not aging business. There could be others who arrived on the island long ago and don't know of the passage of time off the island. Funny as it sounds, maybe newer more modern arrivals have to dress in the way those others are used to when around them,and prevent some culture shock. affraid
Sassafras
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Humor : Adaptable
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman on Sun May 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Brain Wave - What if the others wore those old hillbilly clothes for ages before the DHARMA came. They had little to no way of communication with the outside world. They were in fact Hillbillies. Then they purged the DI and since then they took over all the stations and became more advanced. And I could tie this in with Sassafras' comment about the newbies wearing old style clothes as a mark of respect.
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by solarchap on Tue May 27, 2008 12:09 am

It is a good question. Perhaps they have to wear those clothes since losing washing-machine access in the Barracks!
solarchap
Others

Number of posts : 263
Humor : Lots
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Dirk Diggler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content