Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season finale---observations, questions, notes and bloopers.

+6
Alaina
SunburnedPenguin
Shamballa
wtfsignmeup
AngeloComet
MyStarbuckHatesLost
10 posters

Go down

Season finale---observations, questions, notes and bloopers. Empty Season finale---observations, questions, notes and bloopers.

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:08 am

Here’s some stuff for us to discuss over the next 7-buhzillion months while we wait for the next season of Lost to start.

The frozen donkey wheel didn’t look like modern construction nor did it look like ancient construction. More like, say, something as it would be built in the 1800’s…oh, say, something like an object that would be built by the craftsmen who worked on or around sailing vessels. Same with the ladder.

So did the static cling explosion caused by Ben’s excellent metal adventure in the Orchid Station vault destroy the time-travel machine? Will there be no more time-traveling bunnies? And how did Locke get off the island if it is destroyed. Did Faraday return with the Zodiac boat and loan it to Locke?

But wait…Does the Orchid actually transport people/bunnies/polar bears to other physical locations or just to a different time? Think about it. Ben was transported by the act of moving the island, not by the vault. The only (unconfirmed) clues that we have that people are transported to other places is a Polar bear skeleton in the desert (it could have fallen out of a plane…and can you imagine getting a polar bear down the elevator to the vault!) and a bunny popping up in last year’s teaser Orchid orientation video. At this point, we actually only have fairly conclusive evidence that you can time-travel through the Orchid. And before you say "The polar bear had to be transported to the desert by the Orchid station" please remember that he had metal in his colllar...metal BAD!

Sawyer didn’t give much information to Kate on how to find his daughter…don’tcha think her name would have at least been a little helpful.

Could Locke have torn the heart monitor off of Keamy’s arm and stuck it on his own or was the trigger device instant?

The little ice wall blocking the entrance to the donkey wheel lounge was unusual….thin and flat. Ice wouldn’t form that way naturally unless there was something stretched across the opening to act as a lattice for the moisture in the air to condense onto and form ice….perhaps a mild type of energy barrier?

Using his supernatural powers, Miles knew that Charlotte had been to the island before and had been trying to return…but how? He has never shown psychic abilities before now, only the knack for talking to dead people. Did a ghost tattle-tale on Charlotte?

The floor of the Donkey wheel lounge was covered in bunny turds. Either that or really, really tiny polar bears were hanging out there. Maybe it was a Dharma break-room.

Is Walt like 17 feet tall now? He went from cute little kid to college sophomore in less than two years.

Islands in the ocean are basically the tops of massive, Mount Everest-sized mountain ranges sticking out of the water, sort of like only seeing the tip of an iceberg. When the island moved was an entire mountain moved in the process, or just the top of a mountain? If it was just the top, wouldn’t you have to set it down in pretty shallow water so it wasn’t submerged…or does it float?

Why didn’t Hurley notice that the registration number N842M on the side of the helicopter had the numbers 8 and 42 in it?

There was much debate on LT.com on who was responsible for faking the wreckage of flight 815. I argued that it was Widmore, others argued that Ben was responsible. Is there any question now that it was Charles Widmore or is there still more to it than that?

So how long CAN little Aaron hold his breath underwater after a helicopter crashes into the ocean?

When Christian Shephard told Michael “You can go now” did he mean that he could die now or are we gonna see more of Michael as a living person in the future or will he be one of the undead.

Since Hugo was visited by Mr Eko and Charlie, Michael was visited by Libby, Jack was visited by his father, Mr. Eko was visited by Yemi and Locke was visited by Boone and all visitations seem to be by dead people, does that mean that Claire visiting Kate means that Clair is actually dead too? (for more, please see my Big theory on this one)

Does the code name “Frozen Donkey Wheel” given to us by the show’s producers actually mean that we are all jackasses for not figuring out that it was literally a frozen wheel?

So off-islanders experiencing nightmares/visitations now include Jack, Kate, Hurley and Widmore. Are Sun, Sayid, Desmond, Aaron or Lapidus also having nightmare and visitations by not-so-living people?

The people on the island apparently moved with the island but what about Daniel Faraday and the red shirt Losties in the Zodiac boat. Were they close enough to move with the island or are they still bobbing around somewhere in the south Pacific ocean?

Why does Charlotte keep pronouncing Daniel Faraday’s name as the female variant “Danielle” Some kind of clue as to Faraday’s “orientation” or just a subtle crack by Charlotte in regards to his manliness?

So why did Lapidus want the life raft (and life preservers) grabbed before dusting off from the freighter when he just had everybody toss all the loose crap off the chopper minutes before…questioning his own piloting skills perhaps?

So Locke is the new leader of the Others…Well let me tell you, nothing instills more confidence in the troops than getting a new leader who hasn’t even the slightest freakin’ clue as to what the hell is going on around him. Hey, it almost worked for George Bush.

So Sun has made contact with Charles Widmore to discuss mutual interests. So Sun is going to “help” Widmore. I wonder…is she gonna’ kiss him before she bends him over? Or at least give him a reach-around?

Why only one Dharma parka (Dharka) in the Orchid station and why was it only with Halowax’s name on it? Is it a job perk, sort of like getting the key to the executive washroom or a corner office?

Ben threw an empty silver garbage can into the vault. Its nice to know that the Dharma people cleaned up the place and took out the trash before the purge.
If Jacob wanted Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun and Aaron on the island, why did he let them leave in the first place?

Bloopers?:
After the chopper crashes in the ocean and the unconscious Desmond is pulled into the raft he is barefooted. When he climbs up the rope ladder onto Penny’s boat he is wearing socks and shoes…where did he get them?

Speaking of the chopper, it shouldn’t have crashed like that. In fact, it wouldn’t have crashed at all. It would have lost most of it’s forward momentum after the engine died. Then it would have dropped towards the ocean but the rotor blades would have continued turning for quite a while. When the helicopter got close to the surface all Lapidus had to do was pull up on the collector control (little handle to his left) and this would have generated lift to slow the chopper down and give it a somewhat more gentle landing. The rotors would essentially be trading rotational velocity for lift. This is called auto-rotation. I grew up in airports and have actually landed in an un-powered helicopter doing precisely that maneuver from an altitude of 1,500 feet as a training exercise…guess what…soft landing. AUTOROTATION: "...In normal, powered flight, air is drawn into the main rotor system from above and exhausted downward, but during autorotation, air moves up into the rotor system from below as the helicopter descends. Autorotation is permitted mechanically because of a freewheeling unit, which allows the main rotor to continue turning even if the engine is not running. It is the means by which a helicopter can be landed safely in the event of an engine failure." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorotation_(helicopter)

Lapidus flew on the right bearing from the island and the freighter took the right bearing to the island which means Lapidus would have practically flown directly over the freighter while looking for it. Why didn’t he see it?

Discuss…
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Season finale---observations, questions, notes and bloopers. Empty Re: Season finale---observations, questions, notes and bloopers.

Post by AngeloComet Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:52 am

Too much. . . in one post. . . she cannae take it, cap'n. . .
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Season finale---observations, questions, notes and bloopers. Empty Re: Season finale---observations, questions, notes and bloopers.

Post by wtfsignmeup Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:29 pm

Nice compact post MSHL!

My main confusion is centred on why Keamy chose to blow up his own freighter with his own people on it as a retaliation if he was killed on the island. If someone can explain that to me I would appreciate it.

I can't believe I overlooked the fact that the chopper which had just been emptied of everything not tied down, held a life raft and life jackets> WTF?
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamballa Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:37 pm

WTF, My guess is that Keamy could care less about anyone but himself and maybe his team. He would also know the Ben had a means of getting off the island and they could coerce him into taking them.
Shamballa
Shamballa

Number of posts : 621
Humor : Only on Tuesdays
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Mat Deade

http://shamballa108.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:32 pm

WTF, does this posting make my ass look fat?
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:52 pm

MyStarbuckHatesLost wrote:WTF, does this posting make my ass look fat?

No, your ass makes your ass look fat. geek
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:28 pm

In my glance at all of this I did see one thing and that is Daniel did go with the island if not they would have been in the water and the 06 would have been able to see them from the air...

back to work for now pale

Last edited by Alaina on Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:48 pm

MyStarbuckHatesLost wrote:

Using his supernatural powers, Miles knew that Charlotte had been to the island before and had been trying to return…but how? He has never shown psychic abilities before now, only the knack for talking to dead people. Did a ghost tattle-tale on Charlotte?

I'll take a stab at this question.
Assuming Miles is a legitimate sensitive and truly can see/speak to the dead, perhaps the Island's "unique properties" (I feel so Halliwax when I say that) enhanced his abilities in much the same way it has produced rapid healing amongst the LOSTies.
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Number of posts : 325
Humor : Insane
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jacob

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:36 am

MyStarbuckHatesLost wrote:Here’s some stuff for us to discuss over the next 7-buhzillion months while we wait for the next season of Lost to start.

Sawyer didn’t give much information to Kate on how to find his daughter…don’tcha think her name would have at least been a little helpful.

Thats so much like Cox its scary.

But this is a good post. There are a lot of things here I didnt pick up on. There are a lot of analysis of this finale arent there.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:48 pm

So did the static cling explosion caused by Ben’s excellent metal adventure in the Orchid Station vault destroy the time-travel machine? Will there be no more time-traveling bunnies? And how did Locke get off the island if it is destroyed. Did Faraday return with the Zodiac boat and loan it to Locke?

I guess the chamber in the Orchid is broken but if Sayid was there he probably would just need a couple of minutes and it would be repaired and in working order again! But Sayid is gone. We have not been told how Richard Alpert or Tom travel to and from the island. Maybe it was the Orchid or maybe they have yet another method of transportation. Maybe the submarine is still around. But we have not been told that the Orchid was the only method of getting off the island.

Wow you must have good hearing as I do not think that what Sawyer said was decipherable.

I think Miles showed this ability when he first met Michael and knew that his alias Kevin was not true. He also seemed to know that 80% of the other crew members on the freighter had secrets. So he does seem to have some ability to know secret things about people that he meets.

So why did Lapidus want the life raft (and life preservers) grabbed before dusting off from the freighter when he just had everybody toss all the loose crap off the chopper minutes before…questioning his own piloting skills perhaps?

Well they had put more gas in the chopper but the leak was given a bandaid solution. So I guess that the chopper would not have met any aviation safety standards, it was in an unsafe state at that time.

So Sun has made contact with Charles Widmore to discuss mutual interests. So Sun is going to “help” Widmore. I wonder…is she gonna’ kiss him before she bends him over? Or at least give him a reach-around?

Not really sure what that one is meaning, but it sounds a bit tacky.

If Jacob wanted Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun and Aaron on the island, why did he let them leave in the first place?

Ben never said that Jacob wanted them on the island, and if he really did then he surely would not be setting restrictions on all or none! It seems that it is Jack who wants to go back to the island and only if Jack can get the others to go back with him. It looks like Locke won’t put up much of an argument. But I have severe doubts about how easy it will be to convince the rest of them.

Hopefully Season Five won’t consist of a series of episodes where Ben and Jack using sneaky strategies work on convincing all the Oceanic Six that going back is a great idea.

Do not know how helicopters crash so will take your word on it.

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:17 pm

Good points Stitch.

Sawyer basically told Kate "I have a daughter in Alabama...you have to find her...tell her I'm sorry"

I forgot the Michael/Miles conversation on the docks...you're right on that one.

Sun "bending over Widmore" yeah, maybe tacky, but we know she's not gonna be his buddy and she is goning to use him to get back at him or perhaps get back to the island to find if Jin is alive.

"Hopefully Season Five won’t consist of a series of
episodes where Ben and Jack using sneaky strategies work on convincing
all the Oceanic Six that going back is a great idea. "
Agreed!
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by solarchap Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:53 am

metal in the polar bears Dharma tag, I can't believe I did not spot that.

I love the Trash bin observation too!
solarchap
solarchap
Others

Number of posts : 263
Humor : Lots
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Dirk Diggler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down