Re-incarnation.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re-incarnation.....

Post by SunburnedPenguin on Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:23 pm

This was mentioned in a theory and a few people, myself included, made brief comments about whether we believe it and our experiences of it...its just itching to be a good off-topic subject!

So heres my take on it, baring in mind I am not religious, just spiritual....but not a spiritualist I dont think...bah anyway....

I always base my beliefs on my own experiences and my interpretation of them. Its just what makes sense to me, and I dont expect others to believe the same as me without having thier own experiences and coming to that conclusion the same way I did.

As a young child, I was convinced I was once a little boy and I would always take on a male role in games...for example superman instead of wonder woman lol. As I grew older I lost this conviction, but always there was this memory I couldnt shake. I was a boy of about 6 years old standing on a wooden pier surrounded by men and women who were all trying to see out to sea. Some were crying, some were shouting, and I was trying to make my way through to the front but the womens skirts were so big and layered I had to really concentrate on not standing on the hems and getting into trouble. Someone shouted "That was the Kings favourite ship". Thats all I remember, and while I am willing to accept it may be a trick of the mind and was something I saw on TV or dreamed, it has always felt like a real memory as real as any of my other childhood memories.

Then, when I was about 16 and found an interest in the spiritual side of life (I was raised Athiest) I started reading about past-life memories and realised I had to go and find out what it was. So I went and had a session of past-life regression through hypnotism. I was not taken back to that life as a little boy on the pier (if thats what it was) but instead to a life as a young woman of 21, living in London in the late 1800's. I had 2 young children who were sick and dying, and a husband who was a violent drunk. In my regression, I was standing on a bridge looking down at the water, sobbing that I wanted to die. I jumped off and at that moment I felt the most insane panic I have ever felt. I was brought straight of hypnosis screaming and it took me a good few days to recover and shake that feeling, it was not nice. I went away sceptical and disapointed that I hadn't asnwered the question of where my boyhood memory came from.

Fastforward to age 21, and I had 2 young children. I was not married to their father but he was a violent drunk and I thought I would never be able to break away from him. My kids were not sick either.....but I did contemplate suicide at one point. I sat on my bed with a black eye and bleeding lip with a bottle of Co-proximal (sp?) and a bottle of vodka in my hand....really ready to just do it and get it over with. But then I felt that same panic again and realised that it was stupid, I remembered the regression and realised that if I did the same thing this time, I would just come back again to go through the same stuff until I got it right. It gave me strength like you wouldn't believe, and I broke up with my ex.

The funny thing is...when my eldest was a toddler, she used to say "I want my favourite red trousers" and on telling her she didnt have any red trousers, she would say "when I was a boy I did"

So yes I do believe in re-incarnation. I think that when we die some part of us remembers and is re-born to learn and grow...to what ends I have no idea, but if we get it wrong we do come back until we get it right. I think, I hope, I have got it right this time Smile

Losties is moving!!!! Read the Blog by clicking the new link at the top of the page!

You may have noticed a new arcade section.....pm me suggestions for games you would like to see added!

Losties RPG area now open! Check it out HERE
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

View user profile http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Re-incarnation.....

Post by eda on Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:54 pm

Wow SP that is so interesting ! I'm glad you feel like you got it right this time cat

I never had such vivid memories of reincarnation. Well in fact I have no memories at all ! But I do think it's possible.
eda
Others

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:22 pm

This all intrigues me to beyond belief. I could sit and chat with you all day about re-incarnation, spiritual realms, what I think dreams really are, deja vu, astral projection, etc etc etc, you get my point.

I've never experienced a session of past-life regression through hypnotism, but I would love to. I know you said yours was very scary, but I'd still love to know because it intrigues me so very much.

My boyfriend, of course, dissagrees with me on every level, but that's okay. I can have my own beliefs on what life is.
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:48 pm

It can be scary, but up until the last moment it was a very peaceful, surreal experience. I highly recomend it Smile

Losties is moving!!!! Read the Blog by clicking the new link at the top of the page!

You may have noticed a new arcade section.....pm me suggestions for games you would like to see added!

SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:51 pm

Where did you go for it?
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chirpey1987 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:57 pm

That was really intresting SP
chirpey1987
Others

Number of posts : 218
Humor : haha

Character sheet
Name: Amy-Louise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:03 pm

Wow, that was powerful SunnyP, you had me really sad there for a moment. I'm a very logical person, and as this doesnt follow the rules of science and more importantly my own rules, I dont have the same beliefs. As I havent had any of these experiences I dont believe in it ... yet. I would like to believe in reincarnation, and of course you cant prove that it does or does not exist. But something about it doesnt add up in my brain, so I can think about it and tell myself all the reasons why it could be true. I can see all the accounts like this, yet something just tells me that its not right. Just like I'd love to follow a religion, but I cant. It seems like a very enjoyable way to live our life, but I'd never be able to believe in any of it. I would love to be able to belive... but my brain wont let me. I guess it is a blessing and Im making it sound bad, I get a lot of benefits from it like; being very good at maths. I think in a way that makes it easy for maths to understand, I pick things up quickly and then its just a matter of using it in a real situation ... Hey where did everyone go. Stares out at empty room. Come back!!

TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:17 pm

Hey HSM, something either fits with you or it doesnt....nothing wrong with that, and it shows you are not gullible and have your own mind which is wonderful Smile

Jacqui - it depends where you are but its not usually hard to find a good hypnotherapist, just make sure they are registered with GHR Smile

SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Thank you for sharring that was a great story. I have heard many similar with past regression but have not experienced it myself. I`m more spiritual than religous also but if I were to chose it would be Buddism and they do follow re-incarnation. I think that we continue comming back until we have learned all the world has to teach us and also to make up for PAST mistakes.
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by solarchap on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:43 am

SBP I have only just seen this post, there was one part of your post I found difficult to read, and I am sorry you experienced that.

I want to cheer you up with the superman/wonder-woman joke, but I don't want to sully a serious post so perhaps i'll tell you when you ask (if you aint already heard it of course!)

re: our Dawkins conversations, you may be surprised to hear I do believe in re-incarnation!!

.... just in a different way..... well two ways actually!!!....

first, The Dawkins way Wink i.e.

Darwinian evolution tells us that we are incipient 'compost': simply assemblages of complex molecules, but that the molecules of our very being will eventually return every atom elsewhere.

I find this oddly comforting. I like the idea that the molecules of which I am composed will, once I have rotted, (not before the Trolls though!) be incorporated into other organisms. Bits of me pushing through the growing tips of trees, creeping over them as caterpillars, hunting those caterpillars as birds and on and on.

When I die, I would like to be buried in a fashion which ensures that no part of me is wasted. Then I really can claim to have been of some use after all!

second and lastly, the cosmologist and fine science writer Marcus Chown (New Scientist) & Max Tegmark (Cool Danish Physicist) write about this from the quantum-physics viewpoint, and suggests in an infinite ULTRA-verse (one up from the multi-verse) everything plays out in every fashion......

and that because the only realities are the ones you are consciously aware of, whilst you would be unable to perceive more than one distinct reality at any one time, they accept, in our bizarre, quantum world, some sort of echo-entanglement could actually happen......maybe not so different to what Desmond went through.

If I was re-incarnated I would like to come back as me Smile
solarchap
Others

Number of posts : 263
Humor : Lots
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Dirk Diggler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:51 am

lol yes tell me the joke Smile

I would like to come back as me actually......but a lot wiser which I guess is kind of the point!!

I like the picture you paint of our bodies returning to nature though. I like that a lot.

SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:09 am

I do think that reincarnation is a possibility and the reason I think this is because of that very familiar expression "Love at First Sight".

I have believed in lust at first sight but never realy love at first sight. Then I met someone and it definitely was NOT love at first sight. However, there was a real sense of connectedness, a sense of history between us, even though we were strangers. Not that it is harmonious, we tend to argue and fight all the time, which is odd as I never really argue or fight with anyone else.

It is like being with someone you have known forever and how do you account for that? So maybe we do get a chance to do something different in this life that may have been unresolved in an earlier life.

I do not know but if we meet someone that we do connect with immediately then maybe that is because it is not really the first time that we have met them.

Stitch
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Steve

View user profile http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by solarchap on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:25 am

sounds like you got a real nice Sheila there Stitch!

I once went out with a girl, and believe me, when she used to tell me off all the time (crisps in bed, 'Dutch-Oven' experience, talking to other...people etc) it felt like for ever!

ok SBP,

Superman is cruising around Manhattan feeling a bit horny......

Suddenly he spots Wonder-Woman.....sunning herself!......naked!.....on top of the Daily Planet Building!.....legs akimbo!.....he could not believe his luck!

So he says to himself "I'm Superman! I can do whatever the Hell I like! I could fly right over there, give her a good super-screwing and be out of there so fast, she'll never know what hit her!!"

So he goes for it...

He flies faster than a speeding bullet, and WHAM!!! BAM!!!! THANK-YOU MAM !!!!!

Job done! He flies off feeling super-good!!

Wonder-Woman is looking shaken, but not stirred, and says out loud :

"What the fu#k was that?!?!?!"

The Invisible Man then says "Fu#k knows!! but my Frikkin Arse is Sore!"

Very Happy
solarchap
Others

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:15 am

StitchExp626 wrote:I do think that reincarnation is a possibility and the reason I think this is because of that very familiar expression "Love at First Sight".

I have believed in lust at first sight but never realy love at first sight. Then I met someone and it definitely was NOT love at first sight. However, there was a real sense of connectedness, a sense of history between us, even though we were strangers. Not that it is harmonious, we tend to argue and fight all the time, which is odd as I never really argue or fight with anyone else.

It is like being with someone you have known forever and how do you account for that? So maybe we do get a chance to do something different in this life that may have been unresolved in an earlier life.

I do not know but if we meet someone that we do connect with immediately then maybe that is because it is not really the first time that we have met them.

Stitch

Funny you should say that mate Smile

When Lonewolf and I met it was like that. Such an intense, immediate connection. We never went through that "getting to know you" phase as we already knew eachother inside and out. We think the same way, voice eachothers thoughts, and are very very happy. We have definitely found eachother for a reason. The coinicdences and signs surrounding us meeting are too great to ignore Smile

Solar........frak me that joke had me in hysterics.....I had to share it with my collegues who were also highly amused hehe Very Happy

SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:34 am

For phenomena such as this I am more inclined towards the untapped potential of the human brain than to buy into the alternative.

(It's hard enough to believe in a soul/spirit - reincarnation asks me to believe in one that gets recycled; cleaned and wiped and ready for use again, with the occasional traces of memory sometimes still remaining!)

That your present life mirrored your 'former' life, for me, was more telling. Mild escapism? Transference of current concerns to an outside place for evaluation? These all fit much better for me - and I won't even profess any genuine understanding of psychiatry.

When someone tells me ghost stories I listen to their story and quietly think: OK, so that's all the information that supports your ghost story - now what are you not telling me, or what else was going on that you were unaware of?
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

View user profile http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:47 am

Hi AC,

What if I was to tell you that today I had afternoon tea with Danielle Minogue. Bet you that you would be jealous!

Right?

Right.

Stitch
StitchExp626

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:56 am

Yeah, I'm envious.

I've always said I'd rather bang Dannii than Kylie any day of the week. If you see her again, you can tell her that from me.
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.

Character sheet
Name: Jack

View user profile http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:58 am

aaaaahhhh, only if I can squeeze it into a coversation! OK?

Stitch
StitchExp626

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by solarchap on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:18 pm

hey Stitch, Danni met me in Cut & Run, an editing studio in Dean street London, around 1999ish. She was looking good and so was I.

I say she met me, well she did walk past me, and I could have sworn she noticed me at one point LOL!

Her editors name was Julian Tranquile, I was sitting there drinking beer, when she walked in, and thats about it.

She has a mighty fine set of lungs on her.
solarchap
Others

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:52 pm

Alright, I am right there with you SBP!! I am not religious at all but I have a spiritual side.

My youngest daughter Reagan can tell stories about her great great grandpa Mike. She has never met him, he died when I was five. And when she met her great great grandma Silvia, Mikes wife, she said that GG Grandpa Mike says hi and he loves her always, (part of their vows or something). It is creepy and beautiful at the same time. I hope that that makes sense.

Also, I went to Egypt a few years ago. When I was there I had this over whelming feeling that I belonged there. It felt so strong that I was emotional about it. I didn't even want to see the stuff that people go there to see (and that me and my husband went there to see). After I got there, I just wanted to travel to these seemingly unimportant sights. I couldn't explain it, it just felt like home. Dave was creeped out and upset because I didn't want to visit the sphyinx. Oh well. Now I can't stop thinking about it. I want to see a hypnotist and see if there are some past life memories where I lived in Egypt.
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content