Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other 3 - Contains Spoiler from Enhanced Version

+9
SunburnedPenguin
chirpey1987
vincentthedog
Alaina
l337Jacqui
Lojozz
GaryOC
Smokette
3Bella
13 posters

Go down

The Other 3 - Contains Spoiler from Enhanced Version Empty The Other 3 - Contains Spoiler from Enhanced Version

Post by 3Bella Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:29 pm

Why did the O6 chose Libby, Charlie, and Boone to initally survive the crash, but die later on? What significance did they have to the lie that is being told? I can only surmise that Libby was chosen because of how Hurley felt for her. She helped him overcome a lot on the island, and maybe he just wants the oppurtunity to talk about her and what she meant to him.

Charlie died trying to save his friends. He died a hero. But if that is the case for making him survive the crash, why would they not include Sawyer? For all they know he died too, trying to save his friends.

Boone? He didn't live on the island for long, and he wasn't involved with anyone other than Shannon, and he didn't save anyone's life. He only died because Locke was selfish, willing to sacrifice anything to get into that Hatch.

If they had to make 3 other people live to make their lie more believeable, why these 3? Is it because each of these 3 appeared to someone in a vision after their deaths? Libby to Michael, Charlie to Hurley, and Boone to Locke? Or, is it simply because it made a good lie?

P.S. For UK fans, not sure you had the chance to see the part of the press conference where Jack mentions this info. It appeared in the US on 5/29 when parts 1 (enhanced) 2 and 3 were aired together. I checked Lostpedia to make sure I wasn't dreaming this! =)

Last edited by 3Bella on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Bella
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 6
Humor : Quirky
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

The Other 3 - Contains Spoiler from Enhanced Version Empty Re: The Other 3 - Contains Spoiler from Enhanced Version

Post by Smokette Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:49 pm

Well, those people actually did die on the island.
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Number of posts : 165
Humor : Dry. Very Dry.
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Colleen

Back to top Go down

The Other 3 - Contains Spoiler from Enhanced Version Empty Re: The Other 3 - Contains Spoiler from Enhanced Version

Post by GaryOC Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:50 pm

Forgive me if i've missed something but who confirmed it was these 3 which the 06 said were the fellow survivors?
GaryOC
GaryOC
Tailie

Number of posts : 39
Humor : Sarcastic/Slightly Black
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:58 pm

I've never heard or read anything that suggests that these 3 people where named in the lie by the O6. Where is this information from, if its acurate then it is actually a spoiler and should be moved to that section.
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Yeah I never heard this either....I was thinking Desmond and Lapidus would be the others who "died", but that's just me guessing
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:45 pm

3Bella is correct about theses 3 being the ones that survived it was on the enhanced version shown just before the last part.
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:48 pm

The said these three. But the question is why???
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by chirpey1987 Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:01 pm

l337Jacqui wrote:Yeah I never heard this either....I was thinking Desmond and Lapidus would be the others who "died", but that's just me guessing

I do not think that desmond and lapidus will be included in the lie taht they was the two that died out of the supposed 8, because they was not on the plane manifest, that is why they didn't carry on in the the lifeboat with the remaining 06

If they stayed on how would they be explained
chirpey1987
chirpey1987
Others

Number of posts : 218
Humor : haha

Character sheet
Name: Amy-Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:22 pm

Alaina wrote:3Bella is correct about theses 3 being the ones that survived it was on the enhanced version shown just before the last part.

Theres an enhanced version??? Why have I never heard this lol!!!!

Oooh more Lost to watch yay cheers

Ok, so if it is those 3 then....it is an odd choice. I need to think about this one Smile
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:47 pm

SunburnedPenguin wrote:Theres an enhanced version??? Why have I never heard this lol!!!!

Oooh more Lost to watch yay cheers
I posted it as an announcement, 3 minutes into the episode, to warn of spoilers. I pulled said announcement after the UK had seen the finale. I assumed they played it for you guys, too.

There was 2 minutes extra in the Enhanced NPLH Part 1 on ABC, when broadcast before Parts 2 & 3.

Didn't realize it was still a spoiler. Oops.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamiLost Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:34 pm

OMG There is an enhanced version? Yeyyyy something else to watch! But why these 3? It's strange... need to think about it! scratch
SamiLost
SamiLost
Lostie

Number of posts : 60

Character sheet
Name: SamiLuck

Back to top Go down

Post by JacksEyes Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Charlie spoke to Penny on the radio, she must have told someone else so he had to have survived the original crash. But Boone and Libby? Somebody off-island must have evidence that Boone and Libby were alive on the island.

Didn't Boone have a radio conversation with someone from the tail-section (Libby? Although I thought Bernard). Could Penny have told the O6 that someone had overheard that conversation ?
JacksEyes
JacksEyes
Tailie

Number of posts : 23
Humor : Aqueous
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:12 pm

Here is the Enhanced Scene from the Oceanic 6 press conference"There's No Place like Home" 4.12
video by- jackbushjohnson

Last edited by katesawjack on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:46 pm

This is the link that tells about the other enhanced versions.

***SPOILERS***

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Other_Woman-Enhanced#The_Other_Woman-Enhanced
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down