Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

--

3 posters

Go down

-- Empty Re: --

Post by So_Lost Wed May 14, 2008 9:13 pm

Wow, you have really done your homework!

Everything you write is definitely plausible, but do you think the writers would base the show so closely on the Bible? I don't know about that.

But I really like how you made me think further on the Jacob vs. Esau struggle. You didn't mention that Esau's progeny went on to form Islam...can you factor that in? And how about the fact that it was Jacob's mother Rebekah who came up with the ploy to trick Isaac, who was very, very old and blind (Genesis 27:6-10). That was a really pivotal action in the stolen blessing...Rebekah orchestrated and executed the whole thing! Jacob was Rebekah's favorite son.

I am not challenging you on this, just wondering if you had factored those two things into your theory. I really like what you have, though. study
So_Lost
So_Lost
Lostie

Number of posts : 73
Humor : My Crazy Kids
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Obscure Fri May 16, 2008 8:11 am

I don't know if I made a comment in 'the old country' but in our new promised land I am going to give you a plus 1. I think you make a very convincing case for Jacob having a brother!

Obscure
Tailie

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Fri May 16, 2008 10:07 pm

plus 1, I don`t think its based on any one thing or religion as there is a lot of Budist similarites aswell. But this makes sense. One good one bad. one white badgammon piece and one white.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum