Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports

+7
blonde
StitchExp626
retroactiveman
MyStarbuckHatesLost
Caged_Faraday
Irocz28
vincentthedog
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sports Empty Sports

Post by vincentthedog Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Sports CetSports Bb-1Sports L_456cb6bdd80dae5c66609069267b3011Sports PatsWe seem to have some sports fans here so I will start I`m from New England so I love the Red Socks, Patriots, Bruins and the Celtics. Any Yankee, Colts or Giants fans I`ve heard it all, this is just for fun!!!
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Sports Empty Re: Sports

Post by Irocz28 Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:04 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah Vincent. Your teams have had their time in the sun. Super Bowls. World Series. NBA Finals. Give another city a chance will ya....

Even though I am not even close to Chicago, I am a gigantic Cubs fan. Why? I don't know. I just fell in love with that whole "lovable loser" thing as a kid and the obsession only grew from there. It's been 100 years since their last World Series Title (Vincent, you know how I feel. The Sox were once cursed too.).

But, I am saying it right now. They have the best record in baseball and showing no signs of slowing down. This is the year they go all the way!!

(Oh jeez. I hope I didn't just jinx them by saying that)
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:30 pm

I only follow one major sprt and that's NHL Hockey. I'm a huge Habs fan. Sorry Vincent, I hate your Bruins. Always have, always will. But I will say, that playoff series was some of the best hockey I've seen in forever.

Question to all the sports fans: Who on your team wears (or wore) the Numbers?

On les Habitants, most of "the Numbers" are retired jerseys, so they belong to the greats...

4 - Jean Béliveau, Hall of Famer, Stanley Cup Captain, Official Ambassedor

16 - Henri "the Pocket Rocket" Richard

23 - current GM Bob Gainey

I don't know the other 3 off the top of my head, and can't access sports sites from work to check.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:22 pm

Iroc I knew you would be the first to jump in the sports talk and yes I do feel you`re pain good luck to you`re team they do deserve it after soooo long. No problem Caged Faraday Hokey is my least favorite sport as I am not Canadian, but my ex-wife is so I know how intense it can get. I will get back to the #`s
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:39 am

Vincent, I love ya but I gotta say how many of those Superbowl rings do the Patriots actually deserve...you know, the ones they won WITHOUT cheating.

As a Steeler fan you can imagine that I'm not too big on the Pats.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by retroactiveman Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:29 am

Iroc...I always knew that we had problems that ran deeper than Lost. Go Cardinals. I see that you're not from chicago. This means that you'd fit in well with all the other transplant fans at the biggest and most expensive bar/urinal in the world, wrigley field.

Vincent, how emarassing for yourself, putting that first superbowl ring up for the patriots. After Senator Spector releases it, I want you to exchange that picture with a clip from the Rams superbowl practice walkthrough. Cheaters never win.
retroactiveman
retroactiveman
Others

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: johnny fever

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:37 am

unfortunately retro, they do win...and profit from it. At least the Pats did.

Yank those unearned trophies from them, take back their money and ban everyone involved in it from the NFL for life and I bet the cheating will stop.

I know, wishful thinking
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:32 am

Huh?
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blonde Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:21 pm

DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!
blonde
blonde
Others

Number of posts : 437
Humor : +1
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Tallulah-Raye

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:10 pm

To starbuck and retroactiveman I would gladdly debate the valitity of each and every championship that the New England Patriots earned. Jabbing is all in good fun but when peoples vision of the games is distorted by the national media it is indeed sad. Anyone who has played the game knows that it is won on the field by the players, just ask the New York Giants. And to Stitch I`m sorry American football disagrements. Go Celtics tonight #17. I hope no one thinks I`m an arse.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:58 am

No of course we don't think you're an arse (ass) You just have bad taste in football teams
Very Happy

"...Anyone who has played the game knows that it is won on the field by the players"

I've suited up and taken hits...it sure would have been nice to know the defense's play calls before they ran them
Razz
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by retroactiveman Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:16 am

Vincent, I have no problem with you obviously. I like you you are cool.

To say though that the national media is biased against Boston teams is ridiculous. Espn televises red sox games 3 to 4 times a week!

Also bear in mind that I am a cardinal fan, and witnessed the 2004 world series first hand, were the national media had the entire nation rooting against your team, tom hanks being interviewed at fenway... Thinking about it to this day still makes me mad.

Sorry. I have a little chip on my shoulder against boston teams (also the Boston fans that were in st louis for the 2004 series were some of the most obnoxious ive ever met). But seriously, do fans in boston think the national media have it in for them?

Finally two words "Fever Pitch".
retroactiveman
retroactiveman
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:21 pm

I belive the national media took a small story( Matt Walsh 2 days before superbowl) and ran with NOTHING for almost 9 months. No tape, no walk through. As far as the tapes that were destroyed I belive this was mishandled but agree with the punishment. Boston fans can get very obnoxious and I am sorry for that. One of my best friends is from St. Louis so i feel you`re pain retroman. Fever pitch was horrible. Starbuck teams have been reading signals for years but to use them in game would be near impossible, they might help for the next meeting between the teams but in that game you would have to be a genius, as much as I like are coach he is not a genius. That said I am not a typical Boston fan and can be objective (somewhat). I will leave this now and probally sould have never posted it here. I am sorry. Embarassed
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:17 pm

Wow, who'd have expected the Sports side topic to get more heated than Debate Club?

Not being much of a Baseball fan (I grew up watching the Yankees with my dad, but that's about it) and not liking American football (Odd, I know), I have no real opinions about any of these teams. I can't help but be aware of the Patriot Superbowl wins and the Sox World Series championships, simply because of where I live. Connecticut is split, nearly 50 - 50 between NY and Boston fans for everything. The Yankees - Sox baseball rivalry is enourmous here, and the Giants - Pats is nearly as bad. I find myself outside of both arguments, but they're there, in my face all the time.

And Retro, there's a logical explanation regarding ESPN and the Sox. Although the Sox have their own network (NESN), ESPN is ran out of New Britain, CT, about 150 miles Southwest of Boston. For all intents and purposes, the Sox are their home team (even though they're supposed to be a national network.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:36 pm

retroactiveman wrote:Iroc...I always knew that we had problems that ran deeper than Lost. Go Cardinals. I see that you're not from chicago. This means that you'd fit in well with all the other transplant fans at the biggest and most expensive bar/urinal in the world, wrigley field.

I understand your feelings being a Cards fan, but there is a reason why Wrigley is sold out nearly every game. Because there is no better place to see a game. Even games at 1 in the afternoon are sold out with businessmen leaving work and children skipping school. And a lot of fans are jealous at the number of "transplant Cubs fans" as you call them, basically because Cubs fans usually outnumber their fans at home games.
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by retroactiveman Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:18 pm

all below is in good fun!!!

uroc: having lived in chicago for 10 years I speak for experience; wrigley field is a great bar/urinal, maybe the finest in the world...but we where im from prefer to watch baseball

i can just picture you there, with your mark grace jersey on, sitting in the bleachers, with your buddies who are wearing sosa jerseys, mumbling the words to take me out to the ballgame while Kelley Pickler sings....

good times uroc, good times
retroactiveman
retroactiveman
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:40 pm

It's Iroc. And I will be there in my Mark Grace jersey, but I will be there in October singing "We are the Champions".

Enjoy the Cards Wild Card berth.

Just some innocent sports trash talk.
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by retroactiveman Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:29 am

Iroc, like I said, I lived in Chicago for 10 years, heard it all before and may have been struck in the face a couple of times on certain occasions (and may have been asking for it).

Oh and I will enjoy a wild card berth; I dont pretend that a team with a payroll half of the Cubs should win the division, but would it not be sweet if it happened?
retroactiveman
retroactiveman
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by retroactiveman Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:35 am

Vincent...all in good fun, just playing around. Thanks for posting, its good to support your team...and trust me if I was from Boston, I might be throwing it in everybodies faces right now too!!! Go ahead relish in it. Its good for you. But not for me, therefore I hate you Smile
retroactiveman
retroactiveman
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Well, the Cubs payroll is $130 Million and the Cards is $100 Million, so it's not really even close to half. But, it is half of the Yankees at a staggering $208 Million. I think we can both agree that they really suck right now for how much their getting paid.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/teamSalary?categoryId=71592
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:18 pm

retroactiveman wrote:Vincent...all in good fun, just playing around. Thanks for posting, its good to support your team...and trust me if I was from Boston, I might be throwing it in everybodies faces right now too!!! Go ahead relish in it. Its good for you. But not for me, therefore I hate you Smile
No worries as you say all in good fun. I will be happy if the Celtics win tonight. I didn`t mean to "throw" anything in anyones face but I guess I should have expected heated dissagreements. Mad
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryOC Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:03 am

Sorry to turn this all English on you guys but my sport is Football (or Soccer to our U.S brothers and sisters)

My team is Everton, who's goalkeeper is Tim Howard, USA Number 1 also.

Do any of u guys follow English football?
GaryOC
GaryOC
Tailie

Number of posts : 39
Humor : Sarcastic/Slightly Black

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by retroactiveman Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:55 am

Follow the real football the best I can. however i didnt get to see too much premier league last year as my wife decided, unilateraly, to cut back our cable television package. The US team recently had a friendly with Argentina. Argentina didnt hold back (Messi played the entire 1st half), and Howard looked especially good (the one thing the US seems to be able to consistently produce is goalkeepers). The US looked a lot better than they did against england, which was two weeks prior I believe. I've been following Euro, even though it hasnt produced that much excitement, from my perspective (minus the turks), yet.
retroactiveman
retroactiveman
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:01 am

GaryOC wrote:Sorry to turn this all English on you guys but my sport is Football (or Soccer to our U.S brothers and sisters)

My team is Everton, who's goalkeeper is Tim Howard, USA Number 1 also.

Do any of u guys follow English football?

You follow Everton? That's not football my friend, thats foosball Very Happy

Spurs FTW!!!
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Sports 11-1Sorry SunnyP...
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum