--

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: --

Post by AngeloComet on Wed May 14, 2008 2:19 pm

There's certainly a C.S. Lewis allusion going on - which started way, way back with the episode White Rabbit right up to Through The Looking Glass.

However, there are some key factors that stop this theory from being easy to accept.

When Ben showed up in the desert he had a wounded arm and was wearing a Dharma parka (as apparently belonged to Halliwax). However, during the Island events he was wearing no such coat when he went in, nor when he returned, and the same goes for the arm injury.
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

View user profile http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin on Wed May 14, 2008 2:47 pm

I think theres definitely a reference there, and lots of them, but I dont think when he disappeared into his secret room he ended up in Tunisia...as AC points out it doesnt explain the arm injury.

I do think there is a clue there though and may just refer to the process of going through the door...kinda metaphorical perhaps?

It also reminds me of an old British kids programme, Mr Benn Smile

Losties is moving!!!! Read the Blog by clicking the new link at the top of the page!

You may have noticed a new arcade section.....pm me suggestions for games you would like to see added!

Losties RPG area now open! Check it out HERE
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

View user profile http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet on Wed May 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Yeah, you're right about that Lewis Carroll thing. I was wrong there.

I'm not wrong about Ben in the desert thing though! tongue
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.

Character sheet
Name: Jack

View user profile http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz on Wed May 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Worryingly my last post hasn't shown up! Bad Gateway?

Anyway nice obsevations but I also don't think he went through the door to Tunisia. For that to work he would need some mechanism to get back into that room and I just can't see how they would do that.
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388

Character sheet
Name: Joe

View user profile http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz on Wed May 14, 2008 4:35 pm

tr41c it is possible that there is some form of mechanism on the other side of that dorr, but I still don't see how once used and in the Sahara he could get back. He didn't seem to have 'Time Machine' strapped to his back. Its not Star Trek so I can't see him being 'beemed up' in a teleporter kind of way. I just can't see how he would get back behind the door to re-appear as he did.

All of that said, whatever he does use to 'travel' could certainly be behind that door, I just don't think he used it at that point.
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail on Wed May 14, 2008 5:26 pm

Lojozz wrote:Worryingly my last post hasn't shown up! Bad Gateway?

::chuckles::

Smile
MollyCocktail
Others

Number of posts : 325
Humor : Insane

Character sheet
Name: Jacob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by So_Lost on Wed May 14, 2008 5:46 pm

I am still not convinced that he time traveled at all when he went into that room. I am in the camp that says he went in there for the purpose of summoning the smoke.

While there is no doubt that the literary references are there, I don't think that it is clear that he time traveled. Or maybe he did both...

Okay, I think someone should take on the debate: What did Ben do when he went in that room? confused
So_Lost
Lostie

Number of posts : 73
Humor : My Crazy Kids

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz on Wed May 14, 2008 6:03 pm

I'm in the he summoned the smoke monster camp.

So_Lost is that a challenge?
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by So_Lost on Wed May 14, 2008 9:21 pm

Ugh...Lojozz...that was so NOT a challenge, at least not one from me! But I would love to read someone else debate it! Anyway, it looks as though you and I are in agreement on this one! But since you are king , maybe you and someone who thinks he time-traveled in that room could debate. Hint, hint tr41c...

If I had more brainpower accessible at this time, I would totally debate...I am a fighter...but, alas, at this point in my life I have momnesia (see my comment in Is Claire Dead?), and all I can debate over is whether or not my kids can have Cheerios or Fruit Loops for a snack this afternoon. Embarassed
So_Lost
Lostie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup on Thu May 15, 2008 1:26 am

I have to go with the smoke monster conjuring camp as well tr41c, but your theory has got me thinking...I had thought the connection with Chronicles of Narnia may relate to the four new people,Daniel,Charlotte,Miles and Lapidus as the ones who entered the magical land...(being the island)

So Lost, I have momnesia too!! I feel better now I know its a genuine medical condition Smile
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup on Thu May 15, 2008 2:07 am

tr41c wrote:As for the challenge, I think I have already put my best foot forward. You should also know that all my theories about this show are offered up with a great deal of self doubt.

This theory is plausible and the episode gave clues to back it up...Cool I think its a possibility. I have hopes for a future episode that will show the events leading up to Ben appearing in the desert.
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by So_Lost on Thu May 15, 2008 7:23 am

tr41c wrote:As for the challenge, I think I have already put my best foot forward. You should also know that all my theories about this show are offered up with a great deal of self doubt.

tr41c - Can I use this as my all-time signature?! This is the best summation of every single thought I have ever typed about our beloved Lost. Especially the second sentence. That is my mantra.

scratch
So_Lost
Lostie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Fri May 16, 2008 1:20 am

Momnesia!!! I love it!! It explains so much.

Anyways!! Ben could have went through that door to the hotel. He didn't appear to have any injury, and when he saw Sayid on the TV he looked suprised. Maybe that is because he doens't know that Sayid got off of the island in the future. Then the Tunsinia thing was a flash foward, or a peek at what is involved in the time travel or transporting thing. Although, I must admit, that I too belive the Ben went into that room to summon smokie. I just thought that I would throw a new perspective into the mix.
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by So_Lost on Fri May 16, 2008 5:26 am

Hi Hope! I am a stay at home mom, too. Good to find another one! I was beginning to think that the only Lost fans around here are 30-40 year old single men from the UK. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Oh yes, Momnesia is here and it is real! It is also what causes us to have more than one child! flower
So_Lost
Lostie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SamiLost on Fri May 16, 2008 7:48 pm

I am in the camp of teleported to somewhere (Not necessarily Tunisia), and
also summoned the smoke monster!

How about this: teleported somewhere to summon the smoke monster! Maybe to the Temple!?

P.S. how about using these starts ( Like a Star @ heaven ) to rate theories? Any number of stars from 0 to 5!! I give this one a Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven!
SamiLost
Lostie

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: SamiLuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down