Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Everyone dab is here!

+12
MyStarbuckHatesLost
nino_1
wtfsignmeup
Shamballa
John_Vee
SunburnedPenguin
Irocz28
CosmicJewels
tracker
Occam
TheHolyStickman
dabiatchishere
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hi Everyone dab is here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi Everyone dab is here!

Post by dabiatchishere Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:29 am

Annie, You deserve the best! It was my pleasure! Very Happy
dabiatchishere
dabiatchishere
Others

Number of posts : 119
Humor : Outrageous!
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Igs Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:56 am

Dab -- Welcome!!!! So great to see ya here. You were always one of my favorite L-T posters...always very informed posts, which I dug. That, and it didn't hurt that you were always so respectful when commenting on my "comments".

Mind you, your impressing me was not simply because you chose a french name (or so I thought!).

See when I first read your name, I somehow totally misread it and convinced myself it was a made-up french word: dabatchiere. Thus I pronounced it in my head like "da bot she air" (skipping all kinds of letters). Needless to say, I liked this made-up french word a lot (I should have...considering it was actually me who made it up it appears).

I literally read your name like this for months until one day I finally was reading one of your brilliant posts and it hit me like a freight train. If I wasn't so busy laughing at myself, I would have felt mighty stupid.

To be honest though, that is still how I think of your name (if thats ok) -- albeit I know what the real name is now. Anyway, figured since you were just joining up here, I would share that little L-T insight.

Look forward to your posts!!!!

Igs
Tailie

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dabiatchishere Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:12 am

Hi Igs! Thank you for that brilliantly funny rendition of my name! One, which you can continue to call me, as it beats the true pronunciation. lol! My nephew gave me this name, when he was about 16 years of age, and used it as an announcement and welcome when I would enter the house!

My sense of humour, being such, I got a good laugh out of it, and him and the way he stated it. The name stuck, (he still says it, 8 years later), and I took it on, as my screen name.

I am a positive person, so give a lot of positivity out, and am glad that you felt that from me on LT, a place where remaining positive at times was a challenge!

I thank you for the great welcome and the wonderfully honest and warm-hearted take on my name. It was a breath of fresh air, and so are you!

Thanks for sharing! cheers You rock!
dabiatchishere
dabiatchishere
Others

Number of posts : 119
Humor : Outrageous!
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum