Kelvin did it!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kelvin did it!

Post by Lojozz on Thu May 15, 2008 5:22 pm

OK its about time I got a theory on the board so here goes.

I wrote a theory on LT's by the name 'Place your pieces on the plane'. This theory said that there are two sides both of whom knew the plane was going to crash and they then made sure that certain people were on the plane. They knew that the island would protect them so they wouldn't die from the crash.

This theory is a slight change to that theory and instead of knowing the plane would crash they knew Des would not push the button. This means that Seth Norris must have been in on it and told to have the plane at a certain place at a certain time.

OK so Kelvin has manipulated Des all along making him desperate to leave the hatch but being to afraid to. So the day that they need Des not to push the button Kelvin allows Des to see a rip in his HAZMAT suit causing him to follow him. Kelvin military man knows Des is following him:

From Lostpedia: INMAN [from behind Desmond]: Well, gosh, I didn't think you had the stones to come after me. I was a spook for 10 years, Des. I know when I'm being followed.

So I think Inman lead Des far enough away to make sure that the button wasn't pressed. Seth Norris made sure the plane was in range when this happened, the plane crashed, all those on board with a purpose were saved by the island. Interestingly Seth himself was saved. His purpose? To tell Jack and Kate that they were so far off course that rescuers would be looking in the wrong place. Essentially telling them to give up on rescue! Purpose served up pops smokey and Seth is no more.

So the big question is who did Seth and Kelvin work for?
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Joe

View user profile http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelvin did it!

Post by SunburnedPenguin on Thu May 15, 2008 5:24 pm

I'll move this to "No spoiler for UK theories" Smile

(see announcement at top of this section)

Losties is moving!!!! Read the Blog by clicking the new link at the top of the page!

You may have noticed a new arcade section.....pm me suggestions for games you would like to see added!

Losties RPG area now open! Check it out HERE
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

View user profile http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz on Thu May 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Jax I put it here because it has reference to the island not letting people die, but I guess that was already know before the last episode. I actually expected to go into more detail on it than i did.
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin on Thu May 15, 2008 5:56 pm

Thats fine, if you do want to expand and include info from ep 11 let me know and I can always move it back Smile

Great theory by the way, it really fills in a lot of missing pieces.

It would seem if this was the case, then they would of been on the islands side, getting the people it needs there, but then why kill Seth? Hmm lots of food for thought Smile

Losties is moving!!!! Read the Blog by clicking the new link at the top of the page!

You may have noticed a new arcade section.....pm me suggestions for games you would like to see added!

SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz on Thu May 15, 2008 5:59 pm

My take on killing Seth...if he was involved then he probably knew to much. This is not information the island would want the losties to know.
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin on Thu May 15, 2008 6:01 pm

Thats a very good point. It did seem like he was about to tell them more if I remember correctly.....

SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tracker on Fri May 16, 2008 1:48 am

Possible Lojozz but I have a problem with people having to "take the bait" . What if Des doesn't see Inman's torn pants. Maybe he's sick that day and not as alert. What if he sees the tear but instead he tells Inman " dude... your pants are torn, be more careful or ya gonna die brotha.

My point is, with these type of theories, someone has to plan EXACTLY what will happen. If one thing goes wrong, the plane continues over the island.
tracker
Others

Number of posts : 237
Humor : Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.......Archie Bunker
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost on Fri May 16, 2008 12:42 pm

Good points but too many "mousetraps" Tracker is quite correct in pointing out that this plan is too easily susceptible to, what they call in NASA jargin, multiple failure modes. If one little thing goes wrong, it causes a whole cascade of downstream changes and the plan falls apart completely.

And why such a convoluted and complicated plan?

This also assumes that there was active intervention to get the Losties on the plane, either by Jacob, the island or some outside person, group or organization.

Which leads me to...
read my latest theory, it deals with some of this as well.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.

View user profile http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eda on Mon May 19, 2008 3:57 pm

I agree with Tracker too. Kelvin could have done better if he really wanted Desmond to stop pushing the button.
eda
Others

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz on Mon May 19, 2008 4:28 pm

Good points all. I still believe that the Losties (or at least some of them) were manoeuvred onto the plane. And it is possible that living in such close proximity to Des for 3 years Kelvin knew exactly how to play him and was fairly sure he could pull it off. He could have had a plan B which was simply to knock Des out had he not taken the bait. Iím not 100% behind this theory btw just trying to see some alternatives.
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet on Mon May 19, 2008 5:10 pm

We've discussed this, so you know I like it. It does at least attempt to ratify highly improbable things - a plane flying off-course coincidentally at the moment the button didn't get pushed, resulting in a crash where the majority of the survivors had lives that crossed over previously, and where one of them one the lottery using the same numbers the code for the button requires! - and so whilst the arguments of improbability against Inman ensuring Desmond did what he did are unlikely, they are nowhere near as unlikely as the idea Inman didn't engineer the incident to ensure the timing was right.

Let's not forget that Frank Lapidus was supposed to be the pilot that day, and Seth Norris stepped in for him. . .
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.

Character sheet
Name: Jack

View user profile http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup on Mon May 19, 2008 5:54 pm

Well, its either your theory (which I tend to agree with)Lojozz,in which case Widmore is a master strategist(like Ben),because it all seems to lead back to him imo..or you can put it all down to destiny,fate and synchronicity.
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz on Mon May 19, 2008 6:00 pm

wtf I always put it down to synchronicity etc but of late it seems that TPTB are steering away from that and suggesting more of a set up. Regardless I'm fairly convinced Widmore is a master strategist, Ben just happened to get one over on him. Or perhaps he became too comfortable and complacent. Perhaps he was supposed to hand control of the island over to Ben in much the same way Ben seems to be handing over to Locke.
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Tue May 20, 2008 8:13 pm

This was in an old post that i put on LT.com

The Hanso Foundation was creating high tech piloting technology for Oceanic Airlines. This technology was called Artificial Intelligence Piloting System (AIPS). (see Hansoair.org). They claim that is was never used, but what if it was? In trying to solve the mystery behind the plane crash, the Hanso Foundation and authorities blamed a severe storm with unusual electo-magnetic readings. Lets say that the mentioned storm did knock out multiple flight electronics and confused mainland tracking systems, however this was planned. When all of the systems went out, the new AIPS kicked on and led the plane to the island. The plane did arrive at the same exact time that the button should have been pressed. What if the system failure was planned to suck the plane in. * Just occurred to me. The producers have said that there was a clue in the beginning that we all missed and I have heard that the clue was the name of the episode itself. What if it was, but not because of the pilot that dies, but because of the one that actually got them to the island.*
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman on Wed May 21, 2008 6:43 pm

I like it!

But ths just my opinion which is of no consequence at all.
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz on Wed May 21, 2008 8:07 pm

Stickman your opion is always welcome.