Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They're going to "torch" the Island - EP 12

+7
TheHolyStickman
Hope
AlexT
smokeyben
vincentthedog
SunburnedPenguin
tracker
11 posters

Go down

They're going to "torch" the Island - EP 12 Empty They're going to "torch" the Island - EP 12

Post by tracker Fri May 16, 2008 3:45 pm

I found the term "torch" to be an interesting word. They've used it several times to describe the destruction Keamy's team will cause. What exactly does it mean?. I picture a totally devestated, burnt out island.

Daniel was adamant when he told Charlotte, they have to get off the island....NOW or we'll all be dead. He didn't say "hide". He infers knowledge of total destruction after looking at his notes when hearing the term "Orchid". (looks like someone from the past told him something he wrote down, but that's a subject for a second post)

I think Keamy has a plan that will totally destroy the island. Something you can't hide from, something no cave can protect you from. What type off weapon can do this?

Is it viral, nuclear or something even more sinister?

Last edited by tracker on Fri May 16, 2008 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
tracker
tracker
Others

Number of posts : 237
Humor : Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.......Archie Bunker
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

They're going to "torch" the Island - EP 12 Empty Re: They're going to "torch" the Island - EP 12

Post by SunburnedPenguin Fri May 16, 2008 3:56 pm

What if Keamy and co know what the Orchid can do, and are attempting to move it themselves...to a time/place that suits their own needs and will maybe not kill everyone on the island, but make it visible (light it up to the world, like a torch) eventually leading to the death of everyone on the island?
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

They're going to "torch" the Island - EP 12 Empty Re: They're going to "torch" the Island - EP 12

Post by tracker Fri May 16, 2008 4:07 pm

SunburnedPenguin wrote:What if Keamy and co know what the Orchid can do, and are attempting to move it themselves...to a time/place that suits their own needs and will maybe not kill everyone on the island, but make it visible (light it up to the world, like a torch) eventually leading to the death of everyone on the island?

Maybe you're right and Keamy moving the island will cause it to be "torched". Ben said the consequences of moving the island were unknown and could be dangerous. It should be done only as a last resort.
tracker
tracker
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Fri May 16, 2008 4:55 pm

tourched it almost seems biblical. I personally think Kreamy`s device is something he can use to controll smokey to either hold him at bay while tourching or to do the dirty work for him.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by smokeyben Fri May 16, 2008 6:23 pm

But if there is any control on smokey, Ben has it (remember, inside his "secret room").
I think has to be something like the The Purge... with a quemical gas that kills every living thing.
smokeyben
smokeyben
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 8
Location : Washington, DC. Caracas, Venezuela. Zaragoza, Spain. Membata, Indonesia.
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Fri May 16, 2008 6:35 pm

I`m just saying the device on kreamys arm its a sound amplifier I think so if it dosn`t contoll smokey it must at least keep him at bay so kreamy can do bad things.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 pm

hmmm I find it hard to believe someone like Keamy would go back to the island without some kind of protection against Smokie, having already lost men to him, so you could be on to something vincent, however it does seem the bomb scenario is the most likely at the moment scratch
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smokeyben Fri May 16, 2008 6:50 pm

I have to disagree... i think Keamy´s arm devise is a "dead man switch" that controls if he is alive, this is connected directly to the explosives at the Freighter. If he die, everybody die.

And why Keamy want´s to move the island?
I agree with you guys.
maybe the same procces that allows they to move it is so dangerous that can be use as a weapon.
smokeyben
smokeyben
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 8
Location : Washington, DC. Caracas, Venezuela. Zaragoza, Spain. Membata, Indonesia.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexT Fri May 16, 2008 10:26 pm

smokeyben wrote:I have to disagree... i think Keamy´s arm devise is a "dead man switch" that controls if he is alive, this is connected directly to the explosives at the Freighter. If he die, everybody die.

And why Keamy want´s to move the island?
I agree with you guys.
maybe the same procces that allows they to move it is so dangerous that can be use as a weapon.

i agrre with your point about the device on Keamy's arm.
AlexT
AlexT
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Sat May 17, 2008 12:15 am

I agree its an insurance policy so to speak. If I can't survive, no one else will either
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by tracker Sun May 18, 2008 5:20 am

Egon: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Venkman: What?
Egon: Don't cross the streams.
Venkman: Why?
Egon: It would be bad.
Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing. Whattya mean "bad?"
Egon: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Ray: Total protonic reversal....
Venkman: Right, that's bad...OK.. important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

I could spend all night pulling lines from GhostBusters
tracker
tracker
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sat May 24, 2008 10:41 am

Presumabley they dont want the island to be unusable. So theyre not going to completley destroy it (bomb ect). They also want the island to remain secret. I dont think that Keamy would want the island to be found, as he seems very loyal to Widmore and as stated by him in his conversation with Ben. "That island was mine once and it will be again". So I think that narrows down the choices slightly. They wouldnt just set alite the island or else Daniel wouldnt have been worried, they could stay on the beach where there was no chance of being burned. And finally I dont think they'd use toxic gas again. 1) They used it before and the lost writters would want to be very creative. 2) Bens supply of toxic gas was netrulised.

So there, that was long enough to be its own theory. Theres not many things they could do to kill everyone on the island.

TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobajam Mon May 26, 2008 9:58 pm

I think it might just be big boy army talk for blowing stuff up, ie. what they did to the barracks.

They certainly gave us enough glimpses of heavy artillery and rocket launchers going onto the chopper.

The plan was probably to destroy as much as possible, cause enough death and devastation to avenge what happened with smokie previously and to make Ben surrender. But now he's handed himself over so hopefully the torching won't be required?

We shall see ...

Oh, and I totally agree with the dead man switch on his arm deal

"I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts"
jimbobajam
jimbobajam
Tailie

Number of posts : 18
Humor : Are you my caucasian?
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Tue May 27, 2008 2:03 am

Based on Keamy's military background, I tend to take him literally about "torching" the island. Possibly as simple as 'Nam-style Napalm.

However, he does know some of the inner workings of the Island, at least the existence of the Orchid, so maybe he has something more devious up his sleeve. I doubt it'll be any use of the Orchid, though. His reference to it was simply that he knew that's where Linus would go.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Tue May 27, 2008 2:41 pm

So here's what was said, from Lostpedia

KEAMY: It's the secondary protocol.

GAULT: What does it say?

KEAMY: Says where Linus is going.

GAULT: How would Mr. Widmore know that?

KEAMY: 'Cause he's a very smart man, and if Linus knows that we're gonna torch the Island, there's only one place that he can go.

GAULT: What do you mean, "torch the Island"? That was not the agreement. I agreed to ferry you here for an extraction mission.

So torching the isalnd is purley to send Ben to the Orchid where he can be captured.

Also agree that the thing on his arm will blow the freighter if he dies. If it has anything to do with smokey why would he have said to Gault 'I wouldn't do that'?
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Tue May 27, 2008 2:54 pm

THS makes good points that, whatever "torch the Island" means even if it does go ahead the Island needs to be left in a usable condition.

Widmore wants the Island back. He doesn't want a charred husk.

Although I can't imagination it means anything other than mass destruction, unless there's a way to totally destory the Island and leave no safe place (other than The Orchid) and still keep the Island usable. . . Well, maybe it means blasting the place with radiatian all over or something.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Wed May 28, 2008 1:01 am

Yeah Radition. Um ... no not that ... hmm... I actually cant tie this to any Radiohead title. Well Radition - Radiohead they sound simmilar.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down