Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap.

+9
dabiatchishere
wtfsignmeup
SunburnedPenguin
Annie79
Irocz28
blonde
AngeloComet
TheHolyStickman
vincentthedog
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap. Empty Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap.

Post by vincentthedog Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:04 pm

***Warning this has nothing to do with Lost and is a waste of your time***

So yes with a nudge from Blonde and a few of my Lost friends I am teling you all about my birthday date.
It was this Saturday and with a girl I dated a bit last summer, main reason it didn`t work the first time is the age differance and I`m sure it wil be our undoing again. The thing is there are only a hand full of women in my life that I have felt true passion for and she is one of them. So on to the date , I picked her up at six and she came to the door with an extremly short but still elegent black dress. Fair skin, bright blonde hair and percing blue eyes, I started to melt as I moved towards her for the awkward cheek kiss, half hug collide. I walked her to the car opened the door for her then took off towards the resturant.
Funny how things turn out, I wanted to go to my favorite steak house but we thought we would try something different so we drove almost an hour to a fancy foundue resturant that was beautiful, romantic and booked solid for over two hours. Back in the car for over an hour to the steak house, Japan style were they cook the food at your table. It was fun but the portions were smaller then before and my steak was cooked awful. Great show and good company made dinner fun anyway( as did the bottle of red). No desert but green tea ice ceam so we head out to The Cheese Cake factory which is a resturant but they have great cheese cake. A martini or two and conversation gets deeper. When we dated last year it was pure passion this time we figure to get to no each other. Alas she may not be the one for me, not only does she not like Lost but we share very little in common. For those reading this in hopes of some fantastic sexual payoff ( Solarchap) I`m affraid I will have to dissapoint you. I did not go home with her... but if you have ever seen the movie The Chase with Charlie Sheen and Cristy Swanson you can understand when I tell you it was a great car ride home.

Thats enough of my personal life sorry if this board or bothered anyone.
Lost and single Vincentthedog.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap. Empty Re: Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap.

Post by TheHolyStickman Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:23 pm

When you said that it would be continued in Families and Relationships I thought you were kidding.

vincentthedog wrote:No desert but green tea ice ceam so we head out to The Cheese Cake factory which is a resturant but they have great cheese cake.

I'm still drooling over that cheese cake factory.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap. Empty Re: Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap.

Post by vincentthedog Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:35 pm

Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap. Menu_Cheesecake_GodivaChocolate
I`ll have to send you some for your birthday HSM.
Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap. Spacer

Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap. SpacerSteak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap. Spacer
Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap. Menu_pagebottom_transition3
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:40 pm

You didn't book!?

Look, I'm hardly a Casanova. I've been out of the singles game for five years, but even a dumbass like me knows if you're taking a girl out for a meal you gotta book. You gotta have a "res".

The good thing about being a guy is that most girls have low expectations of us. They think we're morons. We don't know what the hell is going on when it comes to them. That's what they think. (They confuse "not knowing" with "not caring"!) But the plus side to this is that you only have to make the smallest gestures to impress them.

Open a door for them. Tell them they look nice. Make some remark about how they're not appreciated by their peers. Book a table beforehand. Listen to what they have to say (or, at least, don't talk over them - and for God's sake just agree). You basically behave passively and coolly and, hey, you'll be 'in'.

But like I said, I'm no Casanova. . .

Cool
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blonde Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:00 am

Vin...you shoulda booked. We like that. With that being said, a non-book/long drive/great-place-turned-bad should be a perfect date with lot's to talk and laugh about if you were with the right girl. I cracked-up when I read this. If she wasn't laughing with you at the evenings chaos & you didn't feel comfortable using your wit & humor to convert chaos to charm, I am going to suggest you are not a match with piercing blue eyes. So what's the verdict? Another date? I say try something easy & fun. Less pressure on you... Or find someone who wan make lemon martini's when life gives them lemons. cheers
blonde
blonde
Others

Number of posts : 437
Humor : +1

Character sheet
Name: Tallulah-Raye

Back to top Go down

Post by blonde Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:02 am

the again..you did get a little action after forgetting to book. LOL
blonde
blonde
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:54 am

Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap. SpacerSteak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap. Spacer
Steak-out & make-out to quote Solarchap. Menu_pagebottom_transition3

Give me the address I'll be there in ten minutes. I love you I love you

Ok, I'm starting to think that it's a little strang that I 'm more interested in the cheesecake than the girl. Very Happy

TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:45 am

Thanks for the tips AC. I usally am very thoughtful you now for a guy but I just didn`t think I would need a res on a Saturday night in a busy location at a hot new place.
Embarassed
Blonde we did laugh lots so I wasn`t a total bone head. I just don`t see us becoming a couple.
cheers

Stickman stay with the cheesecake its cheaper and last longer than many relationships.
pale
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by blonde Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:24 am

Blonde we did laugh lots so I wasn`t a total bone head. I just don`t see us becoming a couple.
cheers
Don't think you are a bone head...think you are too good for her. Mad
blonde
blonde
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:15 am

vincentthedog wrote:Fair skin, bright blonde hair and percing blue eyes

Ok, thats all I needed to hear. And yes, I am that shallow.

Say Vinnie old buddy old pal, if things aren't going to work out between you two, what do you say you throw in a good word for me? Very Happy
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie79 Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:27 am

Vinnie, sorry the steakhouse didn't work out for you, it's usually really good. Now, I'm craving Godiva chocolate cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory!!!!

Sorry about the date, but actually, other than her not liking Lost, it didn't sound all that bad. If it's meant to be, it will happen, if not then you're far better off without her. Trust me!! There is someone wonderful out there for you! queen
Annie79
Annie79
Others

Number of posts : 108
Humor : Any kind, at this point!!
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:29 pm

I suspect you really wanted to know if it could have worked with her in the past, and this date had some very high expectations for you. This may be the only reason you feel it wont work this time.....because you expected fireworks and they didnt quite happen.

Give it a few days and call her and ask her out again, shed the high expectations and take it for what it is and you may be pleasantly surprised!
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Im with SP on this.Maybe a second date is a good idea.And as Blonde said, go with something fun and low pressure.
She sounds nice.(but then again,I never saw 'The Chase') Shocked
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:46 pm

I can not fully explai the scene in The Chase that I am refering to WTF as I would not want to take my friend the Stickmans mind off cheesecake. It`s not a horrible rent for a 90`s movie. I will say it makes for a difficult drive.
SunnyP I think your right I`m always reminding myself to live in the momment and not worry for the past or future.
Blonde and Annie thank you for the kind words. Irocz if this weekend dosn`t work out I would be happy to send her on a road trip to PA.
No
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dabiatchishere Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:29 am

OMG Vinnie! Road trip to PA! LMAO! That's not very nice, now is it?

I think you've received some very good advice about 'your expectations' of the date. Give yourself another chance. I feel you were being far too hard on yourself, and placing so much pressure on yourself, you didn't enjoy it.

If she agrees to go out again, I think it's a foregone conclusion that she likes you. Lighten it up and do something silly or fun for your next date!
dabiatchishere
dabiatchishere
Others

Number of posts : 119
Humor : Outrageous!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:44 pm

still sounds like more fun than i ever had on a date. Neutral
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by dabiatchishere Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:54 pm

Lateralus wrote:still sounds like more fun than i ever had on a date. Neutral

lol! You need to get out more!
dabiatchishere
dabiatchishere
Others

Number of posts : 119
Humor : Outrageous!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamballa Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:29 pm

Vincent, you had me at "Cheesecake Factory"...

I went there about a month ago with my Aunt and Uncle. I ordered the Kobe Beef Burger and had the

COCONUT CHOCOLATE CREAM

Coconut Cheesecake with
Chunks of Chocolate, Topped with Layers of Coconut Custard and Whipped
Cream all on top of a Chocolate Macaroon Crust

You could have killed me then and I'd have died a happy man! It was truly a slice of heaven.

My Uncle took full advantage of the situation and ordered plain cheesecake for dinner and pistachio cheesecake for dessert.

Side note: I wouldn't be surprised if the Cheesecake Factory holds the world record for the biggest menu selection - too many choices!

Anywho - Good luck Mac Daddy.
Shamballa
Shamballa

Number of posts : 621
Humor : Only on Tuesdays

Character sheet
Name: Mat Deade

http://shamballa108.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Thanks Shamballa! Great choices at the Factory.
My favorite meal is the Ranchhouse burger and the brownie sunday cheesecake.
Great I just had lunch and I`m hungry again.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by solarchap Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Vincent, every man has James Bond inside of him (err not figuratively speaking but metaphorically!) and it's just a case of shaking it with out being stirred.

Yes I am disappointed that you didn't get to swap DNA!.... BUT! I also read this:

there are only a hand full of women in my life that I have felt true passion for and she is one of them

even I can't argue about this, if that is the way you feel about her then I commend your gentlemanless, but then I read this:

she came to the door with an extremly short but still elegent black dress. Fair skin, bright blonde hair and percing blue eyes, I started to melt

and I thought HUBBA HUBBA!
also where I was reading your date-story with such excitement, i sped-read it too quick and caught:

the portions were smaller then before

and was horrified that that might have been what your date was saying ging-gang-goolie wise! lucklily I read it agin, properly & I breathed a sigh of relief! Laughing

the cheese-cake factory sounds like heaven, I am a confirmed chocaholic and I saw some things on that menu you posted that made my mouth water like Homer simpson.

I went on my speed-dating event on wednesday night, i met 23 women in 2 hours, i ticked 22 of their boxes and i got 7 ticks! This is what happens when you get drunk before you have got to the second half.

I have had more knockbacks in my life than most men who ever lived, it's what drives me to constantly engage the fairer sex, I have been slapped, sworn at and even threatened (my one-liners don't always make them smile haha) but it never puts me off, ever.

I worked out a long long time ago that I am destined to be permanently single, therefore it is nothing but pragmatic for me to use my singlen-ness to the max, hence the dirty-flirty you see before you today.

I would say though, if you can find a lady who you are passionate about and that the feeling is mutual, then you are a lucky guy my man, but I also say trust your instinct, and you seem to already know here she is not the one for you, which means, pragmatism must go out the window and you need to get her back on the phone and simply tell her you both tried the 'meaningful' thing, it didn't happen, so you both need to concentrate on the ONE thing you do have in common.....your bodies, designed by nature for fun, so why not play with them!? guilt-free-meaningless-relations can be great, & you can always make her a cup of tea afterwards if you want to impart some meaning somewhere.

Please keep me informed on any progress!!
solarchap
solarchap
Others

Number of posts : 263
Humor : Lots

Character sheet
Name: Dirk Diggler

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:09 pm

Oh Solarchap the vocie of reason. I would be proud to be your "wing man" any day!
We are going out tommorrow, either to spend the day at six flags amusment park and or out for dinner. I wll keep you informed, actually check your pm as I can`t say what I`m thinking.
My portions are just fine thank you very much.
lol!
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:00 pm

Ooooh Six Flags, cool. geek Tell us about how cool the Superman ride was.

"If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be."
- Wayne Campbell
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by blonde Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:40 am

oh dear...here we go again.
blonde
blonde
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:41 pm

Solar, who would have thought you'd be the one to come through with the dating pearls of wisdon Very Happy But I agree, mutual passion's a lot more important to a relationship than a mutual love of Lost.
Unless you're MollyCocktail and CagedFaraday...but how many couples(apart from them) get naked and lather dharma ranch dressing on themselves and do the hokey pokey before each Lost episode airs?
The rest of us have to find love outside of the Lost universe, so good luck Vincent. If passion is there, honestly, I think its worth pursuing.
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:26 am

Well, I'd give dating advice... but I just don't think our brand of romance works for much of the rest of the world. Molly's quite the special catch, and I'm quite lucky to have met her.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next