Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5.1 "Incidentals" by JWLost

+2
nino_1
JWLost
6 posters

Go down

5.1 "Incidentals" by JWLost Empty 5.1 "Incidentals" by JWLost

Post by JWLost Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:41 pm

Reader,

Hello, and welcome to Season 5 of JwLost's Fan Fiction version of Lost! This is the premier episode on LOSTIES new Fan Fiction thread and I hope everyone enjoys! A lot of work and a lot of research went into the fictional season and everything you read is based on all the real happenings of the show. In this season you will see familiar faces, not so familiar face (but familiar names) and some new characters. Old mysteries will be solved, new ones will be posed and the big ones will be built upon. So, strap on your reading glasses because Season 5 is going to take you back and forth from the island and fill you in a bit on what Dharma is all about, what those Losties on the island are now facing and the struggle of the 06 and friends to get back to the island!

Notes: It was intended to post the actual episode on each thread, however, due to the low amount of characters that can be placed on a single thread, the episode would have to be broken down into about 7 parts. Each episode is long enough to be a full hour long so there is a lot of text. When we move to the new forum, all episodes will be posted in full on the new LOSTIE site. Until then, you will be redirected to Scribd where you can read it, then come back and comment your hearts out! I wanted to add this section of the site to incorporate your ideas into future episodes!

Synopsis of 5.1: This episode starts out with an answer to one of the biggest Dharma questions around. The episode focuses somewhere towards middle of the 06's attempt to get back to the island and they need to incorporate some old friends. Some surprising faces from the past return for the premier episode and some new faces are introduced.

LINK to SCRIBD: http://www.scribd.com/doc/4767947/51-Incidentals (Remember! Get back here and comment!)
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Number of posts : 388
Humor : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Character sheet
Name: Lee

Back to top Go down

5.1 "Incidentals" by JWLost Empty Re: 5.1 "Incidentals" by JWLost

Post by nino_1 Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:08 pm

great job JW you sir are not wasting time. keep up the good work
nino_1
nino_1
Others

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: REX

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:12 pm

LoL, thanks! I do what I have to do when I have to do it! I hope you enjoy it!
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokette Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:12 pm

Ok, just finished 5.1. I was dubious, but wow, it was like watching an episode of LOST!!! Although, I suppose I'll be disappointed if the REAL season 5 isn't as good...
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Number of posts : 165
Humor : Dry. Very Dry.
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:32 pm

I think I might have made a comment about this episode on one of the places you posted this. . .? Can't remember.

I do recall thinking that Widmore was a bizarre choice of focus character, and not addressing where the Island had gone to was the kind of delay I sincerely hope the real show doesn't pull! But you made that up at the end, so all is well!

From the off, however, it's clear this is a writing project designed a hell of a lot more with the Lost fan in mind rather than the casual viewer. Obscure characters coming to the fore (an element that carries over into the next episode, I noted) and mythological plots about the Swan Station all take their place.

That's not a criticism, you understand. Just an observation. The Lost Fan is evidently the crowd you are playing to here - if you find yourself writing and getting stuck, just remember that point; I have a feeling knowing your audience is a hard-core, knowledgeable Lost fan will help you along if you feel you're losing your way.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Just out of curiosity, what obscure characters are you talking about? If you are referring to Casey, it isn't a big deal, I just needed a Dharma worker and in the previously I have her along with Horace greeting Ben and his father from TMBTC in S3. If you are referring to Christine that isn't a must know either because she is from an alternate source. She is more or less just a new character with some Widmore connections, but she becomes a big part of the Lost mythology.
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:15 am

I meant Widmore! Not obscure to us Lost fans, sure, but out of 80 or so episodes he's featured in. . . about. . . five total? In brief scenes, too.

Now he's got his own episode! That's a heck of an upgrade. And Cindy, for the next episode, I would categorise in the same boat.

As I have said, this is not an outright criticism. You're writing a FAN-fiction, and so can get away with it - but I thought it was an intriguing couple of decisions.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

I have a distinct feeling that the writers are going to give Cindy her own episode... mark my words. I can honestly see my choices being done in the real S5... think of it like this, Miles, Charlotte, Daniel and Frank all got their own episode after appearing once before that...

Ha, no I see what your saying and maybe I should have had Cindy in a few more before giving her an episode... but yeah, you're right. Anything goes with Fan Fiction.... but I still think it would slide in the real deal.
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 am

Wow so many views and replies already! Im very glad you found us and agreed to post these. They are just as gripping as the real thing and you write beautifully. Off to read 5.6......
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:58 am

Thank ya and yes, I am pretty happy that it is doing this well! Anything to tide us over until the real deal, eh? Thank you again for putting up this new section!

Everyone, I will try to reply to your comments as quickly as possible! I really enjoy reading what you have to say, no matter if it's good or bad...
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MlleBeausoleil Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:23 pm

Hey JW!

Just had my first read! Just want you to know that I'm really enjoying the ride, thank you for all your hard work!

Now on to 5.2!
MlleBeausoleil
MlleBeausoleil
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:24 pm

Nice! a new reader, excellent! MlleB, thank you! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did writing them! Keep on truckin' though and let me know what you think when you're done!
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:05 am

This topic has now been moved to the new forum, and will be closed Smile