Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're the good guys (copied from old forum)

2 posters

Go down

We're the good guys (copied from old forum) Empty We're the good guys (copied from old forum)

Post by SunburnedPenguin Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Posted: 13 Apr 2008 10:40 pm
lonewolf wrote:
ben v whidmore v the losties.....

as in who r the best canditates for the moral centre of all thats gone...in a black and white, good guy bad guy scenario....

my guess is its maybe ben because whidmore has been shown to be a bit of a nasty piece of work....but thats not based on much....ever wondered if hes a good guy....certainly bought up his daughter well.....
or should the island belong to whoever its destined to....locke maybe....

and are the crew of the freighter anything to do with whidmore.....have we seen any tangible connections between naomi and co and whidmore....?

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2008 11:04 pm

Interesting question.

The others have always seemed pretty sure that they are the good guys. They seem to be able to justify murder to themselves based on who they believe to be good/evil or innocent/guilty. Like they have a God Complex or something.

The Losties all seem to be pretty good people, who have made some bad judgement calls in the past and have trouble justifying their mistakes to themselves.

Widmore and Co. are a bit more of an unknown entity at present, so although it seems like they are the bad guys....i'm not 100% convinced. Im guessing we will know more about their motives by the end of season 4.

Something tells me that we are going to see Ben and the others joining forces with the Losties against Widmore, "enemy of my enemy" and all that Smile

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2008 11:55 pm

ozzig wrote:
Anyone can make mistakes and do a bad deed or two, but I think to determine whether or not someone is truly bad, conscience has to come into play. Most of the Losties seem to have one, as do some of the others like Juliet, Alex, Karl. But Ben and many of those who just follow orders, it seems like no conscience is there at all, every misdeed is rationalized away, or after having first manipulated others to do the bad deeds. (In that respect I think Locke proved himself to be an "other" through and through)

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2008 12:14 am

Think your dead right there. He always blames things on "fate" or "this wasnt supposed to happen", and fails to take responsibility for his actions. He constantly looks externally for justification for his own bad choices. Ben has a slightly different angle....he thinks he needs no justification...but I think they are both as bad as eachother.
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

We're the good guys (copied from old forum) Empty Re: We're the good guys (copied from old forum)

Post by Ozzig Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:28 pm

I used to think of Ben as an evil evil man! Especially after that "you're mine" incident with Juliet. I never would have thoguht anything could sway me from that opinion. But after last nights episode

Wait, this might be a SPOILER to those in UK who haven't seen the latest episode yet, so SPOILER ALERT and I'll say as little as possible..

After last nights ep, Ben has a heart after all. I see him now as a gray person. Still a manipulative little creep, but with a bigger plan behind his manipulations. And his personal flaws perhaps a result of his own hearbreak in the past.

So no more evil evil man! Now he's just a very strange man.

Ozzig
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

We're the good guys (copied from old forum) Empty Re: We're the good guys (copied from old forum)

Post by SunburnedPenguin Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:07 pm

It is aired in the UK on sunday night but we finished watching it 10 mins ago....and have been repeating WTF??? since then Laughing

Im with you, I think we saw some real emotion from Ben for the first time, and it definitely showed him as much more indepth character than before!

Rat eyes FTW!!!!
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down