Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you choose your username?

+29
theggsnake
bananas
Irocz28
Lost_Dbutz
Caged_Faraday
MyStarbuckHatesLost
Lateralus
solarchap
SmokinMonster
vincentthedog
Alaina
AngeloComet
Lojozz
So_Lost
l337Jacqui
TheHolyStickman
Shamballa
katesawjack
Fate
SamiLost
SomeArztOnYou
Obscure
StitchExp626
mamacass
puchita
lonewolf
chirpey1987
wtfsignmeup
SunburnedPenguin
33 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you choose your username?

Post by TheHolyStickman Mon May 19, 2008 12:12 am

Oh KSJ I always though it was that Kate saw(as in looked at) Jack
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you choose your username?

Post by So_Lost Mon May 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Stickman - that's what I thought, too, especially since one (or more?) of KSJ's avatars is Kate looking at Jack!

Mine has a pretty straight-forward, double-meaning.
1. I am really into the show;
2. I am always completely lost when theorizing about the show. Hence, my quote from tr41c(Todd).

Thanks for starting this thread...we need to get AC and Lojozz over to this one because I am dying to know their origins.

Stitch - what about the Exp26 part?
Jacqui - that "leet speak" or whatever it is called looks insanely time-consuming. Although, your brain is 10 years younger than mine, so maybe it is just my age!
So_Lost
So_Lost
Lostie

Number of posts : 73
Humor : My Crazy Kids
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Mon May 19, 2008 9:57 pm

Well Lojozz is pretty simple/dull really. It is an ID I used for playing online poker. My name is Lozz (Short for Lawrence) and the site wouldn't let me have that. My middle name is Joseph, I think you can work it out from there!
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Mon May 19, 2008 10:00 pm

So_Lost wrote:Jacqui - that "leet speak" or whatever it is called looks insanely time-consuming. Although, your brain is 10 years younger than mine, so maybe it is just my age!

Hahaha...It's time consuming at first, but you get used to it and it goes much quicker Very Happy
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Mon May 19, 2008 10:24 pm

Oh hell. . . . Right.

Bear with me.

AngeloComet was created from the following wonder of geek-logic.

First came a game. Final Fantasy VIII.

How did you choose your username? - Page 2 5878

That's the box cover, and that girl in the middle is called Rinoa. In the game, Rinoa has a dog.

How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Th_angeloshot

That's Rinoa, with her dog. Her dog's name is Angelo.

I named myself after a dog in the grand tradition of one of my other heroes being named after a dog. . .

How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Indiana_jones_temple_of_doom

So, I had the name Angelo and needed to then suffix it with something to make it sound cooler. So I looked back to Final Fantasy, this time to the previous game, Final Fantasy 7.

How did you choose your username? - Page 2 FFVII_Logo

The large icon behind the title is, ah, actually known as METEOR. However, AngeloMeteor didn't sound quite so cool. So I went with Comet instead. (Comet is actually the name of a spell in the FFVIII game, so I wasn't going completely off track.)

So there it was/is. AngeloComet. Now you know.

You're just thrilled, I can tell.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Tue May 20, 2008 12:11 am

It is a short version of my normal username Alainamoon
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Tue May 20, 2008 1:22 am

I was scottythedog on LT because Vincent was taken, Scotties my yorkie terrier. I thought vincent was cool.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Tue May 20, 2008 1:34 am

Actually both definitions are right as , I didn't like the sound of katesawyerjack...So
How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Misunderstood
SAW

How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Jack

Jacqui, I know that small L can cause a problem in reading it correctly, I have one at the beginning of my email address,and it is mistook as a number 1 often. Rolling Eyes
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinMonster Tue May 20, 2008 1:39 am

I chose my name cos I am a great big Smokin Monster!
SmokinMonster
SmokinMonster
Lostie

Number of posts : 61
Humor : Lavatorial
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Tue May 20, 2008 2:45 am

SmokinMonster wrote:I chose my name cos I am a great big Smokin Monster!

Are you a monster who emits/is made of smoke, or a monster with a nicotine addiction?
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 800
Humor : Dry

Character sheet
Name: Otto Hanren

http://www.myspace.com/lawnmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by So_Lost Tue May 20, 2008 6:36 am

Lojozz - That reminds me of one of the characters from one of my all-time favorite movies - The Full Monty. I think his name was Gary (?), but they shortened it to Gaz or Gazzer, I think. It took me forever to figure that out. They had really heavy accents, though.

So Gary=Gaz and Lawrence=Lozz

I feel so...cultured.

AC-you are a nerd! I mean that in a kind way, of course. I am a huge nerd, too. A band-geek, if you really want to know. That's not band as in cool, rock band. No, that is band as in my husband and I met in college marching band. And we are still playing our instruments 15 years later. No pun intended! Embarassed
So_Lost
So_Lost
Lostie

Number of posts : 73
Humor : My Crazy Kids
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Tue May 20, 2008 6:43 am

katesawjack wrote:Jacqui, I know that small L can cause a problem in reading it correctly, I have one at the beginning of my email address,and it is mistook as a number 1 often. Rolling Eyes

Haha yep. When I need to make sure people get it, I have to put L337Jacqui haha
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by solarchap Tue May 20, 2008 6:23 pm

AC! I thought you were like Edmund Halley or something and wanted to be named after a space snowball! The truth is far more interesting...it's like a digression inside an excursion all wrapped up in a diversion!! excellent!

lojozz - I always thought you were a small bloke called joseph who liked a bit of a kip, now I know differently!

Wtf - i love yours... your incredulity verbalised at a non-sentient-entity (the website) becomes your digital handle! LOL!

Solarchap is a name given to me by an old flame after I slept in a greenhouse!
I would say she was referring to my subluminal superhero type status, and I am sure you can all identify and accept a hero who charges up his special powers in his palace of glass!

However she would tell you that I was a drunken fool who got badly sunburned that day!

I have also slept in a skip in East-London and I once ripped a world-map off the wall to use as a makeshift sleeping-bag, but I didn't feel that Skipchap or Mapchap really did it for me.

Fivestades, jukin and Lost-dbutz, how did you choose yours?
solarchap
solarchap
Others

Number of posts : 263
Humor : Lots

Character sheet
Name: Dirk Diggler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Tue May 20, 2008 6:38 pm

So_Lost wrote:Lojozz - That reminds me of one of the characters from one of my all-time favorite movies - The Full Monty. I think his name was Gary (?), but they shortened it to Gaz or Gazzer, I think. It took me forever to figure that out. They had really heavy accents, though.

As a youngster I was always called Lozzer
Lojozz
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Tue May 20, 2008 6:46 pm

That's not how it's spelt, LJ.

Try 'loser'.

Cool
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Tue May 20, 2008 6:48 pm

Ah ha ha ha. Good one comet you are hilarious!
Lojozz
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Tue May 20, 2008 6:54 pm

That actually was hilarious and you know it. Begrudgingly, you know it to be true.

lol! < - - - Lojozz
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Tue May 20, 2008 6:58 pm

Yeah it made me smile I admit it!
Lojozz
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Tue May 20, 2008 7:24 pm

Wow Angelo Commet has the coolest name and the best story for it.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Tue May 20, 2008 7:42 pm

The cd was in my field of vision at the time.
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Thu May 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Here is the short version. My wife hates Lost.

Long version. (and I can share this with you all since being online affords a person the chance to be anonymous in a crownd of people)

In High school, my class was reading Melville's Moby Dick and the first officer on that ship was named Starbuck. I commented on that name and someone called ME Starbuck and the name stuck. I moved 500 miles to a new home as a twenty-something and left that name behind...but the name Starbuck even made it onto my diploma so it became semi-official, though nobody where I live now knows about that name.

Flashforward 20+ years. I am a bearded alcoholic...ooops, wrong flash-forward.

I am about to marry my now-wife who looks and sounds a lot like Starbuck on the new Battlestar Galactica series. Someone knick named her that and it also stuck. And, at this point, she didn't know that MY knick name was Starbuck all those years prior.

Less than a week before the big day, the stress and pressure of planning the wedding gets to her and she starts freaking out...I'm beginning to fear that I'm gonna have a runaway bride at this point.

So I dig up my old high school diploma and present it to my stressed-out, tear stained fiance' as a pre-wedding gift. Then she stabbed me with a pen.

No she didn't. She took our shared knick name as a sign that we were meant to be together. after all, what are the odds of two people growing up 500 miles from each other, would wind up in the same place and time and both have the knick name Starbuck?!?! And, being the manly man that I am and not wanting to admit something like this...I kinda felt the same way.

so, if you're still with me.
Wife called Starbuck...
She is My Starbuck
She hattes Lost

Hence MyStarbuckHatesLost.

You have now all earned a nap. You may begin.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Fri May 23, 2008 1:43 am

Wow, Starbuck... of the union of Starbuck and Starbuck... that's a pretty damn cool story. That being said, I wish I had a cool story for mine.

Everywhere else in the internet universe, I'm simply ianscott76, my first and middle names pluse the year I was born. Pretty generic. So when I signed up on L-T, I just wanted something different and unique. Being the raging science nerd I am, 2 things stuck in my mind, the Schroedinger's Cat theory of being simultaniously living and dead (it was not a debunked theory yet) and the time-travelling Polar Bear. I put the 2 together, and it sounded really cool, and really LOST.

Problem... I kept misspelling it every time I went to log in. Sad

So, whe I signed up over here, I decided to keep the big science nerd theme, but incorporated this season's big science nerd Daniel Faraday. One of the great ideas of the real Faraday (Michael) is the Faraday Cage, which I believe applies to the Swan (may it smolder in peace), but I thought Caged Faraday sounded a bit funnier.

I need not explain the underscore, do I? Wink
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Fri May 23, 2008 2:14 am

MSHL!!!! THAT IS SUCH A CUTE STORY!!!! It also made me laugh a bunch too lol Smile
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost_Dbutz Tue May 27, 2008 7:15 pm

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this one, works been getting busy lately...but to answer SC's question:

I usually use the username dbutz, on xbox live and such, because it's a combo of my name. Deater Butler (my odd name) turns into D-Butz. A friend I worked with back in high school called me dbutz. (though I think he meant it as d-butts)

And, since this is my "Lost" identity...born is the name of Lost Dbutz.

Some good stories from everyone else in here too.
Lost_Dbutz
Lost_Dbutz
Lostie

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Wed May 28, 2008 4:00 am

Irocz28

Obviously I Rock, so that is where I got the "Iroc" from..

I also like to sleep so I put a "z" there. I didn't want to stretch the name out with too many zzzzzzzzzz's, so I just put one to illustrate my love for sleeping.

And I will be around 28 years old when Lost ends so I thought that would be a good number to put at the end as it will be the saddest age of my life.

Just kidding. Obviously it is a 1985 Camaro I had. I bought it when I was 16 for $1,000. I built it up. A brand new 350 V-8 crate engine, a stunning new solid black paint job, t-tops built in, brand new interior lining, Flowmaster exhaust,..... and then I sold it last year like an idiot!!!!

Someone I met at a car show offered me a price I just couldn't refuse. I made a very nice profit, but I still miss it a lot. I used the screen name so much I just figured I would keep it.

To be honest, what I really miss the most is smokin' those teenagers in those souped-up, foreign jobs. Nothing beats good ole American sports car muscle.

Last edited by Irocz28 on Wed May 28, 2008 6:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum