Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character changes

3 posters

Go down

Character changes Empty Character changes

Post by SunburnedPenguin Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:24 pm

It seems there is a lot of going from one extreme to the other in Season 4, with people acting very out of character.

Locke:

Locke spent a lot of time living on a commune, and has always seemed to be very liberal. In season 3, when Locke gets together a party to go after Eko, he seems very keen to project himself as the kind of leader who would be open with everyone and allow anyone into his circle. Yet in season 4, we see him become a very secretive, dominant and selective leader. A dictator of sorts.

Jack:

Good old dependable Jack, the unwilling leader. The healer and protector. So why didn't he check Naomi after Locke threw a knife in her back? He didn't even try to see if she was still alive and could be helped. And why did he put a gun to Lockes face and pull the trigger? That's not the Jack we have come to know is it?

Sawyer:

Perhaps its because he finally found the man he has spent his life hunting, but he seems like a bit of a sap lately. Gone is the hardnut, "everyman for himself" attitude to be replaced with a helpful, caring sensitive kind of guy. Odd.

I cant help wondering why we see all these changes in the characters, is it supposed to change our way of thinking...to expect the unexpected from everyone...or has that always been the case?
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Character changes Empty Re: Character changes

Post by So_Lost Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:31 pm

I noticed these changes, too, and for a while I was really wondering whether or not watching Lost was worth the trouble! But now I am trying to embrace the changes, and accept that those characteristics were always there.

I have a feeling that Sawyer, as much as we all like him, has overstayed his welcome. In rewatching a lot of the old seasons, judging them against this kinder, gentler Sawyer, I think that he was probably meant to be killed off a while ago. I think that he became an unexpected hero and heartthrob, and the writers scrambled to try to figure out a way to keep him in the cast as long as possible. I hate to have to say that, but he just isn't the bad boy/rebel/romantic lead that he started out as! Sad
So_Lost
So_Lost
Lostie

Number of posts : 73
Humor : My Crazy Kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzig Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Definitely changes in those 3. Many other characters seem pretty much the same only with more depth, but Locke and Jack seem to have actually changed. Sawyer seems to havenot so much changed exactly, but to have had long-buried qualities brought out of him, much of his previous personality was a self-protective cover-up.

Like So_Lost, I have a bad feeling regarding the possible demise of Sawyer. I also think they have kept his character going mostly due to the popularity of the character. Of course, even if they were to kill Sawyer, he is on the island, and the dead tend to come back in visions and flashbacks. Thus they could have it both ways, kill the character and still keep the female fan-base.

Ozzig
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by So_Lost Tue May 13, 2008 12:40 am

You're right...he will live forever as long as he is on the island!
So_Lost
So_Lost
Lostie

Number of posts : 73
Humor : My Crazy Kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down