Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micheal wont Die, Richard wont age and 2 + 2 = 5

+2
AngeloComet
TheHolyStickman
6 posters

Go down

Micheal wont Die, Richard wont age and 2 + 2 = 5 Empty Micheal wont Die, Richard wont age and 2 + 2 = 5

Post by TheHolyStickman Tue May 20, 2008 11:26 pm

When I was reading a theory on the old site, about how you should keep it simple and how the final answer wont take thrity minutes to explain, I came up with this theory. Since then i've nurtured that idea in my head developed it and forgotten it once or twice. As the title suggests this theory is about the things on the island that just dont make sense. (In my opinion) This answer will not be some elaborate, perfect, beautifully constructed theory, it will be a very short frusterating five word answer.

The Island needs him/her.

Think about it, Richard may have time travelled back to all those places where he couldn't possible have been naturally, but its more likeley that he wont age. The events that are curently happening on the island are probably the most significant in its history. The others vs the freiters involving one of the most wealthiest buisness man in England and Ben Linus - The so called chosen one. And the losties all stuck in the middle. So all the events leading up to the season four finale have cleared the way for a mighty fine two hours. If not now then soon there will be a battle, no a war that will determine the fate of the island. And Richard Alpert will play an important part in this. Same goes for Micheal, he could have died three or four times now.

Micheal wont Die, Richard wont age and 2 + 2 = 5 Meetkevin176

So as much as I love all these beautiful, flowing and believable theories. In the end I think it will just be a case of Locke's classic catch phrase.

"Because the island wants it".

P.S. Sorry for the weak incorperation of a Radiohead song (2 + 2 = 5) But it was the best I could do.

TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Micheal wont Die, Richard wont age and 2 + 2 = 5 Empty Re: Micheal wont Die, Richard wont age and 2 + 2 = 5

Post by AngeloComet Tue May 20, 2008 11:35 pm

I'd agree with the idea that Michael either has

a) a purpose to fulfil, and therefore the Island won't let him die or,

b) The Island doesn't like anyone leaving that has been there already so will not allow them to die unless they are back on the Island. Michael fits this. And Widmore, if he has been on the Island, with the remarks Ben made about how he couldn't murder him, also fit this idea.

"You're so very special. . ."
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Micheal wont Die, Richard wont age and 2 + 2 = 5 Empty Re: Micheal wont Die, Richard wont age and 2 + 2 = 5

Post by eda Tue May 20, 2008 11:39 pm

I like the simplicity of your theory Bear

If the reason why Frank Lapidus was replaced by Seth Norris to fly 815 turns out to be only a coincidence, then we will be able to see things more clearly and your theory will be a lot more plausable.

(I respect Radiohead but Muse is better live tongue )
eda
eda
Others

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Tue May 20, 2008 11:52 pm

Radiohead are amazing live. But Muse are very good.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Wed May 21, 2008 5:24 am

You mentioning the Losties being in the middle reminded me of how I've always wondered why the Others approached them with such hostility from the very beginning. They could of just made friends with one-another. Unless maybe the Others thought maybe the Losties were bad from the beginning (sent by Widmore somehow). Still, their approach was weird.

But then again, we wouldn't have a very interesting show if everyone was nice lol
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Wed May 21, 2008 9:12 am

Yeah I had always thought that was weird too. Maybe the others only except certain people. We have been set up to think that the DHARMA were bad and they couldnt live beside the hostiles. But maybe the DHARMA did nothing wrong and the others just didnt like them.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Wed May 21, 2008 10:29 am

Stickman, I think you're spot on. I think that was the only way the writers can justify The Others not showing up with friendly faces and helping the survivors. There are, as far as they are concerned, good people and bad people, and they are only interested in the good people.

Couple that in with Ben's remarks about how they are murderers, then there is logic behind them keeping their distance from the survivors they didn't want, and snatching the ones they did.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Wed May 21, 2008 8:23 pm

Yeah, good thinking Stickman Smile That does make sense!
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:20 am

It will be interesting to find out what is the relationship between the DI and the 'Hostiles'. It would be cool if we were to get a different view of their relationship.

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost_Dbutz Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:51 pm

The relationship between the hostiles and the DI, not a good one. Now that we know Micheal is dead, maybe he'll be an apparition to Walt in the future. Probably when Walt learns that he is the reincarnation of one of the island's protectors...Abaddon.
Lost_Dbutz
Lost_Dbutz
Lostie

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum