Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting down to it....

+5
AngeloComet
Caged_Faraday
l337Jacqui
Shamballa
SunburnedPenguin
9 posters

Go down

Getting down to it.... Empty Getting down to it....

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sat May 31, 2008 4:21 pm

What if the island didn't just move in time?

Well it would have had to move somewhere else in the world or there would still be a landmass visible - how exactly? That gives me too much of a headache, so what if instead - it moved down. Like Atlantis. There have been many snow-globe themes that have always intrigued me, and led me to believe there was some kind of force field around the island. Well...what if instead it can behave like a submarine and submerge to the bottom of the ocean? It would make more sense than trying to explain how an island just slots into the landscape elsewhere in the world.
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Getting down to it.... Empty Re: Getting down to it....

Post by Shamballa Sat May 31, 2008 4:48 pm

There's no doubt in my mind that it physically moved somewhere. The water where the island was was affected.

I thought it was more of a *poof* than a *glug glug* so I doubt it submerged. More like it was plucked out of today and set in yesterday or tomorrow.
Shamballa
Shamballa

Number of posts : 621
Humor : Only on Tuesdays
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Mat Deade

http://shamballa108.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Sat May 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Getting down to it.... Santa_Rosa

The island picture in the background seems to want to agree with Jax lol... Neutral
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamballa Sat May 31, 2008 6:19 pm

Naw, that's just a white sand beach... tongue

Seriously though... that's interesting.

Y M O E(3?) T U K H 7(L?)

It looks like the dude at the blackboard is doing calculations.
Shamballa
Shamballa

Number of posts : 621
Humor : Only on Tuesdays
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Mat Deade

http://shamballa108.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Sat May 31, 2008 6:26 pm

Hmmm...it says "Met You" just with some letters backwards. But I dunno about the K7H

And is that leonard holding his head in the blue? (behind the guy playing connect 4?)
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sat May 31, 2008 6:38 pm

HAHA the picture agrees with me Very Happy

Those letters are interesting - I notice the only ones that dont look the same when reversed are E, K and 7. Not sure if that matters but perhaps all the other letters are reversed aswell, we just cant see that.
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Sat May 31, 2008 7:28 pm

I think it had to have gone somewhere. If it only went sometime, it would still be there... just older or newer. If you put a penny on your dresser yesterday, if nothing touches it, it's still there today. And how do you put it on your dresser tomorrow? Lever there today. The island wouldn't move if it was only moved it time.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Sat May 31, 2008 7:41 pm

The key to it was frustratingly alluded to in the Orchid Orientation video - right at the moment when it started rewinding! The bunny was apparently going to disappear, when in reality. . .

When in reality what?

I agree, it has to move in space. It may have moved in time, also, but it has to have moved in space. The only way it can have moved in time and not remain available to find is if it has gone to the future - and it has to have moved a few years into the future at least (because Widmore would be able to find it in the 'current' flashforward timeline).

So I go with space. The time part. . . not so bothered about.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Sat May 31, 2008 8:22 pm

"Only fools are enslaved by time and space..." lol Very Happy

l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sat May 31, 2008 11:40 pm

Caged_Faraday wrote:I think it had to have gone somewhere. If it only went sometime, it would still be there... just older or newer. If you put a penny on your dresser yesterday, if nothing touches it, it's still there today. And how do you put it on your dresser tomorrow? Lever there today. The island wouldn't move if it was only moved it time.

That's what I am basing my idea on, because I find it really hard to get my head around the island moving in space, and just popping into existence in another part of the world. How would it fit? What would the effect on the environment be? Would it be guaranteed that no-one would notice a huge island appearing out of no-where?

But if it went down instead...submerged. Perhaps it does have a forcefield that would protect it from the water and the pressure. Maybe The Orchid was an oxygen generating station....why have a greenhouse in the jungle?

CF - Would you know what "Negatively charged exotic matter?" is, as mentioned in the Orientation film? I can only imagine what that could be Very Happy
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Sat May 31, 2008 11:50 pm

SunburnedPenguin wrote:CF - Would you know what "Negatively charged exotic matter?" is, as mentioned in the Orientation film? I can only imagine what that could be Very Happy
Exotic Matter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exotic_matter covers the existance of that which we can't really explain, but must exist, so that everything in the universe has an opposite.

If there's matter, there's antimatter. If there is a particle with a weight of 2 and negative spin, there has to be one with 2 and positive spin, one with -2 and negative spin, and one with -2 and positive spin.

OK, sorry for the subatomic particle physics. But even relativity (everyone knows E=mc^2) has to work for negative numbers. Exotic matter covers the negative "m" necessary to produce a negative "c" (acceleration) with a positive E (energy).

So, with exotic matter on the island, reverse direction relativity is conceivably possible.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:24 am

LOL Faraday, I know what you look like from the "post your pictures" thread, but I still picture you actually as daniel faraday speaking LOL
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:50 am

l337Jacqui wrote:LOL Faraday, I know what you look like from the "post your pictures" thread, but I still picture you actually as daniel faraday speaking LOL

Okay, I thought I was the only one. Seriously, CF, with all your physics help, you play the part well. Plus each of your posts is surrounded by pictures of Daniel. I hear his voice in my head when I read your stuff.

Oh, and getting back to the letters in the background there in the Hurley shot - if you read only the yellow ones, it says "myth."
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 800
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Otto Hanren

http://www.myspace.com/lawnmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:51 am

And the whole thing is an anagram of "mouth key 7." True story.
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 800
Humor : Dry

Character sheet
Name: Otto Hanren

http://www.myspace.com/lawnmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:44 am

The entire is land Is a kind of TARDIS.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS
I have had several discussion with my husband since the show and we have determined the island woks like the TARDIS on Doctor who. It still exist as it always has it has just moved somewhere else in space and time. Just like the TARDIS it existed when and where it is in time and space. The Island disappeared from where it was at in "that time and space" it moved to perhapses a year forward in time or more??

This can also help explain why Richard does not seem to age, if the island has moved before perhaps such as when the Blackrock was in open waters then found it self mysteriously in the middle of and island. Then it might be years earlier but the Others would still look as they always have because of the continuous moving of the island over the years
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:20 am

SomeArztOnYou wrote:
l337Jacqui wrote:LOL Faraday, I know what you look like from the "post your pictures" thread, but I still picture you actually as daniel faraday speaking LOL

Okay, I thought I was the only one. Seriously, CF, with all your physics help, you play the part well. Plus each of your posts is surrounded by pictures of Daniel. I hear his voice in my head when I read your stuff.

Yeah... I... probably do sound similar... only... well, with less... ummm... studdering.

Oh, and if you need further geek imagery... here:
Getting down to it.... N735183634_176787_6131

Yup, Star Trek Convention, July 2007.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:24 am

SomeArztOnYou wrote:And the whole thing is an anagram of "mouth key 7." True story.
No... it's "7 ukye moth" It's obviously a reference to the 7th groupie (Ukye) in the episode "Moth".

Go ahead, rewatch it. Not only will you discover I'm full of it, but you'll have waited 42 minutes of your life.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Veefre Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:35 am

An island that size submerging into the ocean would have resulted in a huge tsunami, which of course would have wrecked devastation on distant shorelines and would also have been detected and tracked.

So, no, as improbable as it seems, the Island moved into another dimension, at least temporarily. Dimension or dimensions, time and space probably both. In essence what must have happened is that the Island's matter was replaced by water under the shoreline, and by air above the shoreline. So add transmutation to the list of improbable pseudo scientific explanations for the direction this series is going.

Quite possible the Island was never really "there" to begin with. It was just a protrusion of another time/space dimension into our dimension.
Veefre
Veefre
Tailie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Khazz Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:37 pm

SomeArztOnYou wrote:
Oh, and getting back to the letters in the background there in the Hurley shot - if you read only the yellow ones, it says "myth."

And with the remaining letters you could spell "Locke" L (7) - O - C (U) - K -E locke

Khazz
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum