Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When is Ben??

5 posters

Go down

When is Ben?? Empty When is Ben??

Post by SmokinMonster Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:48 am

My heads hurts with this. When Ben turns the wheel he is transported to the desert and the way I am understanding it, he meets Sayid not long after this.
Back at the helicopter the gang see the island seemingly disappear, crash into the ocean and are rescued soon after.
Loads happens after this, funerals, surprise birthdays, court cases, murders, and funerals. All before Sayid meets Ben. So wheres Ben all that time? Has he met Sayid even though Sayids not back home yet? Whats happening?
SmokinMonster
SmokinMonster
Lostie

Number of posts : 61
Humor : Lavatorial
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

When is Ben?? Empty Re: When is Ben??

Post by Caged_Faraday Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:56 am

I believe this is exactly why most people believe Ben was not only transported to Tunisia, but forward in time (to approximately 2007).
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:12 am

He asks "October 2005?" to the hotel clerk and she says "yes sir, 2005".
And where did he get that passport? I guess maybe he had it in his pocket before he zapped to Tunisia.
And his meeting with Sayid has shortly after his arrival to Tunisa cuz he sees Sayid on TV saying "i just want to bury my wife in peace" and then he runs into him at Sayids wife's funeral.
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:23 am

Hmmm... I forgot that the clerk says October 2005. That does make for some odd continuity. Nadia's at the birthday party, then dead by October '05.

They show the Flash Forwards so absurdly out of order it's very hard to keep track. Gotta say, I'm at a loss.

Oh, and passport... I'm not even worrying about it. He had 8 in his bedroom closet, who's to say he doesn't keep 3 or4 in the Dharka, just in case. He's Ben Linus... he always has a plan (and a passport, and 60,000 Lira, and an ASP baton).
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:42 pm

Has anyone explored the possibility of Ben not moving forward or backward in time, but left or right meaning a parallel and distinctly opposite timeline?

Very Star Trek "Mirror Mirror" I know, but why do we have to think of time as being so linear?
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Number of posts : 325
Humor : Insane
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jacob

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:03 pm

Yeah I guess he was transported in time too.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:26 pm

MollyCocktail wrote:Has anyone explored the possibility of Ben not moving forward or backward in time, but left or right meaning a parallel and distinctly opposite timeline?

Very Star Trek "Mirror Mirror" I know, but why do we have to think of time as being so linear?
That would be an interesting theory. They love their Trek. Left - Right time would also solve the remainder in my Eliptical Time Orbit theory (OK, that's a differnt point, I guess).

OK, well, if there's a Mirror Universe, we need to look for a lamee sash, a scar, or a goatee that only appears on a character half the time.

OK, mostly a joke, but if the producers were going to make that kind of Mirror, Mirror nod, they would likely toss out a smaller version of that clue. Start scouring the images of Sayid, and see if there's a difference between Assassin Sayid and at Hurley's party with Nadia Sayid.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content