Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have a non-Lostie in your life?

+10
3Bella
l337Jacqui
chirpey1987
TheHolyStickman
Alaina
Irocz28
kristenislost
SunburnedPenguin
Lojozz
MyStarbuckHatesLost
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you have a non-Lostie in your life? Empty Do you have a non-Lostie in your life?

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:42 pm

I was wondering how many of us have a non-Lostie in our life. One that just doesn't get Lost or doesn't like it.

How do you deal with that person? Do you try to bring them into the Lost world or do you just accept the fact that they will forever get that glazed-over look whenever you start delving into Lost minutia with them? Or are you lucky enough to have a significant Other (pardon the pun) who is also into the show?

My screen name tells you all how my Starbuck feels about Lost...
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have a non-Lostie in your life? Empty Re: Do you have a non-Lostie in your life?

Post by Lojozz Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:56 pm

MSHL my wife used to love Lost but she started to go off it after season two. She now hates it. I tried for a while to bring her back into the fold but she wasn't having it. At least I can watch it in peace now though so its not all bad!
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Do you have a non-Lostie in your life? Empty Re: Do you have a non-Lostie in your life?

Post by SunburnedPenguin Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:58 pm

My other half (lonewolf) is just as obsessed as I am, he just isnt used to forums etc so its a push to get him to post anything Smile

I am currently trying to convert a friend at work, he loves BSG and I have watched the forst season now (well watching the finale tonight) so its his turn to watch the first season of Lost.....I have promised him he wont be disapointed and I am sure he will be as obsessed as us soon....if he isnt he isnt the person I thought he was lol
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenislost Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:26 pm

My husband watches Lost with me but there's about a 5 minute window after each show and the glazed look begins. I don't know if it's necessarily boredom with Lost or a sense of being seriously disturbed by how obsessed I am with the show. A friend of mine is just as obsessed as I am, and we refer to our fellow Lost watchers as either "good Lost talkers" or "bad Lost talkers." You immediately know the bad ones when they start referring to characters by the wrong name or aren't aware of key pieces of the plot. This weekend at a wedding there was a huge discussion at a bar and I heard someone refer to "Boone and his girlfriend Stephanie," and "what other island?" Definitely a "bad Lost Talker." =)

kristenislost
Tailie

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:29 pm

My one good friend won't even give Lost a chance, which to me, is more aggrevating than if he did watch it and hated it.

Friend: You wanna go out tonight?

Me: No, I need to stay in and watch Lost.

Friend: God, that show is so stupid. A bunch of people stranded on an island. It might as well be Gilligans Island.

Me (screaming): How many times do I have to tell you?!? It's not like Gilligans Island!!! Just watch for yourself and you will see how good a show it is!!!!

Friend: No, the show sucks. I'm not watching.

Now tell me having that conversation every Thursday night wouldn't get on your nerves.
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:32 pm

Sunny P so what do you think of BSG so far?
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:15 pm

Ok, you'll be sorry you asked. Twisted Evil

My older brother - watch lost with me and my Mum every Friday night, and will watch repeats on DVD with me. But still think I'm a bit too addicted with this site.

My Mum - Watches lost with me every Friday night, frequently ask questions and constant 'whos thats'. Also think I'm too addicted to lost.

My younger Brothers - Started watching at season three. I still think they're too young. To appreciate it properly.

My Dad - A very intersting one, he watches lost with me and all brothers on Sunday at his house. Thinks its the best made show on tv, but loves to point out continuity errors and questions a lot of the things that I take for granted. I often have conversations on lost extending into the night.

My Friends - As you may have guessed I'm very mature for my age, so my friends dont appreciate lost. I kept it secret for a while. My friends think its rubbish. He told me today that he doesnt get why I like lost so much, he said people on an island try to get off, predictable. My head nearly exploded, so many contradictions to what he had said came to my head that I couldnt get them all out. After five minutes of solid arguing that lsot is amazing. He shrugs everything off with a 'its still Sh*t'. Some people you just cant get to. But I'm currently loaning out my seasons of lost, to see how many I can get in.

So I'm alone without this place there would no-one to talk about all this stuff with.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by chirpey1987 Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:27 pm

My partner hates it, i always say to him youv'e missed out you should watch it i do not think he would grasp the concept anyway.
Not one member of my very large family watch it and my friends are haters lol.
There is one old lady whom i work with, who watches it i swear i manhandle her when she comes into work and if she has not watched it i get so mad because she will not let me tell her anything and i have nobody to talk to about it.
That is proberly why i am in jhere all day ha
chirpey1987
chirpey1987
Others

Number of posts : 218
Humor : haha

Character sheet
Name: Amy-Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:58 pm

Alaina wrote:Sunny P so what do you think of BSG so far?

Just about to watch the season 1 finale, and while it will never come close to Lost - I frakkin love it!!!!

Cant wait to catch up with the rest of the world lol
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:18 pm

SunburnedPenguin wrote: I frakkin love it!!!!

Thursday and Friday nights have been our two big TV nights. Friday is Doctor Who and BSG on SciFi.

....Although we relized this week they edit Dotor Who for SciFi and we will now be downloading only!
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 pm

Sorry, but whats BSG. Is it good, can I watch it online??
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenislost Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:31 pm

I think they mean Battlestar Gallactica...I tried to suck someone into Lost recently and they told me to watch that. Apparently it's very addictive, and now that I'm reading this I just may go get it on dvd.

kristenislost
Tailie

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Thanks Kristen
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:14 am

Luckily everyone in my life either likes Lost or just hasn't seen it yet.

My boyfriend watches it with me every Thursday and still loves me very much even though he sees my obsession, my mom and dad watch it and love it as well, and I just got one of my good friends hooked. She's watched seasons 1-3 in 3 weeks, and now she's watching season 4 online LOL!
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:22 am

HSM you like Lost, you like LUFC, take my word for it you will love BSG. Make sure you watch the mini series first, its all online and its awesome. I wish I had the whole thing to watch until Lost comes back. Frak!!!!
Lojozz
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by 3Bella Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:13 am

I hated Lost the first season, because I was pregnant and everything scared me. All I could picture was that something bad would happen to me and my baby, like crashing on an island and bad people trying to get me! My husband on the other hand, loved it. By the time season 2 came around, my husband lost interest, and I began to love it. I have also recruited my mother in law, she is now a dedicated viewer! Other than that, nobody who loves Lost as much as I do!

3Bella
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 6
Humor : Quirky
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokette Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:16 am

Hubby not into it and refuses to get into it. Although, I have seen him start watching a few times when I was watching repeats online.

I have a few friends who are into it, and a few clients. Mostly, I obsess online.
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Number of posts : 165
Humor : Dry. Very Dry.
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:54 am

Ok Lojozz will do.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:45 am

I've never seen Battlestar. I'm downloading series 1-3 it now.

I've watched the miniseries already. I thought the first half hour of it was OK, so-so. . . and then it got good. And it kept good. And it stayed good until the end whereupon I came to the conclusion that it had been great.

If the series can match the bar raised by the miniseries, my Lost hiatus is going to be filled with a real treat.

(And for the love of Kobol - if you must discuss BSG on this site keep all mention of anything spoilerific out of the titles. I've now inadvertently heard about a mystery "last Cylon" before I've even got going. . . the beauty of this experience for me is that I know absolutely nothing about it - I want to find out for myself. I should be safe to do so whilst visiting a Lost site, right?
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:51 am

I only watch two shows on TV...Battlestar Galactica is the other one.

BSG news; It is almost certain that the second half of Battlestar's last season will not air until January 2009. DAMN! The Sci-Fi channel will give that crap excuse that it is because of the writers' strike but it is actually because they want to spread the cost of this very expensive show over two years instead of one...also, it is the only good show on a network chock-full of festering crap so they don't want to let go of it just yet.

This week's episode will be the mid-season finale so no more Lost OR BSG for another seven loooooooong months.

Some warnings and tips for anyone who hasn't seen BSG but is thinking about checking it out:

1. Lojozz is right. Start from the very begining with the miniseries.
2. You have to watch it in order or you will get very "lost" very quickly.
3. It is very gritty and can be VERY dark. In fact, it is so dark that the first four episodes of the third season may give you deep emotional scars...I mean DARK!
4. Be prepared to scream "holy shit!" a lot.
5. You may find that it is as addiictive as Lost though it is a completely different kind of show.

Last edited by MyStarbuckHatesLost on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:54 am

Addition:

AC has a great point. BSG is a show that will get to you very quickly and those of us who have watched since 2004 have to be careful not to spoil it.

What does everybody think about setting up a seperate BSG thread on the home page...just one little thread....pleeeeeeeeeessseee JAX?
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Oh my God, the Cylons have completely hijacked this thread.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chirpey1987 Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:46 pm

oh i am going to start watching it
chirpey1987
chirpey1987
Others

Number of posts : 218
Humor : haha

Character sheet
Name: Amy-Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:11 pm

I have two house guests at my apartment. Jason is 22, Chinese Buddhist vegetarian and into meditation. He tried watching the two hour finale but he kept asking questions about what is happening. He did not like the answers. he is moving the island, and he goes you can't move an island with that. I guess there is that need for a willing suspension of disbelief.

Then there is my other friend Sunny, he can always tell which one the doctor is, and everytime that the doctor appears in a scene Sunny will helpfully add, that's the doctor isn't it. Nothing gets past him.

But then I have ny friend Nestor who is into the same shows that I am

Kyle XY
The 4400
BSG
and Lost.

We do discuss the finer details of these shows and we watch them again and again. You would be surprised how many times I have seen seasons 1 and 2 of Kyle XY.

Hopefully The 4400 will return for season 5 as too many unanswered questions. At least with Lost we know that there is a set end date to tell the story, with these other series any of them could be cancelled and too many questions left unanswered.

Still I am lucky to have my friend Nestor!

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:24 pm

Never watched Kyle XY or The 4400. Could be something to do in the break, I guess.
Lojozz
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next