Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Giggles in Speed Racer Movie

+2
l337Jacqui
MyStarbuckHatesLost
6 posters

Go down

Doctor Giggles in Speed Racer Movie Empty Doctor Giggles in Speed Racer Movie

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sun May 18, 2008 2:52 pm

I like Jack but, to be honest, I'm not his biggest fan. He seems to have the emotional range of a sand flea.

I just saw the Speed Racer Movie this weekend and Matthew Fox plays the mysterious "Racer-X" (who, unbeknonwst to anyone, is actually the older, presumed-dead brother of Speed Racer...)

His range of emotion is still the same...I swear, it was like watching Jack (not Matthew Fox) playing the character of Racer-X.

My review of the Speed Racer movie:

It was fun but I walked out of the theater with A.D.D.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Doctor Giggles in Speed Racer Movie Empty Re: Doctor Giggles in Speed Racer Movie

Post by l337Jacqui Sun May 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Hahaha...good to know. I wanted to see it because the graphics look rediculous, also to see "Jack" lol, but I'll just wait for DVD
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Doctor Giggles in Speed Racer Movie Empty Re: Doctor Giggles in Speed Racer Movie

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sun May 18, 2008 10:48 pm

I'll tell ya l337Jacqui, It is something that is pretty cool on a big theater screen. I only go to the theater for visually-intensive films and dramas work better for me on a small screen. You might wanna hit the multi-plex for this one.

The plot and dialog is about on a 4th grade level but hey, its a movie about Speed Racer...what can you expect Smile

BTW I'm originally from the Youngstown Ohio area
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Sun May 18, 2008 10:55 pm

We actually have a 10-foot screen with a projector and surround sound in our apartment lol....my boyfriend loves the techie stuff lol....which works out great because every week we watch LOST in HD on it!

Youngstown is pretty close!!! And I see that now you are in North Carolina! My boyfriend will be applying to a ton of med schools in June (one is in north carolina) so, if you don't mind me asking, how was the move from Ohio to North Carolina? Do you like it better there? We love warm weather, so that's why he's applying to warmer places hehe Very Happy
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Mon May 19, 2008 2:22 am

Speed Racer looks like a pretty funny movie and to be honest I would like to see it except for two reasons.

1) I think that live action versions of cartoons/anime tend to disappoint as they do not match up to our long held images, movies like The Flintstones, Initial D and Garfield spring to mind! Though that did not stop me from going to see these movies!

2) The thought of seeing Jack in the movie is one that would take me out of the zone. It is like trying to watch my DVD's of LOrd of the Rings, 3 movies that before Lost were captivating. Now whenever Merry appears all I see is Charlie, and this completely takes me out of the story. So I will say no to speed racer and wait until Lost is ended and maybe watch it in 2011!

Maybe after that whenever I watch the old episodes of Lost, maybe I will not be seeing Jack anymore but "hey that is the not really dead older Brother from Speed Racer".

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Tue May 20, 2008 1:26 am

I saved my money for iron man, although the fact that the Matrix brothers did speedracer makes me want to see it. I agree with stitch that most cartoon anime movies blow but I just heard there doing Dragonball Z, I really hope it`s good.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Wed May 21, 2008 5:13 am

vincentthedog wrote:although the fact that the Matrix brothers did speedracer makes me want to see it.

Yeah, that was one of the main reasons I really wanted to see it too.

MSHL, I heard they take out the camera's depth of field at points? So the scenery is in focus as well as the main characters to make it seem "flat" like the anime cartoon? Is this true?
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Wed May 21, 2008 10:20 am

Seems to be Jacqui. It shifts back and forth between the two. and so much of this movie is cgi it is hard to tell where the reality ends and the computer imagery begins. Even something as simple as two people on a lazy drive down the road is cgi. The colors are all blown out and over saturated...like a cartoon with humans in it
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Wed May 21, 2008 10:26 am

MSHL! Shame on you for giving away such a major plot detail as you did in your post. Remove it forthwith!

I watched Speed Racer with my girlfriend. She HATED every single minute of it. Me? I absolutely loved it. The race sequences are absolutely knock-out (but then I am a sucker for a special-effect fest).

They could have toned down that kid and the monkey, though. Yeah, yeah, I know that part was for kids but. . . Urgh!
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Wed May 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Oops, I let slip the pivitol "lazy drive down the road scene" I am a bastard!

When it comes out on DVD I'm going to re-edit it. It will be 20 minutes long and have nothing in it but footage of the Mach-5 racing...since, of course, the Mach-5 shows the greatest emotional range of any character in the movie.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Wed May 21, 2008 8:22 pm

Hahaha I'll buy that copy from you, MSHL Laughing
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita Fri May 23, 2008 5:55 pm

Vincentthedog!!! ahh! dragonball z movie?! phew! havent seen it in forever. I used to record it off the dish but in Spanish. I always liked the spanish version more - Goku always sounded like a baby in English to me. But love it! can't wait.
puchita
puchita
Others

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Fri May 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Punchita, Just a rumor right now but with all the success of nostalsia movies ie; transformers, alvin&the chipmonks the forthcoming GI Joe movie I think if done right Drangonballz would be perfect. But how would they do that hair???
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Fri May 23, 2008 6:37 pm

The hero of DragonBall, Son Goku, will be played by up and coming actor Justin Chatiwn. He recently starred in Steven Spielberg’s War of the Worlds as well as The Invisible. According to the character descriptions, Goku is considered uncool and unpopular at school, but he is in fact an extremely talented martial arts fighter who gets rigorous training from his grandfather, Gohan. Goku conquers physical and emotional challenges, ultimately saving the world but clearly is impelled to spend his life searching for the Dragon Balls with his trusty companions. After the death of his grandfather by the evil Lord Piccolo, Goku finds his destiny in his grandfather's dying request that he find Master Roshi and gather all seven Dragon Balls (of which he has one) in order to prevent Piccolo from succeeding in his desire to use the Dragonballs to take over the world. Trained by Master Roshi, aided by Bulma and Yamcha, friends he meets along the way, Goku proves himself a formidable, almost undefeatable fighter.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita Fri May 23, 2008 10:55 pm

Wait so this should feature Goku as a teenager right? I cant remember how old he was when he started training with Master Roshi. I wonder who else will come out in it. Krillin? Chi Chi? So the Evil Piccolo series..... cool cool.

What was your favorite series? I liked the Cell series, Andriod, Freeza, Trunks.... My favorite character was always trunks.

ok.... enough! hahaha, sorry to write so much about Dragonball Z when its a Lost website! haha.
puchita
puchita
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Thu May 29, 2008 7:13 pm

Doctor Giggles in Speed Racer Movie Goku1
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita Fri May 30, 2008 6:52 pm

oh yeah. I've seen it. Pretty cool. I just think mister is kind of wimpy looking. Goku was swole.
puchita
puchita
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down