Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The person in the coffin (please forgive me...another coffin posting)

+8
l337Jacqui
TheHolyStickman
Fate
vincentthedog
katesawjack
Lojozz
SunburnedPenguin
MyStarbuckHatesLost
12 posters

Go down

The person in the coffin (please forgive me...another coffin posting) Empty The person in the coffin (please forgive me...another coffin posting)

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Mon May 19, 2008 1:50 pm

I have been saying for some time now that I believe that Ben is in the coffin...but I have alternate theory which I will present here as a narrative. It is 6-a.m. here in the colonies so forgive me if the writing is not as eloquent as I would hope that it is.

It was early evening at the Hoffs Drawler Funeral home, the late day sun cast it's fading glow through the simply furnished room. The attendant was about to close up the building when he turned towards the door with a start. A man stood in the entrance, the warm colors of twilight from the outside framing him in the doorway. He stared at the coffin silently.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't hear you come in." the attendant said softly.

The sharply-dressed visitor did not respond but still stared at the coffin intently. The man broke his stoney gaze and looked to the attendant standing in front of him, his eyes seemed to look both at him and at some far away place at the same time, but still he said nothing.

The attendant took a half step forward. "Friend or family sir?" he asked with the practiced, though false, sincerity he had learned to project after too many years in this job.

The man stared at him for an uncomfortable moment longer and looked back to the coffin. An almost inaudible, wry laugh escaped his lips. "Neither, actually." the gentleman responded.

Though surprised that he had recieved the same reponse twice in less than an hour, he gestured towards the casket and asked, "Would you like me to open it sir?"

"Yes, do so." replied the man. "Then get the bloody hell out of here."

The attendant ignored the stranger's lack of manners and simply carried out his duty. He discounted the man's behavior as he had been doing this long enough to know that people always reacted in strange ways when facing the death of others. Some were cold as if the life had been drained out of them as well, some nervous, never having had to deal with death before and some, like this man, were just rude. It was all a part of death business and the attendant knew that it was not usually meant personally.

He lifted the lid of the coffin and locked it in the open position. He then turned with a respectful downward gaze and moved towards the doorway in the back of the room. Just before leaving, he paused and said. "Let me know if there is anything you need sir, and my deepest sympathies for your loss."

"Yes, yes," the visitor said impatiently. He seemed to be almost annoyed that the attendant was still in the room. "Off with you."

The attendant turned silently and left the room.

The visitor stepped up to the coffin, and looked down into the lifeless face of a human being he had once known. He could find no remorse, no sadness, no emotion of any kind in himself as he looked at the shell of what was once a man.

"You poor fool," he muttered, almost silently to the body. "You should have taken the money I offered you all those years ago...bruthah."

Slowly, a mocking smile spread across his face. After a moment, he reached out, released the prop and allowed the lid to slam shut on Desmond Hume's coffin.

Turning away from the casket and striding towards the exit and his waiting limo outside, Charles Widmore did not look back as he went out the door.

Fade to black.

OOOh...goosebubmps.

I wrote it in this style because I thought it would be such a cool scene to watch.
The interesting thing to me is that this scene would work just as well (with only slightly different dilalogue) if it were Ben in the coffin.

If Ben, the dialogue might be something like: "I'm sorry Benjamin...but after all, it was you who forced me to change the rules."

I don't really think Desmond is in the box, but if I were going to change my vote as to the identity of that person, this is why I would do it. No logic, no evidence. I just think that it would be a shocker of a scene.

Last edited by MyStarbuckHatesLost on Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

The person in the coffin (please forgive me...another coffin posting) Empty Re: The person in the coffin (please forgive me...another coffin posting)

Post by SunburnedPenguin Mon May 19, 2008 1:55 pm

Very nicely written! I dont think its Des (I'm firmly rooted in the Micheal camp), but I love the way you have presented this!
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The person in the coffin (please forgive me...another coffin posting) Empty Re: The person in the coffin (please forgive me...another coffin posting)

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Mon May 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Thank you very much SP
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Mon May 19, 2008 2:07 pm

MSHL firstly arrrgghhhh another coffin post.

Secondly nice work its the first one in a long long time that I actually enjoyed reading. I don't think your right but it would make a cool scene. If it was Des surely Penny would be there (unless Ben has already Killed her!!!!).
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Mon May 19, 2008 2:18 pm

Again, a thousand pardons all for another coffin posting...I am a theory whore (I am ashamed)

Thank you very much Lojozz. I think my many years in live theater is starting to spill into my theorizing.

I don't think it is Des either, I still think Ben. and this scene would work well if it wer Ben in the box.

But the idea of it being Des, considering the past interactions between him and C.W. was just too sexy an idea for me to let go of.

We'll know soon enough who it is...but then be ready. 5,000 theories on WHY (insert name here) is in the coffin!
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Mon May 19, 2008 3:07 pm

MSHL, I was in suspense till the end. You are a very good story-teller.
But I would prefer Ben to be the first choice. We just can't lose Desmond,he just has to find Penny, It is his Destiny.

Thanks Lojozz again ,I have revised and added my Coffin Poll.
I'm sure you probably knew that,but I keep reminding everyone at every opportunity. Rolling Eyes It's my job.
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Mon May 19, 2008 5:15 pm

Loved the dialoge, I don`t think it`s Ben or Des though I`m leading toward locke. Ben takes him out to get back controll of the island. But you should write a lost play and we can all have a part.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Mon May 19, 2008 5:21 pm

I'm this close to stepping into the coffin myself man

11 more days ....BE STRONG

nicely written though!
Fate
Fate
Lostie

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Mon May 19, 2008 6:33 pm

Ha Ha the funny thing was that before I even knew it was Widmore I imagined him as the visitor. Very Well written. No evidence at all (But we havent got any anyway). But a good read and this would make a good season ender.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Mon May 19, 2008 8:40 pm

Loved it!!! Keep writing more stuff!!! Very Happy
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by nino_1 Mon May 19, 2008 9:24 pm

good one but unlikely
nino_1
nino_1
Others

Number of posts : 335

Character sheet
Name: REX

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita Mon May 19, 2008 10:57 pm

I hope it ends up like that. But one thing to think of: How will the losties get back to the island without Ben or Widmore's help? Mr Paik maybe?
puchita
puchita
Others

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Mon May 19, 2008 10:58 pm

Well since Sun just bought a large chunk of it, you might be onto something there Puchita...
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita Mon May 19, 2008 11:02 pm

Exactly my thinking. Espcially if Jin is back there.... ok confusion on my part all of a sudden aka brain fart.

IS Jin on the island? The last Jin/Sun centric episode - were his flashes flashFORWARDS or not? You know, the ones where he is getting the panda for the baby. Oh Oh! I want him to get off the island so bad.
puchita
puchita
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Mon May 19, 2008 11:06 pm

puchita wrote:Exactly my thinking. Espcially if Jin is back there.... ok confusion on my part all of a sudden aka brain fart.

IS Jin on the island? The last Jin/Sun centric episode - were his flashes flashFORWARDS or not? You know, the ones where he is getting the panda for the baby. Oh Oh! I want him to get off the island so bad.

In that episode all the off-island scenes with Jin were a flashback, and the scenes with Sun were a flashforward. Sun also just had her baby, so it's at least been a while before she attempts going back to the island (if she ever does).

I'm with you. I hope he's still alive somehow and they can get him off that island!!! After everything they've been through, Sun and Jin need to be together!
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita Mon May 19, 2008 11:11 pm

Yessum, poop though. I was hoping they were flashforwards and that he just wasnt included in the Oceanic 6 - you know, snuck off the island somehow.

Last edited by puchita on Mon May 19, 2008 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
puchita
puchita
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Mon May 19, 2008 11:11 pm

Awww yeah Sad
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Mon May 19, 2008 11:13 pm

Jac, we all asume jin`s is a flashback but could it be something else ?ie: sometype of course correction or possible alternate reality?
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Mon May 19, 2008 11:14 pm

Anything is possible Embarassed
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Mon May 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Vincent Jin says he's only been married 2 months and he is working for Sun's dad. So I'm fairly sure its a flashback
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Mon May 19, 2008 11:25 pm

Lojozz didn`t see that good call!
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Mon May 19, 2008 11:26 pm

Haha true, I did forget about that
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Tue May 20, 2008 8:21 am

I have no idea who could be in the coffin. It could be the last person we suspected, thats how they got us with Claires mom revealing that Jack and Claire are bro and sis, (seriously threw a curve ball my way, never saw that coming). So it could be John, but I don't believe so. After all of this foreshadowing that John is special. I have no idea who is in the coffin, but can't wait to find out!!!
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Fri May 23, 2008 9:50 pm

This is season ender.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by PortRoyalWenk Mon May 26, 2008 6:29 am

It was like reading a good book......
PortRoyalWenk
PortRoyalWenk
Tailie

Number of posts : 47
Humor : Dirty and sarcastic. God I love a good joke.
Registration date : 2008-05-17

http://www.myspace.com\portroyalwenk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down