Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

--

5 posters

Go down

-- Empty Re: --

Post by Lost-Mosh Wed May 14, 2008 10:21 am

Hi there, Tr41c! As a fellow refugee, I welcome you to this site!

And good to see you back!
Lost-Mosh
Lost-Mosh
Tailie

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Wed May 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Welcome to the site tr41c! Its great to have you here and im sure many interesting debates will be had Smile
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Wed May 14, 2008 4:12 pm

I checked the list that Ethan brought me...you are on it so that makes you a good person Smile

Glad to see you here in our new shelter
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tracker Wed May 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Hey Todd. Glad you found your way here too.
tracker
tracker
Others

Number of posts : 237
Humor : Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.......Archie Bunker

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Thu May 15, 2008 9:23 am

Hi TR, wow this must feel; a bit like Noah's ark to you. It feels that way to me. Good to see that there we have been able to connect again without the help of Lost theories site. We should have been given some warning but the point is that we were able to use the net to find each other. That in itself is way cool.

I think that if ever someone wanted to do a Ph D then the story of a virtual community and its dissolution and what happened next is one that would be be a really worthwhile topic.

People that only know each other by our chat names can use their internet skills to regroup. Hey that is so cool!

Maybe I will write a book on this. I think that would be so illuminating on the way that the internet allows us to connect and reconnect with friends who we only know by their contribution to a group site.

What is interesting also is the impact that the site had on members, giving them a place that they called their own. What were the feelings that were aroused when Jeff Croft told everyone in a not so subtle or caring manner to "go play somewhere else".

Who were the members that we first thought to find. For me it was AngeloComet, for no other reason than for the first few weeks I though his name was Angela, and only when he told another poster that he was a he then did I look carefully at his name and realised that Angelo was a guy's name!

And I remembered visiting his blog before but then his blog became important to me. I thought at that blog I could find him and tell him about how I was feeling. To my eternal gratitude he had already made a blog entry talking about the closure of the site.

I must be honest and say that I have never been gladder in my life to meet a person on line than I was to see this blog.

This of course led me and all of us here.

I think that what happens next, and the way we regroup will all contribute to our group dynamic. I believe that as a group we are now stronger than before.

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content