Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5.9 "Ghost In The Machine"

5 posters

Go down

5.9 "Ghost In The Machine" Empty 5.9 "Ghost In The Machine"

Post by JWLost Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:05 am

Readers,

We've passed the half-way marker and everything you think you know... you have no idea. In this episode, the first episode ever to not have a person as the centric force, the focus is on the future of the island and the future of everything at stake.
Rules are broken, surprises are around every corner and deaths are inevitable as this cliff hanger to rival all cliff hangers plays out.

The Island Will Never Be The Same.

Link to the Episode: http://www.scribd.com/doc/5446237/59-Ghost-In-The-Machine

Last edited by JWLost on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Number of posts : 388
Humor : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Character sheet
Name: Lee

Back to top Go down

5.9 "Ghost In The Machine" Empty Re: 5.9 "Ghost In The Machine"

Post by SunburnedPenguin Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Another awesome episode! Wow I love where are you taking this. I cried Sad
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:06 pm

All I can say is WOW, JW, that one is a grand slam for sure! Season 5.9 Edge of seat suspense! I am giving you 5 Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Thanks Jax and KSJ!! Yeah, I really did pack it in there in this one. I did so because I think I'm going to take a short break and I want to keep everyone interested. Maybe a week or so... we'll see. I want to collect my thoughts for the rest of the season.

Yeah, this one had a lot involved. I think my favorite mystery I introduced is the one revealed in Juliet's flashback. However, I do enjoy the total dismay of the returnee's group in the end. I don't think I ever saw an episode where so many people cried, lol! I think the total count is 9 in the text, but if it were to play out on screen... I would imagine more along the lines of 14 or 15.

I was a little worried that this was Season Finale caliber, but I think I have more up my sleeve when it comes to that. At least, lets hope so....
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:50 pm

JWLost wrote:
I was a little worried that this was Season Finale caliber, but I think I have more up my sleeve when it comes to that. At least, lets hope so....

JW, I was actually thinking that if you had wanted it to have been, Sad the finale... I think perhaps it could have been, albeit a sad one with a lot of loose ends.
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tracker Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:00 pm

JW,
I look forward to my Lost "fix" with your episodes.

I caught your reference to Dr. Timothy Leary. Were you referring to the LSD dropping Leary of the 70's ?......Turn on, tune in, drop out.
tracker
tracker
Others

Number of posts : 237
Humor : Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.......Archie Bunker
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:43 pm

Tracker: Indeed I was!!! I'm glad you caught that... I was trying to find an appropriate name for a scientist who is gassing people to make them hallucinate and I came across him. Little did I know that the real life Dr. Leary worked with the real life Richard Alpert in the same experiments. So... it was a total win-win for me and an excellent find.

Like I said before, if you look at the names I use and the names of the experiments, well... it will give you some clues as to what is going on in future episodes. Reference back to 5.8 where I have a schlew of hints in the names I use. Including K. Kaname.

KSJ: Thanks, but no worries, this isn't the finale. It is only episode 9! I have 8 more to go!
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tracker Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:02 am

JWLost wrote:Tracker: Indeed I was!!! I'm glad you caught that... I was trying to find an appropriate name for a scientist who is gassing people to make them hallucinate and I came across him. Little did I know that the real life Dr. Leary worked with the real life Richard Alpert in the same experiments. So... it was a total win-win for me and an excellent find.

Like I said before, if you look at the names I use and the names of the experiments, well... it will give you some clues as to what is going on in future episodes. Reference back to 5.8 where I have a schlew of hints in the names I use. Including K. Kaname.

KSJ: Thanks, but no worries, this isn't the finale. It is only episode 9! I have 8 more to go!

I can't find any info on your reference of K. Kaname. Can you give me a hint?
tracker
tracker
Others

Number of posts : 237
Humor : Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.......Archie Bunker
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:22 am

http://kuran-kaname.net/name.php It is just in his name and no, I don't watch Anime. Honestly, it was a luck of the draw find and a long-shot name, but it is very significant.
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:56 am

Oh oh oh sounds like a good one!
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:04 am

Ok Sorry JW false alarm I'm going to read it tomorrow morning. Promise. Very Happy
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:17 am

I like the Penny and Des scene, and the Jack and Kate bits. You've got an excellent chemistry between them.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:22 am

That was a great death scene, with Bernard. Really emotional.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:53 am

This getting pretty exciting...
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:00 am

'Catch the wind' was MSHL's funeral song wasn't it.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:04 am

Wow, that music scene was amazing, I was trying to hear it at the same time as reading it. And all those scenes were in a slightly slower time than normal for me, while the music was playing.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:13 am

Sorry I couldn't comment on that too much because it was too exciting. An amazing episode. And at the end I really was pissed off with Christine.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:47 pm

LoL, Stickman! Pissed off at Christine. I don't know why, but I can't be pissed off at her for doing what she did. Jack wasn't going to let her go and those are her children after all.

Thanks for the Jack/Kate Penny/Des scenes. I couldn't help but use Jack's misfortune with women again. The only reason Christine kissed him was to get the information out of his pocket that Ben gave him. I think I showed Jack's dismay about how stupid he was to have fallen for that at the end.

I was sad to kill off Bernard, but it made for good story.

No comment as to Richard and Locke's scene at the end? I was waiting for you to comment on that one because I really wanted to know what your reaction was to that. You seem like a Locke kinda guy, so I was waiting.

Lastly, thank you about the music scene. It was actually my funeral song and I'm glad WTF posted that discussion because I always wanted to write a scene to music and that post gave me the idea. You have no idea how hard it is to write to music and write to it and still have the readers get the full effect of it.

Thanks for all the help and comments, Stickman, you were a great help and really brought to my attention what I need to work on. You are a trooper! 5.10 will be out within a few days. I think I finally have my direction for the rest of this season and a good idea of where I'm taking the whole thing throughout season 6.
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:13 pm

What was that scene at the very very end, where Richard said. "It has begun" what plane was it?

Oh and I loved the Richard Locke scene. It was different from all the other deaths we have seen. Some are accidental like Ana Lucia killing Shannon, some are poetic like Bernard and Charlie. When Micheal killed Ana lucia it was almost accidental and some are meaningless like the countless red shirts and others we've seen killed.

But this was... scary to be honest. Everything, down to the last detail. Locke off the island and desperate. Already contemplating suicide? And then Richard comes along completely calm as opposed to Lockes extreme agitation. But Locke can't do it even when he's told its for the greater good. So Richard kicks the chair from underneath him and watches him choke. And when I mean every last detail I mea the fact that he chocked to death and didn't have his neck snapped. And I loved the fact that Locke didn't redeem himself. It was keeping with the theme that he's always not good enough always in second place. It just made it scary for me, for some unknown reason that I can't explain.

Wow, I guess I shouldn've kept that all bottled up, Is that the sort of responce you were looking for.

P.S. If that had been the end of season 4 instead of finding out who was in the coffin we find out how it happened it would have been a lot better.

Great work JW. I can't wait for the next episode.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:17 pm

JW, If you have the time,would you go, and look at some of the links for tests made by some of us Losties. I have two on there. So if you could take them I'm sure everyone would appreciate the Dharma points. Cool

https://losties.darkbb.com/octagon-arg-f25/try-my-testlearn-something-t943-30.htm

I am anxious to read 5:10, when you post it.
HSM, is great about giving you his critiques,and very spot on about his take on the stories.

So in case you see this HSM, I really mean that as a compliment. cheers
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:21 am

Stick, the cargo plane in the sky over the island was the same cargo plane that Christine was on with Locke's body, Charles Widmore, Walt and Frank. I thought it was obvious that it was the same plane considering the flash of bright light the returnees saw in the Antarctic and the islanders saw above them. My bad for not saying it was "Christine's Plane." I hope you got that.

Yes! You pretty much got exactly what I was going for with the death scene with Locke. I didn't want him to ever redeem himself and I didn't want his death to be heroic or even justified. I wanted it to be just as it was, which was almost pathetic in a way. Richard has always been a creepy character and I think that this scene puts his creep level over the top. This one scene pretty much would change the entire way you ever looked at Richard again. I really love how you read into the scenes Stick. You are a really smart kid and if you read all the books that you read like you read these scripts, well, that furthers my belief that you should focus on literature or journalism in your future. You have a great head-start.

5.10 will be out the first half of this week. Things will be getting pretty good since I have a basic rundown of how I want the rest of this season to pan out and a majority of season 6 just waiting for my fingers to touch the keyboard.
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:54 am

This topic has been copied to the new forum, and will now be closed Smile