Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snapshot of modern life - a challenge to Losties!

+6
JWLost
StitchExp626
TheHolyStickman
katesawjack
CosmicJewels
SunburnedPenguin
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Snapshot of modern life - a challenge to Losties! - Page 2 Empty Re: Snapshot of modern life - a challenge to Losties!

Post by JWLost Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:36 am

Yeah, that's what I thought. What is the equivilent of "bloody" in American? Obviously it isn't that bad in Australia either. If bloody is such a bad word, what do you guys in the UK say when someone is covered in blood? We would say "he was all bloody" what would the Uk say?
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Number of posts : 388
Humor : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Character sheet
Name: Lee

Back to top Go down

Snapshot of modern life - a challenge to Losties! - Page 2 Empty Re: Snapshot of modern life - a challenge to Losties!

Post by tracker Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:47 am

How do I add the YouTube "TV Screen"? I'm trying to post a video but I don't know how.
tracker
tracker
Others

Number of posts : 237
Humor : Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.......Archie Bunker
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:18 am

tracker, To post a video, find the one you want, and look to the right side that shows the information ,and there will be an embed code.
You just copy that code and then paste it here on your post. When you preview it if, it has worked you will see the screen, with the video. I think that should do it. Smile
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicJewels Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:45 am

Go to the youtube video you'd like to copy. To the right of the youtube video is a long, thin rectangular box with the "Embed" tag in it. Right click and copy the tag. You'll be bringing it over to this forum.

On this forum, under the Subject area where you would click for a Quick Reply are two gray boxes with red lettering.

One of them says "PostReply". Click that. The 19th box from the left (of all the icons going across the top of the Post A Reply subject area) will be what looks like a small piece of film. Sort of like a double hung window. If you pass your cursor over it it will read "Video". Left click on it to open it. Place your cursor in that box and right click and choose "paste". Once it's pasted into the subject area you can preview it and then send.

Last edited by CosmicJewels on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:04 am

Well done Kate and CJ, could not have explained that better myself.

Thanks Smile
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spirit_of_jazz Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:54 am

... it's a big ad.
spirit_of_jazz
spirit_of_jazz
Tailie

Number of posts : 26
Humor : "i cannot brain today, i have the dumb"
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:02 am

Spirit, that is easily my favorite so far!!!! I "bloody" love you freakin' Australians... I'm telling you, I am Australian in an American body.

Stitch: Is this one banned in the UK as well, then? "Bloody" 'ell.

Hahaha, I'm totally using bloody in everyday speech now around the house and to my friends, I love it.
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by spirit_of_jazz Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:03 am

and this is for stitch, with the "where the bloody hell are you" campaign... don't know if you watch the gruen transfer at all on ABC, but they have advertising executives on & talk about recent ads... very funny show.

at the end they have a segment where they challenge 2 advertising agencies to sell the unsellable... this was where they had to convince people not to come down under. i thought it was worth posting, made me laugh. Smile
spirit_of_jazz
spirit_of_jazz
Tailie

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:05 am

Seriously, maybe its because I'm a little buzzed or something, but I could watch that ad all day! It is amazing the work they must have done to make that work.... and its hillarious the way the guys dance around in the stomach... ahahahaha, lord.
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:18 am

The best British ad ever made....

SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:40 am

Jax!!!! Those guys are from "Flight of the Conchords!" Have you ever seen that show?! Has anyone ever seen that show?! It is amazingly funny. You guys in Australia have probably seen it.... It's on HBO here in the US.
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tracker Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:00 pm

CosmicJewels wrote:Go to the youtube video you'd like to copy. To the right of the youtube video is a long, thin rectangular box with the "Embed" tag in it. Right click and copy the tag. You'll be bringing it over to this forum.

On this forum, under the Subject area where you would click for a Quick Reply are two gray boxes with red lettering.

One of them says "PostReply". Click that. The 19th box from the left (of all the icons going across the top of the Post A Reply subject area) will be what looks like a small piece of film. Sort of like a double hung window. If you pass your cursor over it it will read "Video". Left click on it to open it. Place your cursor in that box and right click and choose "paste". Once it's pasted into the subject area you can preview it and then send.

by katesawjack Yesterday at 9:18 pmtracker, To post a video, find the one you want, and look to the right side that shows the information ,and there

Kate and Cosmic.....THANK YOU!!!!! I was getting very frustrated trying to figure this one out.
tracker
tracker
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:25 pm

SOJ

At the moment the only television we watch is Rove. So I guess I should check out the gruen transfer on the ABC.

You should drop in one weekend and see where I live!

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:00 pm

This ad shows just how forgetful they think we are.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:11 pm

That same ad has been showing here in Aus too ... it is wierd
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:17 pm

My little brothers recite it as it comes on... and sometimes when its not. Now thats weird!
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Say hi to your brothers from us ... they were losties too for a brief instance! Now they are just jingle junkies!
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:06 pm

tracker wrote:Kate and Cosmic.....THANK YOU!!!!! I was getting very frustrated trying to figure this one out.

Okay tracker, a picture is worth a thousand words(so they say),and in this case Video, so...
Snapshot of modern life - a challenge to Losties! - Page 2 Ongeduld
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by spirit_of_jazz Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:29 pm

stitch, gruen transfer's definitely worth a go!

jw, yeah it's a bloody good ad! and the beer-men dancing in the stomach is my favourite part. Smile
spirit_of_jazz
spirit_of_jazz
Tailie

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by tracker Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:31 pm

This is an old one but it was one of the most famous at the time. I love Clara Peller- RIP

Thanks again KSJ and CJ.. I DID IT!!!!
tracker
tracker
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicJewels Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Snapshot of modern life - a challenge to Losties! - Page 2 B0d57263ebd301facc6347823a7c816c

tracker wrote:
[Thanks again KSJ and CJ.. I DID IT!!!!

You sure did! The first time I was able to put a youtube video in I felt the same way.

Have fun with the whole world of youtube now and other sites now! Smile

Last edited by CosmicJewels on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mhotcomments.com graphic)
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Number of posts : 225

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:31 pm

I just want to add my..
Snapshot of modern life - a challenge to Losties! - Page 2 Congratulations
also tracker!
You are not going to believe this but... that was the same video I thought about posting, and decided on the dog food one instead.... (To depict the way commercials used to be.)
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:38 pm

tracker wrote:
This is an old one but it was one of the most famous at the time. I love Clara Peller- RIP

Thanks again KSJ and CJ.. I DID IT!!!!

That was one of the best commercials ever tracker, I concur ! Very Happy
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:38 pm

I know that this doesn't fit within the guidelines of a commercial or anything, but I just think it is the pretty much one of the funniest things I ever saw. Jimmy Kimmel will take the average footage from news, entertainment et all and randomly beep the dialogue. What you think they are beeping is completely up to you and it kind of shows you what kind of person you are for thinking what they beeped. I love it and apparently I am a very dirty minded person, but I don't care.

Warning: Pretty Adult, but really... it's censored, so... yeah.
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JWLost Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:17 am

Ok, so I know about a million of you have seen this a million times before, but I still find it to be the absolute best Lost ad to date and it is from the UK, big surprise there.... UK ads and such are on a far grander scale than the ads in the US. We show all the explosions and the sexual tension etc. etc. , but ads from Europe are far more artistic. This ad, I want you to take note is genious.

How much later did the UK start airing LOST compared to the US? Does anyone know? Because this ad shows a lot.

1) Walt beneath Locke imitating him is foreshadowing.
2) The way Shannon appears to be lifeless when dancing with Boone/Sayid is foreshadowing.
3) Sun progressively gets more sexual in her dancing (like she becomes more progressive as being independent in the show).
4) Kate's dazed and confused acting... almost as if she is a puppet, I still can't figure out.
5) Sun being handed off between Michael and Jin... that is kinda strange because she never had anything with Michael (that we know about).

This is the Ad I wanted to focus on though, it is from the UK and is dramatic:

I was going to go ahead and find Lost Season 1 Ad from the USA thinking that it was all mystery and plane crash scenes, but apparently there aren't any... at all prior to the series premier.... which leaves me scratching my head... did they not promote it? I didn't get into Lost until Season 2 so I have no clue.

Last edited by JWLost on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next