Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Poll Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories)

+3
StitchExp626
SunburnedPenguin
katesawjack
7 posters

Go down

Who is in the Coffin

A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Tbl_sh1135%A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Tbl_sh10 35% 
[ 8 ]
A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Tbl_sh119%A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Tbl_sh10 9% 
[ 2 ]
A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Tbl_sh1122%A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Tbl_sh10 22% 
[ 5 ]
A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Tbl_sh1130%A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Tbl_sh10 30% 
[ 7 ]
A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Tbl_sh114%A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Tbl_sh10 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Empty A Poll Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories)

Post by katesawjack Fri May 16, 2008 9:59 pm

This Poll will be open for New Votes Till The Airing of The Season Finale on May 29,2008

The Results will then be posted on Friday May 30,2008

The Button Poll will only show an anonymous vote count.

The original Poll will show the names and how they voted

Revised May 23,2008

My Thanks to Lojozz for helping me make this possible. lost-theories.com
may only be a bittersweet memory now, but some things just can't be taken away from some of the very persistant refugees that were exiled from there.

We now have a much better home due in large part to AngeloComet for having his blogspot. Many of us wandered there when we were feeling so abandoned. He guided us to this lovely new place,where we were welcomed most graciously by SunburnedPenguin.

There will be many names on this poll that will be recognized as having found this site,and some that we hope may soon join us.

This poll is now being reopened for anyone that has not voted if indeed you want to.
The time is getting closer to where the answer to this Burning Question[/b] will finally be revealed! Which has been promised for the final episode of season 4.

Who really is in that Coffin ? The Original Poll can still be found :[/b]http://www.lost-theories.com/theories/2008/apr/09/poll-not-theory-who-really-cof/

After episode: Through the Looking Glass 3.22:

The question that will simply not go away until we have a definite
answer!! Please don’t hate me for bringing it up for one zillionth
time.

A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Lost-casket_l
I have really believed till now that the person in the coffin is Michael!
But… after reading this post of Obscure’s http://www.lost-theories.com/theories/2008/apr/07/man-science-vs-man-faith-coffi/
I began thinking that it could be Locke? So I renewed my search for an
answer. Although there is no definite answer as to who it really is in
my quest to try again to find an answer I turned to Google Search!
Without revealing what I read ,This is the heading that led me to more
information: Mar 5, 2008 … They may not need to ponder for long, since
the Lost producers promised that we will find out who was in the coffin
by the end of the season …

After reading the article, it listed four of the most likely
popular suspects namely: John Locke,Michael,Ben, and Sayid Jarrah.You
may think it to be someone other than those four.Although in my opinion
the newspaper article does seem to rule out, it being a woman. I
thought that since we were promised that by the end of this season we
would finally know, that it might be a fun project to have a poll about it.

I will be the first to commit with my answer ,and I am changing my mind and saying it is Sayid.
My reasons are as follows: The writers/producers may have gave us a red
herring ,as to the location of the funeral home, that makes it seem
like it is Michael.The evidence seems too obvious in favor of Michael.
- Hoffs Drawlar ( Flash Forward ) Funeral Home - We also know that the
show seems, to never do the most obvious. - We know that Kate told Jack
in “Through the Looking Glass” “Why would I go to the funeral.” We also
know now that Sayid started working for Ben, at sometime in the
future,which could have turned Kate against him. - Since we don’t know
how much in the future the flash forward in TTLG is,it could possibly have given time for Sayid to have found his lost love Nadia,
and they could have had a son. - Sayid could have been at some time in
the future very depressed that he had worked for Ben, or he could have
even been killed and it was made to look like a suicide.

I have one other reason for my pick, but I am not revealing it as it is a possible spoiler if it turns out to be true.
So go on record with: Who you really think is in the Coffin?

Disclaimer:There will not be any reward for a right answer,nor any penalty for a wrong one !
I should add ,that the writers have stated that it is someone that we already have known since the beginning !

I have decided to update this now as the time is inching closer to the revealing of who is in the coffin.

I have also posted the names, and who they voted for.

cherry New Votes from losties.dark.bb.com

Updated May 24,2008

Michael Dawson : (15votes) Annie79 - RealSayyid - Snakeskinboots -alice1 - valeriasj - ravenontheleft - ragamuffinjoe - Nickee -StichExp626 - Eva76 - katrinicity - sittingtrees - belle13 - SunburnedPenguin - l337Jacqui

Benjamin Linus:(11 votes) Jukin - nino - DontDisJack - So_Lost -lostinthewoods - Sandamtodd - helenoftroyagain - ZAMtendo - AngeloComet
- MyStarbuckHatesLost - Shoegirl927

John Locke : (06 votes) Cheereyes - jakep - Irocz28 - Lojozz - chevy3232 - Lateralus

Sayid Jarrah : (02 votes) katesawjack - TheHolyStickman

Other Choices:

Juliet Burke : (01 vote) lockemaster7

Mr.LaShade : (01 vote) BillyGOat

Frank Lapidus : (01 vote) wtfsignmeup

Miles Straume : (01vote) highbrow

Christian Shephard : (1 vote) MollyCocktail

Vincent : (01vote) SomeArztOnYou

Spoiler:

cheereyes Apr 9, 2008 12:14 p.m. Comment: 1
I have been all over the map with who I thiink is in the coffin. First I thought it was Michael but I too thought that was just too obvious so then I thought maybe Ben but I just can’t think of any reason why Jack could care less about Ben and why Jack would assume that Kate would go to Ben’s funeral. I think it is John—the son could have been from his girlfriend that he

Annie79 Apr 9, 2008 12:48 p.m. Comment: 2
Good idea for a poll, KSJ, my vote stays with Michael, even though you seem to have something up your sleeve… lol

RealSayyid Apr 9, 2008 1:14 p.m. Comment: 3
It’s either Michael or some new character that will become bigger than life in new show.
There are no other characters from NY I know.
Michael was obvious choice for the man on the boat, and voila! he was. So drop "too obvious" argument.

snakeskinboots Apr 9, 2008 2:33 p.m. Comment: 4
im going to go with michael in the coffin,if it were locke why wouldn,t kate go? michael gets my vote 1 for the poll idea

Jukin Apr 9, 2008 2:40 p.m. Comment: 5
Well I don’t think it’s Sayid simply because the obituary said that he had a teenage son and as far as we know Sayid doesn’t have any children. If he did I would think he’d have mentioned having a son to someone - particularly Michael. Even if they are estranged I would think it would have come up.
Ben makes a lot of sense as does Michael. The key here is Hurley. Hurley traveled around the world to go to a grave that he knew was fake (Jin’s) and to see Sun’s daughter. This is guy who is very forgiving and clearly thinks of the other survivors as family. Even with everything that Ben has done to them, I would think that Hurley would still attend the funeral - especially if Ben is the one who gets them off the island (as I suspect he will). On the other hand, I could easily see the teenage son comment being a simple mistake in the obit since Alex could be a boy or girl’s name. It also makes sense that Ben’s death would push a desperate Jack over the edge since he knows the one person who could get him back to the island is now gone. (Obviously I’m a little torn on whether it’s Ben in the coffin.)

Then there’s Michael. There’s no way Hurley goes to that funeral unless it’s to stab Michael and make sure he’s dead. Hurley finally found what he believed was his true love with Libby and Michael murdered her. Hugo isn’t going to forgive him for that and certainly isn’t going to go to the funeral. But if it is Michael it doesn’t really explain Jack’s reaction to news of his death. Yes Michael managed to find a way back to the island, but if Ben is still alive Jack would still have some hope of finding a way back. I guess it still doesn’t work out for me that it would be Michael. I’m going to go with Ben being the one in the coffin.

lockemaster07 Apr 9, 2008 2:48 p.m. Comment: 6
My guess. Juliet. Why? I don’t know, but isn’t it a possibility?

Billy_G_Oat Apr 9, 2008 3:13 p.m. Comment: 7
I think it’s Mr. LaShade in the coffin. Hurley doesn’t show up because he remembers that Mr. LaShade killed Nikki on his favorite tv show. Kate doesn’t show up because she obviously didn’t watch much t.v. as a child and has no idea who Billy Dee is. Sayid doesn’t show up because he’s in Berlin doing adult things with Elsa. And Sun doesn’t show up because she is not up on American actors.
No one else shows up because Billy Dee has become a forgotten name and face in American film and television. Jack, however, has become a huge drunk and is a fan of Colt .45. He’s extremely sad that Billy Dee’s legacy has been forgotten and he will be put to rest without any fanfare. It’s heartbreaking.

scottythedog Apr 9, 2008 3:33 p.m. Comment: 8
1 to billy its def appalo creed!

katesawjack Apr 9, 2008 3:35 p.m. Comment: 9
Thanks to everyone that has their cast a vote.
I have updated to show the tally, and if there are more votes, I will try to keep updating in the body of theory until the end of this season when we are finally supposed to get our answer!!

katesawjack Apr 9, 2008 3:41 p.m. Comment: 10
Billy_G_Oat, Now that’s what I’m talkin about. Fun, We do remember fun don’t we?

nino Apr 9, 2008 4:15 p.m. Comment: 11
maybe its nobody they knew, because jack was so high he couldnt think in a clear state of mind. so when kate says why would i go to the funeral she was referring that since she didnt knew who was in the cofing she didnt have to go.
but i said its ben 1

Annie79 Apr 9, 2008 7:01 p.m. Comment: 12
FUN Yeah, I think I remember that. I know this was fun!

jakep Apr 9, 2008 8:25 p.m. Comment: 13
locke

tinywanker Apr 9, 2008 9:12 p.m. Comment: 14
that would be really funny if the person in the coffin was just some random guy, and jack was so f’d up he went and then wonders why Kate wasn’t there. That would really be the writers messing with us.

alice1 Apr 9, 2008 10:16 p.m. Comment: 15
tinywanker,
Now that would be funny!
Nevertheless, based on what we think we know, I’d say Michael.

valeriasj Apr 10, 2008 12:01 a.m. Comment: 16
Michael

ravenontheleft Apr 10, 2008 3:17 a.m. Comment: 17
Michael.

DontDisJack Apr 10, 2008 5:21 a.m. Comment: 18
Ben

wtfsignmeup Apr 10, 2008 6:18 a.m. Comment: 19
Locke gets my vote KSJ.

ragamuffinjoe Apr 10, 2008 9:20 a.m. Comment: 20
It is Vincent and the Hurley Bird (the bird that said Hurley’s name on the island). They got into a death match so vicious that their bodies could not be seperated and thus had to be buried together.
That is why Jack said "neither". He hated that dog.
Smile
It is Michael, of course. I hate it, but it is him.

To be continued....[b]

Last edited by katesawjack on Sun May 25, 2008 7:29 am; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Revisions)
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Empty Re: A Poll Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories)

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sun May 18, 2008 5:53 pm

I voted Micheal as it seems the most likley atm.

Great poll Smile
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

A Poll  Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories) Empty Re: A Poll Who really is in the coffin?(From lost-theories)

Post by StitchExp626 Sun May 18, 2008 6:09 pm

I voted michael too, but I have since changed my mind, I really really hope that it will be Ben in the coffin. Or Charlotte, I know she in no ways fits any detail in the news clipping, but to be honest I would break out a bottle of French Bubbley if she has an unfortunate death! Smile

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Sun May 18, 2008 7:39 pm

I voted Michael. I always thought Michael, then Sayid for an episode or 2 after we saw him working for ben, but I'm back to Michael now. It does seem like kind of an obvious choice, but then again it was obvious he was Ben's man on the boat lol...

I dunno, I just think he will end up killing himself even after the whole island saving. Maybe Walt still wont accept him so he go back to his old ways of trying to kill himself. But this time when he goes to commit suicide, it works because the Island doesn't need him anymore.

Or maybe he gets blown up on the freighter and it's not michael in the coffin lol Wink
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sun May 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Hi Stitch,Are you officially changing your vote to Ben Or Charlotte?
Hi Jacqui , So are you saying Michael ? bounce
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Sun May 18, 2008 10:59 pm

Yep, Michael Smile
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun May 18, 2008 11:08 pm

Hey KSJ nice to see you posted this again.

Sayid all the way.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Mon May 19, 2008 10:54 pm

As much as i hate to say it, i think it will be Locke in the coffin too.

I thought from the minute i sw that scene that Jack was distraut because he knew John was right all along and that is why he wants to go back so bad, because he was "not supposed to do this"
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Mon May 19, 2008 10:57 pm

Lateralus wrote:As much as i hate to say it, i think it will be Locke in the coffin too.

I thought from the minute i sw that scene that Jack was distraut because he knew John was right all along and that is why he wants to go back so bad, because he was "not supposed to do this"

Ooohhh...You bring up very good points there. I never thought about it that way (jack being distraught because Locke was always right). You might of just swayed me!
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Fri May 23, 2008 8:58 pm

Stickied to keep it at the top - get voting Very Happy
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sat May 24, 2008 1:29 pm

I see KSJ that me and you are the only ones who see sense here. Oh well we'll get ultimate bragging rights soon.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Fri May 30, 2008 3:11 pm

Wow. What a good episode.

Last edited by Irocz28 on Fri May 30, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Contained spoilers)
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down