Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Moving and weather changes

+4
MyStarbuckHatesLost
vincentthedog
SunburnedPenguin
Moefy
8 posters

Go down

Island Moving and weather changes Empty Island Moving and weather changes

Post by Moefy Fri May 16, 2008 11:26 pm

I dont think in terms of the island moving literally, i think jacob means to change the electromagnetic frequency around the island to different bearings, or my other theory that jacob wishes to move the island into another time ( forward, backward ). I thought this because in Charlotte's flashback, she is searching the sand and finds and dharma tag buried underneath it. i think the island was there at one point and moved again or changed the weather it had there. the weather on the island changes at some points i dont know im if right but when the two russian people were on penny's plane outside it was winter and they were very near to the island as we could see from the electromagnetic charge that was picked up on the machine. This theory isnt fullproof im just clearing my mind and want to know if any1 else has noticed this thanks.
Moefy
Moefy
Tailie

Number of posts : 28
Humor : Random stuff
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Joe

Back to top Go down

Island Moving and weather changes Empty Re: Island Moving and weather changes

Post by SunburnedPenguin Fri May 16, 2008 11:29 pm

I have noticed that actually, when we saw Charlotte with the skeleton and the collar, I thought perhaps the island had been there at some point.... somehow....it does make a lot more sense now knwoing what we do about the island moving scratch
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Sat May 17, 2008 1:27 am

I didn`t think of that, great idea. Most likly moved in time and space.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sat May 17, 2008 7:00 am

Interesting. I'm thinking that they are being literal in the sense of Physically moving the island. They could also be speaking of moving the island through time.

Of course, the island moving from time to time would explain how it has not been stumbled upon very often in the past.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Sat May 17, 2008 8:32 am

Look, I don't know if this fits here but I have been pondering it for a while. Ben lives on an island in the south pacific (or so we all think), wouldn't he be tanned all the time???? So why does Widmore say anything about Ben looking tan? Wouldn't Ben be tan all the time? Maybe this moving the island fits into that. Although I don't believe so. But that happened in the future, so I guess that it could.
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sat May 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Good point Hope, perhaps it has something to do with the light scattering strangely as Faraday says.
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JimReaper Sun May 18, 2008 3:20 am

Thats a great idea. I can't believe it never crossed my mind. I think that is something like what they will end up doing, not moving it literally, but like your first idea they'll change the electromagnetic field and thereby change the bearing that the island is accessible from, effectively moving the island.
JimReaper
JimReaper
Tailie

Number of posts : 38
Humor : Yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sun May 18, 2008 2:46 pm

The others have a huge supply of Dharma sunblock spf-4,815,162,342...that stuff works!

Sunburned...good observation on the "light-scattering" line.

However, Losties like Kate and Sawyer always seem to have a pretty good tan.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Sun May 18, 2008 8:06 pm

Hope wrote:Look, I don't know if this fits here but I have been pondering it for a while. Ben lives on an island in the south pacific (or so we all think), wouldn't he be tanned all the time???? So why does Widmore say anything about Ben looking tan? Wouldn't Ben be tan all the time? Maybe this moving the island fits into that. Although I don't believe so. But that happened in the future, so I guess that it could.

Hmm I don't know. I went to Costa Rica for 3 weeks to live in the actual rainforest (that's right, no hotels, no luxury, haha...actually living in the scary rainforest) and the canopy of the trees were so dense that not very much light got through. I mean, you knew it was daytime, but there weren't very many open areas, so sun didn't hit us all the time. Or, at least in very little patches, plus we were constantly moving.

When we came back after the full 3 weeks of being there I was only a little tan (and a little disappointed! Haha...I was hoping for a nice tan!) I mostly got tan the last 5 days when we were close to a beach and I was studying tidepools out in the open with no canopy to shade us.

So, I mean, he has been living there his whole life practically so it's different than 3 weeks, but he might be in the right range of tan lol
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Mon May 19, 2008 7:56 pm

I am torn between literarly moving in space and time or its just a change of the bearings to find the island. I lean more towards a change of the bearings since so many people seem to know them now. It the freighter people know them then so does widmore. Chaning the bearings in effect moves the island since you would have to know the new bearing to get back.
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down