Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After turning the wheel, is Ben teleported into the future?

+6
vincentthedog
AngeloComet
wtfsignmeup
l337Jacqui
Irocz28
tracker
10 posters

Go down

After turning the wheel, is Ben teleported into the future? Empty After turning the wheel, is Ben teleported into the future?

Post by tracker Sat May 31, 2008 3:40 am

In The shape of things to come, we see Ben arrive in the desert in the Hallowax "Dharka" (copyright DCLostie) with a cut on his arm. This cut obviously comes from his fall down the ladder at the Orchid. In the next scene, he registers in a hotel. The date, according to the clerk, is Oct 24, 2005.

Either Ben was somewhere else for a considerable amount of time between the two scenes (about 9 months) or when the island disappeared, he was transported into the future.

I recall there was much debate on the forums if he time traveled or not (or "just" wormholed to another location)
tracker
tracker
Others

Number of posts : 237
Humor : Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.......Archie Bunker
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

After turning the wheel, is Ben teleported into the future? Empty Re: After turning the wheel, is Ben teleported into the future?

Post by Irocz28 Sat May 31, 2008 5:56 am

Yeah i agree. I think we now know that he had to have traveled through time. He had the same outfit on with the same cut.
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

After turning the wheel, is Ben teleported into the future? Empty Re: After turning the wheel, is Ben teleported into the future?

Post by l337Jacqui Sat May 31, 2008 6:00 am

Yep, definitely went into the future Smile
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Sat May 31, 2008 7:34 am

Ben was teleported 9 or 10 months into the future, so where in time is the island?
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Sat May 31, 2008 10:06 am

Yeah, WTF, I think we now have conclusive proof of genuine time travel on the show. No wriggle room for the producers to talk their way around it, I think.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:20 pm

AngeloComet wrote:Yeah, WTF, I think we now have conclusive proof of genuine time travel on the show. No wriggle room for the producers to talk their way around it, I think.
Even Ben said time traveling bunnies.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:59 pm

Absolutely I think he is in the future.

I think he has gotten straight onto the business of tracking down Widmore and his lackies so that he can eventually, somehow, move the island back without the risk of Widmore finding it again. I think all of the 06 will be working together with Ben through season 5. The island would have to be moved back after 9-10 months have passed though so that they come back to a time-line with no Widmore.
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DCLostie Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:17 pm

Tracker...while I'd love to take credit for the invention of the term "Dharka", I got the term from a Cuse and Lideloff podcast. BTW I agree that Ben and the island both traveled through time but not necesarrily in the same direction.
DCLostie
DCLostie
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by solarchap Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:40 pm

when the Island disappeared, it reminded me so much of the ship in The Philadelphia experiment.

I think the very mention of the bunny being shifted 100 ms into the future, was the mental prelude to concluding that the Island itself has been time-shifted forwards, it is still exactly where it is, only X amount of years in the future.

it only appeared to disappear to any observers because they did not move with it and have not caught up with it yet.

We don't know the true mechanism of how it worked yet, but as far as Ben goes, I wonder if Occam's Razor should apply here i.e. Is it not simpler to assume that the Donkey-Pawn is time-shifted the same amount of time as the island is, albeit exiting in a different space?

Or is there a need to invent yet another mechanism to explain how, why, when Ben appeared where he did?

One question I also ask myself is why Ben had to ask what year it was? almost as if there is some randomness in the process, perhaps the donkey-pawn never knows the parameters of the time-shift until they get there?

It's going to be a loooooooooooooong summer again!!
solarchap
solarchap
Others

Number of posts : 263
Humor : Lots
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Dirk Diggler

Back to top Go down

Post by chirpey1987 Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:03 pm

solarchap wrote:one question I also ask myself is why Ben had to ask what year it was? almost as if there is some randomness in the process, perhaps the donkey-pawn never knows the parameters of the time-shift until they get there?

It's going to be a loooooooooooooong summer again!!

good point solarchap
chirpey1987
chirpey1987
Others

Number of posts : 218
Humor : haha

Character sheet
Name: Amy-Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down