Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports

+7
blonde
StitchExp626
retroactiveman
MyStarbuckHatesLost
Caged_Faraday
Irocz28
vincentthedog
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Sports

Post by vincentthedog Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:05 pm

Anyone watching the Summer Olympics? I have to say I have been hooked! I used to swim competitvely so Michael Phelps has been more then a joy to watch. I still can`t belive he touched first on that butterfly final. I also love the volleyball especially the womens beach volleyball. Gymnastics, Diving and basketball have had me up very late this last week.

I also enjoy watching other countries, the best the world has to offer. Yes there has been alot of controversy with scores, touch pads, lip syncing, store fronts and pollution but these games have gotten to me and I was wondering who else was enjoing watching them.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by tracker Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:23 pm

I could not believe Phelps won that butterfly event either. The slow motion replay shows it almost to be a tie but I guess Phelps activated the sensor faster (or harder)
tracker
tracker
Others

Number of posts : 237
Humor : Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.......Archie Bunker
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Vee Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:37 am

LMAO They call it football when its not even a ball because a ball is round not shaped like a ruptured spleen ..They think American football is tough when they wear ALL that padding lol...Real football is a mans game and the ball is a ball (Sphericle) (round) and the only protection worn is Shin pads ..Sorry I shouldnt be saying all this because I'm half American on my Dads side but I just can't stand the game or the woosies that play it .The game of baseball or NHL however are terrific games that came from America (Didn't they) I bet some European will tell us that baseball is based on an old European game called "Rounders" and hockey came from some other country not America ..Back to the subject in hand the greatest "Football" team in the world today is Chelsea F.C. ,Just watch this season, that by the way America has just started ..Football is played from now until next May that is all the way through the winter in all weathers ..Sorry if this upsets anybody
Peace
John
Comeon you " BLUES"
John_Vee
John_Vee
Others

Number of posts : 105
Humor : Tibius
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Character sheet
Name: John the Impaler

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:47 am

I have not watched any of the Olympics and wont.....I am horrified at what is going on behind the scenes there! Shocked
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:36 pm

I respectfully disagree with you John_Vee. Yes they have pads but they also actually hit each other. They use one of the greatest gifts giving to mankind, our hands and no one does a silly split hopeing to hit the ball but avoid contacting the player. I used to play SOCCER as a kid but grew out of it as many Americans do. FOOTBALL is a strategic game that I very much enjoy. pale

SunnyP I agree but its not the fault of the amazing athelits around the world and the world records that have been broken are unbelivable.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Vee Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:00 pm

Vincent have you ever watched Rugby .That is a game similar to your football and they hit each other and tackle each other and punch and kick and bite But they dont wear padding ..Anyway I was only winding you up and I do watch American football as I love all sport in fact I am a supporter of West Virginia mountaineers and Marshall University ..
Peace
John (Ex British athlete from Osnobruck European games 1962)
(Ex Youth Soccer player) Had Trial for Luton Town but injured before contract could be signed
(Ex Youth team coach for Luton Town soccer team 1968-1972)
I also love Motor Racing (Spectator) F1,Touring Cars,formala 2,Formula 2000,and yes Nascar
Yes I am watching the olympics and spending many late nights doing so and LOving it ...Its a shame about what is going on in China and oher places but sport is sport and should allways be seperate from polatics ect.
John_Vee
John_Vee
Others

Number of posts : 105
Humor : Tibius
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Character sheet
Name: John the Impaler

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:35 pm

As they say it`s all good John! And yes one of my best friends played Rugby for The Cidital military school a very tough game indeed.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum