Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Rock

+11
retroactiveman
MyStarbuckHatesLost
Caged_Faraday
Lateralus
Shion
BlackRock
Lojozz
SomeArztOnYou
AngeloComet
shambala
Irocz28
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Black Rock - Page 2 Empty Re: The Black Rock

Post by retroactiveman Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:36 am

Faraday, I think the answer to your problem is island rising plus tsunami plus trampolines.
retroactiveman
retroactiveman
Others

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: johnny fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:59 am

retroactiveman wrote:Faraday, I think the answer to your problem is island rising plus tsunami plus trampolines.
Does a four-toed statue possess the balance necessary to utilize a trampoline?

OK, I'm getting out of hand.

Alas, I think unless there's a 3rd option, I think I'm going to be disappointed with the Black Rock mystery answer.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by retroactiveman Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:32 am

Third option: not trampolines ... stilts; after all wasn't Jeremy Bentham who called the Declaration of the Rights of Man "nonsense on stilts"; I think that we have the nonsense covered

Fourth option; Baron von Munchausen aka Magnus Hanso (its an anagram):

The Black Rock - Page 2 Baron-Von-Munchausen_1

Final scene of lost: a big Terry Gilliam foot stomping us all out. It would feel good
retroactiveman
retroactiveman
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:29 am

The great thing about this show is that, you could believe that a tsunami washed it up, or you could go all mystical and say the island moved and got it.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:31 am

Or three HSM it could have been moved their deliberately to cover up another Dharma Station that is underneath it perhaps?
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:17 am

Probably it 'beamed' there in a kind of reverse Casimir Effect. Like Ben was booted off the Island, the Black Rock was booted onto it. Right in the middle. Where it remained ever since.

I say "probably". Probably I mean "maybe".
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by retroactiveman Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:25 am

Stitch, how cold is it to the Dharma station below it? What gear would be required?
retroactiveman
retroactiveman
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:01 am

retroactiveman wrote:Stitch, how cold is it to the Dharma station below it? What gear would be required?

I have a feeling that there is some means of entering the station in the Black Rock ship. When we first encountered the ship what was strange was the lack of dust and dirt on the floor. Maybe the box that ben has talked about is located beneath the ship.

As to 'how cold' or do you mean 'how far', I would say not far just below and how cold, not very.

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by retroactiveman Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:32 am

Stitch,

A very interesting suggestion.

A few questions:

What do you make of the skeletons?

The Black Rock - Page 2 Dead_slaves

Fabricated?

Sweating dynamite, placed by whom?

Why would Widmore buy the log/manifest?

This is a better explanation than the previous two (not counting the Baron von Munchausen).

Rm

Last edited by retroactiveman on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
retroactiveman
retroactiveman
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:07 am

Locke brought Cooper to the Black Rock, after he couldn't kill him when Ben had him tied to the pillar.

The "Box" idea sounds pretty cool.And that would be a nice spot underneath it. Maybe like someone "wished" for a way off, and *poof* heres a boat. I never really bought the "box" though.
At first got all excited why Ben first mentioned it. But I think thats a nice fairy tale Ben made up to confuse Locke. Bens response to Lockes question "is this the magic box?" was kind of like a parents reponse to a child asking "Is this really where Santa lives?"

Then i thought about what Cooper said about getting to the island.
COOPER: Island? OK. I'm driving down I10 through Tallahassee when bam, somebody slams into the back of my car. I go right into the divider at seventy miles an hour, the next thing I know, the paramedics are strapping me to a gurney, stuffing me into the back of an ambulance and one of them actually smiles at me as he pops the IV in my arm. And then, nothing. Just, black. And the next thing I know I wake up in a dark room tied up, gag in my mouth, and when the door opens, I'm looking up at the same man I threw out a window, John Locke. My dead son.

Juliette came to the island only because of a bus accident that couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Then there is jack on the bridge;

DR. HAMILL: But then she described the series of events that caused her accident. She says she was driving over the bridge when she saw man standing on top of the railing, about to jump off. She was distracted, lost control of her car. She ran into the median, rolled over and was hit by the van behind her.

I always figured that if the Others could manipulate Juliettes ex being killed by a bus, why not do the same thing to kidnapp Cooper, and even stop Jack from killing himself(distracting Jack with someone he knows he can save.)
(maybe the Temple is like that thing Ben Affleck made in Paycheck. Anyone see that?)
But... I can even go with the island not letting Jack die like Michael. I mean what else could it do, make the river turn into Jell-o so Jack just bounces off?

Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by JacksEyes Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:46 pm

Could the island be a 4 dimensional object?

If you are all familiar with imagining 4 dimensional objects as they would appear in our three dimensional world then I apologise for the following.

If a 4 dimensional island “appeared” (ie arrived at) a point in our world, then our 3-D perception of it would be that of a very small object (say pebble-like) appearing at a point, growing to something bigger (a rock), continuing to grow (very large boulder) until eventually a whole island. So the island would have expanded out from a single point, gathering up the Black Rock as it grew.

There are some nice animated graphics here illustratinging what I mean:

http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/math/4D/hcube-slices/welcome.html

Just a thought!

Here’s another one.

The Black Rock sailed onto the island. Then the island moved. Unfortunately the sea wasn’t as deep in its new position so the Black Rock was stranded inland.
JacksEyes
JacksEyes
Tailie

Number of posts : 23
Humor : Aqueous
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by SamiLost Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:24 pm

From the Lostpidia.com Canon, we learn that at the auction scene where Widmore buys the Black Rock journal, the date they give for the disappearance is 1845. I think this has to be chalked up to a mistake by the writers, because dynamite wasn’t invented until 1864.Then, we are given the year 1881 for the Black Rock’s disappearance in the “The Lost Experience”, that according to Lostpedia is part of the shows official canon.

Why does it have to be that the island moved through the time? Maybe it was the Black Rock that went into a wormhole and appeared on the island?!! Maybe that's what Ben meant when he said that he thinks he knows a way to get to the island! "Through the wormhole that took the Black rock of 1881 which was sailing in the sea and made it appear in year 1864 in the middle of the island!" (do i make sense?)
scratch
SamiLost
SamiLost
Lostie

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: SamiLuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content