Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Lost will end in 2010--the Final scene of the series...

+13
BiffyEwan
shoegirl927
Irocz28
Lojozz
blonde
katesawjack
MollyCocktail
vincentthedog
StitchExp626
TheHolyStickman
AngeloComet
SamiLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How Lost will end in 2010--the Final scene of the series... Empty How Lost will end in 2010--the Final scene of the series...

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:30 pm

I’ve heard it said that Lost will end in chaos just as it began. I originally thought that it might end with Jack and Kate on the island in the past with them becoming the “Adam and Eve” who were found in the caves.
But here is a different take written as a narrative.

Close up on an eye. It opens, the look of shock fills it.
Jack Shephard looked up into the jungle canopy over his head, long stalks of bamboo surrounded him as he laid in confusion on the warm ground. His head cleared while his heart still raced.
‘Déjà vu? No, this is real.’ he thought. He had been here before. This had all happened before. It wasn’t déjà vu or an old memory, this had happened before and it was exactlylike this!
He looked to his left, knowing what he would see. The dog stared at Jack. A large dog with a collar, not a thin and hungry wild animal but a pet.
“Vincent…” The words barely made a sound as they left Jack’s lips.
Vincent barked once and ran towards Jack, not stopping as he jumped over him and continued on into the jungle.
Jack sat up and struggled to his feet, leaning against the bamboo for support. He reached around to the left side of his ribs and pulled his hand back out from under his black Armani suit jacket. The blood on his hand did not surprise him.
Horror coursed through him as he quickly thrust his hand into his right jacket pocket and pulled out two tiny bottles of alcohol, the ones that the fight attendant Cindy gave to him.
“No, no, no…not again…” he muttered to himself, almost as if pleading with the Gods to change what was happening to him.
He was back. The crash, the island, the nightmare of it all, it was beginning again just as it had before.
Jack threw himself away from the bamboo and ran as fast as he could, trying to escape the horror he was reliving. He struggled through the dense jungle foliage and finally burst out into a clearing. He saw a serene beach, the waves lapping onto the shore in the sort of view one might see on a post card. He fought the urge to look to his left, knowing what he would see. The smoke, the flames, the wreckage of both aircraft and people, blood and pain and death…that was the sight that awaited him.
He was about to turn, to face what he knew as only a few hundred feet down the beach, when he heard a voice from behind him.
“Jack!” the voice shouted.
He turned with a start and saw who had called out to him. Jack froze, shock and confusion overtook him and he struggled to find words. He now could hear screams coming from the wreckage that he knew was just beyond the trees but he stood transfixed.
His words finally came to him, his voice unsure and screaming disbelief.
“This isn’t possible…you’re…you’re….
“Yes Jack, I’m dead.” said Christian Shephard, a peaceful smile on his face. He took a small step towards his son and Jack instinctively backed away, unsure how to react to the sight of his dead father.
“You are dead,” Jack spit out, almost angrily. “I saw you dead! You were in a morgue, dead!”
“Jack, that doesn’t matter.“ He continued before Jack could reply. “I know this is confusing for you but there’s a purpose to all of this.”
“Purpose!” Jack shouted, anger being the only emotion he could find. “What is the purpose dad? Why the hell am I back here, reliving this all over again? What’s the damned purpose?!”
Christian still smiled and replied, “You don’t know yet, do you Jack? You don’t understand yet what this place is, what it means…you don’t understand yet…”
“No Dad, I don’t understand…why I’m here, why I’m back on this God-forsaken island, why…”
“Its not an island Jack, its more than that, its someplace so special that most people could never understand”
“Special,” Jack half laughed. He took on a mocking tone as he continued. “I know, its my destiny to be on this island, right?”
“I told you Jack,” Christian said, the peaceful smile still on his face. “its not an island.”
“Fine dad, its not an island.” Jack replied, throwing his hands up in frustration. “Just what the hell is it then?”
“Its your chance to make things right Jack. To make right all the things that were wrong before you got here.”
Jack stared at his father as his words sank in, unsure how to respond.
Christian stepped forward to Jack who did not recoil this time. He placed his hands on his son’s shoulders and continued.
“Jack, this is your chance to fix things…and mine too.
Jack fought back tears as he looked into his father’s eyes, seeing for the first time the man he had known all of his life.
“I always wanted you to know, Jack, how proud I was of you…every day of my life I was proud of the man you were. I just wasn’t man enough to tell you.”
Christian let his hands drop and turned away from his son.
“Wait, where are you going?”
Christian turned back to Jack with a devilish smile on his face. “I’m going thataway Jack.” nodding his head towards the heart of the island.
“Will I ever see you again Dad?”
“No Jack, you won’t…but you won't need to. And besides, I’ll always be with you.” He looked into Jack’s eyes, squaring his shoulders to speak to his son. "Besides son, you have work to do.”
“Work to do…?” Jack repeated, unsure of what his father meant.
Christian nodded to the beach where the wreckage of flight 815 burned. Jack looked back over his shoulder towards the area where he knew his once and future friends were. And at that moment he realized what he had to do. He looked back to his father but Christian Shephard was gone.
Jack felt the loss of his father again and wondered if his dad would ever again appear to him. But in his heart, he knew he wouldn't.
He then silently counted to himself ‘1,2,3,4,5...’ and took a deep breath. He turned and ran towards the wreckage of flight 815, knowing what needed to be done.
When he was gone, Christian Shephard looked to the spot where his son had stood just a moment before. He knew Jack would be alright as a tear ran down his cheek.
“Goodbye son…I love you.” Christian Shephard turned from the beach and headed into the jungle, all that he was, slowly fading away as if carried off on the tropical breezes that blew across the lost island.

Fade to black
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

How Lost will end in 2010--the Final scene of the series... Empty Re: How Lost will end in 2010--the Final scene of the series...

Post by SamiLost Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:39 pm

I really like this!! It seems like the fracture to the skull has done some wonders! tongue

I like the way you've presented it too. I can feel the emotion. I'm at work now and really really busy. I can't afford to read any lost theories at the moment or give comments. But I couldn't help it this time. I just had to give you a 1+ Very Happy
SamiLost
SamiLost
Lostie

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: SamiLuck

Back to top Go down

How Lost will end in 2010--the Final scene of the series... Empty Re: How Lost will end in 2010--the Final scene of the series...

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks Sami.
Yes the fractured skull has done me good. But I still can't beat Mr. Eko at checkers!
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:54 pm

It's got thematic resonance for Jack. . . but my ultimat problem with the 'do-over' aspect is that we've basically spent our entire time watching the wrong version of events play out.

Personally, that makes me feel a little gypped.

Well-written, though. I enjoyed it. I just don't want it to be so!
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Very well written MSHL, this could be a ending for lost and I like it more than your other one back on LT.com My only problem is that Jacks dad says the last words. lol!
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:11 pm

AC said
It's got thematic resonance for Jack. . . but my ultimat[e] problem with the 'do-over' aspect is that we've basically spent our entire time watching the wrong version of events play out.

Personally, that makes me feel a little gypped.

I think that if Jack was to go back to the day of the crash then with the knowledge that he now has he could get everyone rescued within about 24 hours. He now knows where the Hatch is and where Desmond is and also knows that Desmond's yacht can be found. He knows the correct bearing for leaving the island. He knows where Rousseaus's message is being transmitted from. He even knows where the cockpit and the tail of Flight 815 is. He knows where the Others live and knows that Ethan and Goodwin are really one of the Others.

My guess is that they could go back to the starting point and within a 2 hour finale show Jack doing all the right things and getting everyone rescued. Maybe the cost of that is that the island wont let Jack be rescued, and maybe Kate this time decides to stay at Jack's side. Maybe they get sent back in time and become Adam and Eve.

MSHL, very well written and ties in so nicely with the Dark Tower series and the Lost game!!

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:07 pm

I agree Stitch that Jack could do everything "right" this time around but I belive no one is destined to be rescued, I think it will end with everyone living and working together on and for the island.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:59 pm

That would work for me too Vincent!

Though if this is the ending then they would have needed to film it at the same time as the pilot. As it would break believability if it goes back to the day of the crash and Walt is like taller than Michael!

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:46 pm

Very nicely written!

But I hate Jack. I've always hated Jack.
He pouts too much.

I want LOST to end with Jack's death.
If he wants to redeem himself, that seems to me the best way to do so.
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Number of posts : 325
Humor : Insane

Character sheet
Name: Jacob

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:29 pm

A special addition for Molly and all other jack haters:

..The sun was just touching the horizon at the end of the long day. Jack watched the helicopter with the last of the flight 815 survivors moving away towards the aircraft carrier in the distance and rescue.

He turned from the beach, satisifed that he had gotten it right this time and began walking to his new home in the caves.

Suddenly, a polar bear leaps from the jungle and eats Jack.

Zoom in on Jack's right eye (which is now laying on the beach near his foot)

Fade to black.

THE END

Last edited by MyStarbuckHatesLost on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:00 am

I like the new one! MSHL.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:31 pm

MyStarbuckHatesLost wrote:A special addition for Molly and all other jack haters:

..The sun was just touching the horizon at the end of the long day. Jack watched the helicopter with the last of the flight 815 survivors moving away towards the aircraft carrier in the distance and rescue.

He turned from the beach, satisifed that he had gotten it right this time and began walking to his new home in the caves.

Suddenly, a ploar bear leaps from the jungle and eats Jack.

Zoom in on Jack's right eye (which is now laying on the beach near his foot)

Fade to black.

THE END

AWESOME!!!!!!

cheers bounce lol! Very Happy
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Number of posts : 325
Humor : Insane

Character sheet
Name: Jacob

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:14 pm

MSHL, I really think that was well written. I like the first scenario best though.Me thinks it may have been done before though... Hmmm
I really want ,no I need closure for the Losties though, so I hope this is not what happens......

katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by blonde Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:31 pm

I am with Stich.....most people would be happy with that ending & it could be done well.
blonde
blonde
Others

Number of posts : 437
Humor : +1

Character sheet
Name: Tallulah-Raye

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:43 pm

MSHL well written.

A few questions.

When does this happen? Does it just start over with Jack having retained his memories? Has jack 'Mind Travelled' back to day 1? If so then he would probably be happy to be back, given how keen he is in the FF's.

If he has 'mind travelled' can he change the past/present/future? What of course correction and destiny?
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:04 pm

I like it MSHL, how about another one with Boobies in it!
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:17 pm

Working on that for the 18+ fiction section HSM
Very Happy
Lojozz, I would think he would mind travel back as his own personal course correction. Love him or not, Jack started out as the focus/ "hero" of the show and even if he drifts, Lost is his story of ultimate redemption. He would retain his memories. After going through hell, this would be his chance to make things right.

Well, I'm off to Niagara falls and I'll post hundreds of pics here because I know that there is NOTHING people like better than pictures of other people's vacations!
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:32 pm

Nice one MSHL. Is this kind of like how Desmond relived his past in that episode in season 3, I think it was "Flashes before your eyes"?

And I do think, like Molly, that Lost will end with Jack's death. There really isn't anything for him to live for anyway, at least back in the real world.
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:48 pm

Actually maybe Jack dies of a broken heart because a) Kate will finally decide on Sawyer, b) Juliette will finally go for Ben and c) Claire, well she is his half sister, bummer to find that bit of information.

So Jack will miss out on the whole romance and then dies as life is not worth living!

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegirl927 Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:09 am

Very well written! Love it!

shoegirl927
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by BiffyEwan Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:02 pm

Sorry, but i found it a bit soppy.

BiffyEwan
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moefy Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:17 pm

if anyone has finished the video game, you kno the ending i wont tell anyone who hasnt played it, a similiar event occurs - maybe a clue to the actual series?
Moefy
Moefy
Tailie

Number of posts : 28
Humor : Random stuff
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:01 pm

I think the game ended that way so as to allow the game part 2 to be developed!!
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Haven`t played could someone pm me the clue as I don`t think
I will be playing the game.
Cool
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Vee Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:46 am

I don't know how true this is but Iv'e heard that there will be 3 alternative endings shown over a three week period
John_Vee
John_Vee
Others

Number of posts : 105
Humor : Tibius
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Character sheet
Name: John the Impaler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next