Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll (Who is in the Coffin) Part 2(comments)

+5
MyStarbuckHatesLost
StitchExp626
SomeArztOnYou
AngeloComet
katesawjack
9 posters

Go down

Poll (Who is in the Coffin) Part 2(comments) Empty Poll (Who is in the Coffin) Part 2(comments)

Post by katesawjack Fri May 16, 2008 10:11 pm

This is a continuation ,as I couldn't get it all in one post. Smile

katesawjack Apr 10, 2008 9:46 a.m. Comment: 21
This outpouring of votes from all the many long time users on this site warms my Heart !! As another long time user on this site,(that has not been around much lately ) used to say, I Love you Guys…This is the way it should be…

Irocz28 Apr 10, 2008 7:49 p.m. Comment: 22
Hey KSJ, nice post +1.
I have thought for a while and still think it is Locke. I have my own post on the subject (but it wasn’t very well recieved haha)

http://www.lost-theories.com/theories/2008/mar/02/must-read-coffin/

katesawjack Apr 10, 2008 8:20 p.m. Comment: 23
Irocz, I actually was going to try and update the post, to try and include some of the other posts about who is in the coffin,including yours. Although I am sure, as you know there are an abundance of theories to go through when you try to recognize similar theories ! There have been several on this topic, and I will be glad to finally put that question to rest when it happens.Thanks :-)

So_Lost Apr 10, 2008 9:35 p.m. Comment: 24
I know who I think it isn’t…Michael. I think it is a white man, and my best guess would be Ben. And by best, I mean totally unsure.

Nickee Apr 10, 2008 10:08 p.m. Comment: 25
Sticking with mike

StitchExp626 Apr 10, 2008 11:34 p.m. Comment: 26
Michael but could be Bernard … ok Michael

lostinthewoods Apr 11, 2008 12:35 a.m. Comment: 27

this is from one of my serious, not joking around post…….
BEN……The newspaper says that it is John Lantham…..We know how these creators of lost like to use famous mathematicians and philosphers well…John/ Jeremy Bentham was a famous philospher…..The creators took the BEN out and took out the LAN…..
Also did anyone notice that the funeral parlors name Hoffs/Drawler was an anagram for Flash Forward..And does the book lying next to the coffin look like Bens Dairy or is that just me reading too much into this stuff…I love this show!!! [size=9]

Eva76 Apr 11, 2008 7:58 a.m. Comment: 28
I am going with Michael.

Sandamtodd Apr 11, 2008 1:08 p.m. Comment: 29
I am leaning toward Ben. Michael would not be a suprise, but Ben feels right to me. In that mobisode where Jack and Ben are playing chess he tells Jack he may want to return to the island someday as he was leaving on the Sub and that he wouldn’t be able to. Jack doesn’t seem to care about this at the time. I think Ben was Jack’s last shot at getting back. I know it says in the news article that whoever it is hung themself, Maybe John Locke took Ben’s leader role on the island and the island was done with Ben so maybe he could kill himself. Does Ben have a son? Maybe. We don’t know yet. Could it be Sayid? Maybe. That is why I love this show. Whomever it is I hope it will not be a let down.
In case it was unclear my vote is: Ben
katesawjack +1 from me.

katesawjack Apr 11, 2008 3:28 p.m. Comment: 30
Sandamtodd, Thanks for voting ! For a minute there, I thought I might have another person to join me in thinking it is Sayid ! But I’m beginning to think I will be the only one that does. I really do have a good reason to believe it might be him though ! I think??? lol

Katrinicity Apr 14, 2008 12:15 p.m. Comment: 31
I’ve never ever ever ever formed an opinion until now about who is in the coffin.
But just for the heck of it, I’m going with Micheal. +1

helenoftroyagain Apr 17, 2008 9:16 a.m. Comment: 32
i had a theroy of Claire but my vote will go to Ben this time!

sitting_in_trees Apr 17, 2008 10:11 a.m. Comment: 33
When Through The Looking Glass aired in May 2007 it wasn´t official that Harold Perrineau returns to Lost. So my guess is, that the producers didn´t put Michael in that coffin. At least not then.
If I consider the newspaper clipping as given, then the coffin´s candidate had killed himself. We all know, that Locke had serious mental issues, before getting to the island. Therefore I think, if he ever leaves this beloved place, he´ll be forced by someone or something - this would put him back into his former depressive state. Locke inclines to suicide attempts, if being in despair (also seen in TTLG, when he keeps the dead DI people company in that ditch).
Next option is Mr. Linus: Sorry, but I can´t imagine a suicidal Ben. Him in that coffin would only make sense, if he´s faking his own death.
My conclusion: When TTLG was produced, I think it was meant to be Locke. But with the return of Michael, the producers opened the way to new eventualities. They did a very good job with that mystery.
So, what´s my choice? Well, I say, it´s Michael.

belle13 Apr 17, 2008 11:29 a.m. Comment: 34
my vote goes to micheal. mainly because i wont miss him that much so i really hope it is him. lol. hope it isnt ben or locke cos they are both really interesting characters and they should be on the island.
but then, as long as it isnt sawyer, i wont really mind who it is. just please let sawyer live!!!!!

ZAMtendo May 3, 2008 11:18 p.m. Comment: 35
Ben. Makes sense because he may have been Jacks way of getting back onto the island…and Kate doesn’t want to go back and therefore doesn’t care…
Maybe Jack isn’t mourning Ben, but mourning that he has no way of getting back to the island!

wtfsignmeupMay 3, 200811:26 p.m.Comment: 36

I’m going to retract my previous guess of Locke and my new prediction is…

Lapidus.

His guilt about whatever happens during the rescue combined with his
survivors guilt due to his friend the pilot dying instead of him will
drive him to suicide and that will be Jacks best chance of getting back
to the island gone. Kate wouldn’t go to the funeral as she didn’t
really know him and for what ever goes down in the finale.

katesawjack May 4, 2008 12:57 p.m. Comment: 37

wtf, I like your reasoning, but I am pretty sure that the PTB
have said … It is someone we have known from the beginning. But I
changed your vote anyway. I may change mine before we finally
know the answer for sure.lol

AngeloComet May 4, 2008 12:57 p.m. Comment: 38
My first instinct was Ben, and I’ve seen nothing since that disputes my complete and utter gut-feeling guess. So I go with Ben.

MyStarbuckHatesLost May 4, 2008 10:42 p.m. Comment: 39
As usual, I am pretty late on voting but as I have said in roughly 3,649 of my posts I think it is Ben. See any one of my too many posts on this subject for the reson why.
Unless its a polar bear Smile
+1 for KSJ just for always being nice on this site!
+1

Lojozz May 5, 2008 11:13 a.m. Comment: 40
I’m gonna go with Locke.

shoegirl927 May 6, 2008 10:49 p.m. Comment: 41
I say Ben.

shoegirl927 May 6, 2008 10:53 p.m. Comment: 42
Ben.

highbrow May 7, 2008 12:48 p.m. Comment: 43
Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles.

chevy3232 May 8, 2008 12:54 p.m. Comment: 44

i say locke… it would be the most powerful –> also hadn’t heard that one of the O6 was to die… i say boo

highbrow May 8, 2008 4:36 p.m. Comment: 45
MIles Straume has obviously recieved 77 votes

katesawjack May 8, 2008 11:25 p.m. Comment: 46
highbrow, But only one counts. ;-)[/font]

TheHolyStickmanMay 11, 2008 4:12 p.m. Comment: 47
Hey Katesawjack im with ya. Sayid all the way. It just fits.
2 votes for Sayid +1

katesawjack
May 11, 2008 6:04 p.m. Comment: 48
Yay Stickman, Someone finally agrees with me.Thanks for the vote. Smile

highbrow May 11, 2008 7:56 p.m. Comment: 49
sigh… fine….

Last edited by katesawjack on Sat May 24, 2008 4:59 am; edited 5 times in total
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Poll (Who is in the Coffin) Part 2(comments) Empty Re: Poll (Who is in the Coffin) Part 2(comments)

Post by AngeloComet Mon May 19, 2008 11:11 pm

KSJ - I hope you've got all this collated properly and under control. . . This sprawling, multi-threaded, cross-website spanning poll you've been running since the dawn of man! I hope you've got it under control!
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Poll (Who is in the Coffin) Part 2(comments) Empty Re: Poll (Who is in the Coffin) Part 2(comments)

Post by SomeArztOnYou Tue May 20, 2008 2:07 am

I know exactly what the coffin holds. Who wants me to spoil it?
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 800
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Otto Hanren

http://www.myspace.com/lawnmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Tue May 20, 2008 2:08 am

I won't if you guys want it to be kept a secret, but I have the answer - from a very reliable source.
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Tue May 20, 2008 3:06 am

Hi SAOY, I would really really love it if you were to give us a hint on who is in the coffin. I really do not want it spoiled for everyone BUT I think that I have a great question that you can answer with a simple yes or no, which will allow me to pretty much know who it is without spoiling it for everyone.

The excitement is making my hands sweat, and my heart is palpitating, and now I will have to wait until you read this and wait until I see the magic word YES, (and please please let it be YES), if the answer is NO I will jump off my balcony, it is amazing how much damage I could do with that 1 metre fall.

Ok SAOY, my question is, and please answer honestly, ok, "Is the identity of the occupant of the coffin one of the identities that have been put forward by a poster yet?" Please, please say yes?
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Tue May 20, 2008 4:00 am

No.
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Tue May 20, 2008 5:46 am

Ok it's over the balcony for me!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh

Hey guys relax I survived!!!

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Tue May 20, 2008 1:22 pm

Hope you're not confined to a wheelchair now.
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Tue May 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Wanna hear my over-the-top, no f-ing way candidates?

Jack's ex Sarah
or
Mikhail
or
Richard Alpert
or
Seth Norris (Not Seth_Norris)
or
a non-polar bear bear. You know, like a brown bear or a black bear or even Yogi Bear (but not Boo-Boo, he's too cute) But if it were Yogi Bear I guess he'd be in a pikanic basket and Mr. Park Ranger would have attended the funeral.

Yeah, just a plain old regular non-polar bear.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Wed May 21, 2008 12:42 am

Okay, I think I'll let the snake out of the mailbox here. If anyone does not want to know the secret of the coffin, please, turn back now. It's just too much for me to keep to myself. I will allow some space for those who don't wish to see the reveal...

Okay, you guys ready for it?

I even have proof - there is a picture...

We all know the coffin is a bit on the small side...

It's not your typical coffin...

Poll (Who is in the Coffin) Part 2(comments) L_35e2a1b5a90f7a26ad898117154e803a
It's a matryoshka nesting coffin. Just more coffins inside.

I can't believe you guys would really wanna ruin the suspense. I'm ashamed.
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Wed May 21, 2008 12:42 am

One of these days you'll learn to take everything I say with a grain of Dharma brand salt.
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenontheleft Wed May 21, 2008 2:19 am

Hehehe I also know who's inside the coffin. I read the major spoiler post on Dark UFO. Don't worry, I won't ruin it for you guys. But I personally was very shocked. Has anyone else read the spoiled synopsis because Im dieing to talk about it with someone. I'm going to post a topic in the spoilers section for anyone who wants to discuss. affraid
ravenontheleft
ravenontheleft
Lostie

Number of posts : 53
Humor : Dark, Dry, Absurdist
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Character sheet
Name: Libby

Back to top Go down

Post by tracker Wed May 21, 2008 2:53 am

I started to read it and felt soooo guilty, so I stopped. I did get far enough to see who was in the coffin. I wish I had stronger will power.
tracker
tracker
Others

Number of posts : 237
Humor : Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.......Archie Bunker

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Wed May 21, 2008 2:57 am

ravenontheleft wrote:Hehehe I also know who's inside the coffin. I read the major spoiler post on Dark UFO. Don't worry, I won't ruin it for you guys. But I personally was very shocked. Has anyone else read the spoiled synopsis because Im dieing to talk about it with someone. I'm going to post a topic in the spoilers section for anyone who wants to discuss. affraid

See you there Razz
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenontheleft Wed May 21, 2008 5:44 am

I finally put up the forum in the spoiler's section for anyone who wants to discuss.
ravenontheleft
ravenontheleft
Lostie

Number of posts : 53
Humor : Dark, Dry, Absurdist
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Character sheet
Name: Libby

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Fri May 23, 2008 7:45 pm

I know I'm probably wrong, but I'll say Christian Shephard...bragging rights are at stake here! Wink
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Number of posts : 325
Humor : Insane
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jacob

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Fri May 23, 2008 8:22 pm

MollyCocktail wrote:I know I'm probably wrong, but I'll say Christian Shephard...bragging rights are at stake here! Wink

Your name will be added. Very Happy
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Sun May 25, 2008 12:05 am

Put me down for Vincent. I don't know why - just have a funny feeling...
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down