Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Room 23, Leonard from the nut house and the numbers.....

+5
SunburnedPenguin
MollyCocktail
AngeloComet
TheHolyStickman
PortRoyalWenk
9 posters

Go down

Room 23, Leonard from the nut house and the numbers..... Empty Room 23, Leonard from the nut house and the numbers.....

Post by PortRoyalWenk Mon May 26, 2008 5:45 am

If we all remember that room 23 was the brainwashing room they found Karl in. In the video it shows a lightening quick series of numbers…..I think that Loonard, the guy that Hurley got the numbers from, was put in the brainwahing room before and thats why he was saying them….and is also why he is crazy. We all know that he said he had heard them being broadcast, but if he was brainwashed then he would beleive just about anything. Leonard was in the navy stationed in the south pacific. How ironic/coincidental can that be? Also, he played nothing by connect four. In the room 23 video it also shows a 10 high by 10 wide octagonal matrix of alternating image squares, with 3 squares missing from each corner. So I also think its kinda ironic that he plays connect four. Those few things I think tie the video in with Leonard.
PortRoyalWenk
PortRoyalWenk
Tailie

Number of posts : 47
Humor : Dirty and sarcastic. God I love a good joke.
Registration date : 2008-05-17

http://www.myspace.com\portroyalwenk

Back to top Go down

Room 23, Leonard from the nut house and the numbers..... Empty Re: Room 23, Leonard from the nut house and the numbers.....

Post by TheHolyStickman Mon May 26, 2008 11:05 am

Well that would explain the connect four thing. It would be a big coincidence if Leonard had no connection with the island after being so close to it. Good idea about the cnnect four thing.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Room 23, Leonard from the nut house and the numbers..... Empty Re: Room 23, Leonard from the nut house and the numbers.....

Post by AngeloComet Mon May 26, 2008 1:21 pm

I don't believe Leonard has been on the Island. That puts a big dampener on this.

However, you could go with the idea that Leonard was shown the video at some other time, in some other place. . .

I mean, there's some weird theory going around that the Santa Rosa hospital may actually be somehow affiliated with Dharma. . .
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Tue May 27, 2008 7:41 pm

PortRoyalWenk wrote:If we all remember that room 23 was the brainwashing room they found Karl in. In the video it shows a lightening quick series of numbers…..I think that Loonard, the guy that Hurley got the numbers from, was put in the brainwahing room before and thats why he was saying them….and is also why he is crazy. We all know that he said he had heard them being broadcast, but if he was brainwashed then he would beleive just about anything. Leonard was in the navy stationed in the south pacific. How ironic/coincidental can that be? Also, he played nothing by connect four. In the room 23 video it also shows a 10 high by 10 wide octagonal matrix of alternating image squares, with 3 squares missing from each corner. So I also think its kinda ironic that he plays connect four. Those few things I think tie the video in with Leonard.

While I can't deny the parallels, I find it hard to believe that Leonard was ever on the Island.
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Number of posts : 325
Humor : Insane

Character sheet
Name: Jacob

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Tue May 27, 2008 8:13 pm

I dont see why Leonard couldn't have been, I mean we have only seen a small section of previous inhabitants. Interesting!
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Tue May 27, 2008 8:47 pm

[quote="AngeloComet"]I don't believe Leonard has been on the Island. That puts a big dampener on this.

I love it because if AC dosen`t agree then you must change you`re way of thinking lol! I agree with SunnyP don`t see why he couldn`t have been on the island but AC`s idea of the video being shown else where also makes sense.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Wed May 28, 2008 2:44 am

Leonard could of been the guy who pressed the button before desmond got there. Wasn't there a story about the guy who pressed the button before desmond? There were two guys and one killed himself? Or am I making things up in my head lol...
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PortRoyalWenk Wed May 28, 2008 6:33 am

l337Jacqui wrote:Leonard could of been the guy who pressed the button before desmond got there. Wasn't there a story about the guy who pressed the button before desmond? There were two guys and one killed himself? Or am I making things up in my head lol...

Im not sure about that, I would have to rewatch a few episodes.......but that sounds pretty familiar. I hadent thought of the fact he could have been the previous button pusher. good catch.
PortRoyalWenk
PortRoyalWenk
Tailie

Number of posts : 47
Humor : Dirty and sarcastic. God I love a good joke.
Registration date : 2008-05-17

http://www.myspace.com\portroyalwenk

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Wed May 28, 2008 10:15 am

Before Desmond pressed the button full time he shared the responsibility with Inman.

Before Inman pressed the button full time he shared the responsibility with a man named Radzinsky (who we have never met and are informed is dead after he blew his brains out).

Before Radzinsky. . .? Nope. That's as far as we know.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Wed May 28, 2008 10:30 am

If I'm not mistaken, Leonard was stationed in the south pacific (military I assume) If he was not on the island, could he have gotten near the island...perhaps approaching from a bearing other than 305-degrees? Could this explain his current mental state?

Well prob not, maybe he's just plain nuts.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Wed May 28, 2008 10:51 am

I think there has to be a reason for his obsession with the numbers - even in insanity there is some reaosning if you look deep enough. Just hearing them over a radio wouldnt be enough would it? And then there was his sudden moment of clarity when Hurley told him he had used the numbers and his outburst, he said something like "you've opened the box, it will never stop!"

Thats a guy with some knowledge of the island and the numbers powers I'm sure of it.
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bananas Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm

SunburnedPenguin wrote: And then there was his sudden moment of clarity when Hurley told him he had used the numbers and his outburst, he said something like "you've opened the box, it will never stop!"

This could be entirely unrelated but Ben also told Locke about a box that you could open and whatever you wanted would be in there. Hurley used the numbers to play the lottery and now he can pretty much have whatever he wants.
Sorry I only made that connection while reading this thread so i am probably on the wrong track completely.
Also I am new so if anyone else has pointed this out i am sory for nickinkg it. Very Happy
bananas
bananas
Tailie

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down