Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOW!!! Frozen wheels and the Black Rock...how they tie together - Winner June 2008

+13
wtfsignmeup
nino_1
Lateralus
solarchap
emzi
Hope
Caged_Faraday
TheHolyStickman
kristenislost
AngeloComet
chirpey1987
Alaina
MyStarbuckHatesLost
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WOW!!! Frozen wheels and the Black Rock...how they tie together - Winner June 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: WOW!!! Frozen wheels and the Black Rock...how they tie together - Winner June 2008

Post by AngeloComet Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:04 am

Hope, I would suspect that if Richard, or anyone else, does not age then it is precisely the reason why they cannot be leader.

If they were installed as leader, they would never reach an age were they would be too old. They would always be leader. Unless they took it in turns - but then what? A once-leader goes back to the status of just being led like everyone else?

The constant 'changing of the guard' for Island Leader makes sense to me - the same way changing a President or Prime Minister makes sense. And, also, if there is the duty of 'turning the wheel' for banishment, it's fairly harsh to banish a person who lives forever from the Island!
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

WOW!!! Frozen wheels and the Black Rock...how they tie together - Winner June 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: WOW!!! Frozen wheels and the Black Rock...how they tie together - Winner June 2008

Post by Fate Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:54 am

I agree with Angelo
Fate
Fate
Lostie

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:59 pm

I wonder if Bens banishment was because he kept people against thier will, Juliette being a prime example. Perhaps Richard helped Locke with the killing of his father because he knew this was wrong but was unable to challenge Ben himself because that would be against the rules?
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamiLost Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:36 pm

I like this MSHL. well done!

I was just wondering do you think it is at all possible that the Black Rock was not really shipwrecked on the Island. Maybe at that time the Island was moved to the middle of another occean and there it was..The Black Rock! In a blink of eye poeple on board of the Black Rock found themselves in the middle of an island as opposed to an occean. That's why the ship is in the middle of the jungle! Doeas it make any sense? Sorry if it doesn't...I'm at work at the moment and my brain hurts after looking at these codes....
SamiLost
SamiLost
Lostie

Number of posts : 60

Character sheet
Name: SamiLuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Maybe your right AC.
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:19 pm

The only issue that I disagree with is that Widmore only realized the
potential of the island after attaining the Black Rock Journal/Log. I
think he was just keeping it out of the hands of anyone else with an
interest in the island when he bought it at the auction.Widmore seems
to be connected to the island.They have history.
WIDMORE: That island's mine, Benjamin. It always was. It will be again.
BEN: (Turning) But you'll never find it.
WIDMORE: Then I suppose the hunt is on for both of us.
BEN: I suppose it is. Sleep tight, Charles.
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:03 pm

HOpe and AC, perhaps the island wants only leaders that are NOT from the island. The only two we've seen so far are Ben and Locke, neither of which were born on the island.

If, as I have heard suggested, Widmore was once a leader there then he could be a third leader not from the island (I assume)

WTF, I see your point but remember that Widmore bought the journal many years before the time of the O6 rescue. He has always known about the island and has been involved with it in ways we don not yet know about but maybe he did not become aware of it's FULL potential until he got the journal.

By the way, aluminum wouldn't matter...it is non-magnetic but can still conduct electrical and electromagnetic energy
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:38 am

Well done MSHL! You deserved it. Very Happy
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:28 am

Thank you all very much. It is appreciated.

now if I could just win a debate...
Very Happy
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chirpey1987 Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:57 pm

Congratulations
chirpey1987
chirpey1987
Others

Number of posts : 218
Humor : haha

Character sheet
Name: Amy-Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:02 pm

Congrats mon frere!!

This is indeed one of the best theories I've read.

Smile
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Number of posts : 325
Humor : Insane

Character sheet
Name: Jacob

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:27 pm

This topic has now been copied to the new forum and will be closed Smile

http://www.losties.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2