Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another stab at the rule change and why Ben can not go back.

+9
Hope
solarchap
JacksEyes
Shamballa
chirpey1987
TheHolyStickman
SunburnedPenguin
AngeloComet
Lojozz
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another stab at the rule change and why Ben can not go back. - Page 2 Empty Ben, back?

Post by Occam Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:21 pm

I'm not sure about that, AC. I've been reading the transcripts, and what Ben tell Jack is "I'm here to tell you that the island won't let you come alone. All of you have to go back." All of you.

Ben, of course, is again in charge even if he's outside the Island. From the very moment he recruits Sayid, he's in command. But I don't see him back on the Island...

In case he thought --and we know Ben must be a great master at chess, 'cause he's able to plan tons of movements ahead-- he'd have the slightest chance to get back, would he say "I hope you're hapy now, Jacob", almost at the verge of tears? Nah, I don't think so... Not even to try and fool Jacob.

Besides, the "focus" of the show has moved off-Island. I'm taking it as the timeline has been established 3 years ahead, and any footage we get of on-Island events will be a flashback. But that's just me, of course.

Occam
Others

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Another stab at the rule change and why Ben can not go back. - Page 2 Empty Re: Another stab at the rule change and why Ben can not go back.

Post by AngeloComet Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:31 pm

Occam, I see your point, and probably his petulance towards Locke wasn't planned in the sense that he was sure that his scheme would work and Locke would fail. Thus the moment at the wheel, where he spoke bitterly to Jacob, was genuine.

For all he knew, his life on the Island was over (and his new life, plotting revenge against Widmore off-Island, began).

But then Jeremy Bentham turned up, and died. . . and maybe that was the unexpected happy surprise for Ben. Now, if he can return to the Island with the O6 with him, maybe he thinks that will be enough to 'win' Jacob back over and earn himself the right to be back on the Island?
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Another stab at the rule change and why Ben can not go back. - Page 2 Empty Re: Another stab at the rule change and why Ben can not go back.

Post by Occam Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:36 pm

AngeloComet wrote:Now, if he can return to the Island with the O6 with him, maybe he thinks that will be enough to 'win' Jacob back over and earn himself the right to be back on the Island?

Well, yes... That would be so Ben. But I don't think Ben would disobey Jacob. What if he thinks sending the O6 back to straighten whatever misfits Locke's leadership had caused would make amends? Huh?

Occam
Others

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:05 pm

I think Locke could have told Ben how to get back. Locke did find and talk to Sayid, he could have talked to Ben also. Could have even told Ben that it wasn't in fact Jacobs order to move the cabin. Maybe Jacob will allow him back now since Locke messed things up somhow.
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:08 pm

I think that Ben and Locke are somehow working together to get the six back to the island.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:32 pm

The question Lateralus is how does Ben know that the island wants the 06 back?

Either Locke/Bentham told him or Ben has been "having dreams" as well. Direct messages from the island.

Either way, Ben would be happy just to be back on the inside of the island's needs. He still works for the island, even if it is in the capacity of executing all those in the real world who could harm the island, but this is different. Now he sees an opening for himself to return to the island.

And if Locke really is dead, for Ben to be able to bring the O6 back to the island, either Locke would have had to have told him where the island is or the Island has or will tell him.

You can't, after all, get the O6 back tot he island if you don't know where it is.

And even if the island only told Ben HOW to get them back but not where they are going, I'm sure Ben's mind is churning out plans to insert himself in that group so that he can return with them.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2