Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE ISLAND ISN’T REALLY THERE.

+7
dabiatchishere
Lateralus
TheHolyStickman
vincentthedog
SomeArztOnYou
AngeloComet
MyStarbuckHatesLost
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

THE ISLAND ISN’T REALLY THERE. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE ISLAND ISN’T REALLY THERE.

Post by dabiatchishere Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:27 am

LMAO! OMG MSHL!! I love you for that one!! If anything typifies the 'stereotypical Canadian' it is Bob & Doug! I love them, eh! Laughing
dabiatchishere
dabiatchishere
Others

Number of posts : 119
Humor : Outrageous!
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

THE ISLAND ISN’T REALLY THERE. - Page 2 Empty Re: THE ISLAND ISN’T REALLY THERE.

Post by dabiatchishere Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:37 am

Lateralus: To prove I have no hard feelings, about your "Canadian" comments, I hereby dedicate this especially for you! Enjoy! Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuiCnQc17jg
dabiatchishere
dabiatchishere
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:42 am

Very interesting and well-thought-out post MSHL. Kudos. Your pictures also made it easier for us "scientifically challenged" folks to understand. It certainly seems like the vacuum effect should have occured based on your explanation.

The only thing I can think of to negate this is the possibility that the island moved in space and time. If it only moved in space, I can definitely say that the vacuum effect should have happened, but since it also moved in time, maybe that is why the vacuum did not occur.

I don't really have much support for this. Like I said, science is not my thing. I am just throwing out possibilities on why it didn't occur.

Good read all in all
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:33 am

Aw hey, Canada is cool. Its just so easy to pick on.
Come on, i'm in Arkansas. All the insults and jokes that Alabama and Mississippi can't understand bounce up and land on us.

but naw, Canada is cool. They gave us Neil Young and Rush

FLY BY NIGHT!!!!
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by dabiatchishere Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:59 am

Lateralus wrote:Aw hey, Canada is cool. Its just so easy to pick on.
Come on, i'm in Arkansas. All the insults and jokes that Alabama and Mississippi can't understand bounce up and land on us.

but naw, Canada is cool. They gave us Neil Young and Rush

FLY BY NIGHT!!!!

Canada is cool! We like ALL countries, and everyone, universally. No haters here! It's all good! No offense taken, and none given!

If you want to view some real Canadian raucous humour, You-Tube Trailer Park Boys, one of my personal favs. We all have our parts of the country, we like to poke fun at!

PS: I am fly! Cool
Peace Out!
dabiatchishere
dabiatchishere
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by solarchap Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:51 pm

MSHL, a great post and followed by some intriguing ideas by everyone. The picture & writing posts to explain things is most favourable too.

All the science books that I read & yet when that 'Island' disappeared, it never occurred to me to ask myself about the effect that would have on the surroundings. D'OH!

my favourite part was :
I can hear Daniel Faraday mumbling it now: “Well…um…ya see...well the island isn’t really…um…part of our…uh…world…if you know what I mean…”
I can totally see him saying that! and it's also good to know that the boar-farts would have been taken care of!
solarchap
solarchap
Others

Number of posts : 263
Humor : Lots
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Dirk Diggler

Back to top Go down

THE ISLAND ISN’T REALLY THERE. - Page 2 Empty Great post, but...

Post by Occam Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:06 am

... what if we were talking not about a "displacement", but about an "interchange"? Take the Island out, replace with loads of Ocean water... (almost) no void, just a ripple... that's all.

Occam
Others

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:14 am

That would make more sense Occam and I have wondered that myself. The ocean water that the island displaces in its new location perhaps.
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:24 am

SunburnedPenguin wrote:The ocean water that the island displaces in its new location perhaps.

Yes, that was my assumption. [Note to self: try to explain yourself better THE ISLAND ISN’T REALLY THERE. - Page 2 553326 ]

Occam
Others

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2