Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe claire is dead...

+3
l337Jacqui
wtfsignmeup
Van
7 posters

Go down

Maybe claire is dead... Empty Maybe claire is dead...

Post by Van Fri May 23, 2008 7:37 pm

Sorry guys for adding a post that has extensively been discussed already, but I was unable to find this specific clue/evidence that supports that claire is in fact dead.

In Something Nice Back Home, Miles says something that really stood out for me. When Claire awakens after her house was blown up, Sawyer says "You alright sweetheart?" to which Claire replies "I'll live" and then very discreetly Miles says "I wouldn't be so sure about that".

!!!!!!

Is it just me, or is that not a huge bombshell?!?!?! I understand that perhaps Miles was referring to the ensuing chaos and conflict, but the fact that Miles the "ghostbuster" says that, and that he does have a fair level of credibility (his flashback showed him communicating with the murder victim, he found danielle and karl's bodies etc) I must form the conclusion that maybe claire is dead...

So what does that mean??? Claire is dead, yet she is clearly seen by everyone, she is physically able to carry aaron, even able to breast-feed aaron!! The concept of "dead" definitely seems to be different in Lost, Charlie "I am dead but I am also here" Christian speaking about Claire's mum "She is alive, but she's not living".

Does this mean that some of the other characters are dead??? Unfortunately I am unable to provide a definitive theory about this, but I was hoping this would open up some interesting discussion from all you great minds out there (all i can think of is purgatory-again)!!!

Van
Tailie

Number of posts : 11
Humor : Simpsons/South Park/Scrubs/Curb your enthusiasm/The Office (UK version)/Family Guy
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Maybe claire is dead... Empty Re: Maybe claire is dead...

Post by wtfsignmeup Fri May 23, 2008 7:50 pm

Don't be sorry for posting this Van, I would +1 you if I could tongue
I think this is what we should all be discusssing and probably what we
will be during the looooooong hiatus. Darlton have said that after the
finale we should be asking "what is dead?" Well I think Claire is dead at the moment .

Last edited by wtfsignmeup on Fri May 23, 2008 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Fri May 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Oooh, nice thinking here Smile

Also right when Sawyer picks her up from all the rubble, Claire asks, "Charlie?" Because at first thought, she is dazed and thinks Sawyer is Charlie, or maybe if she died at this point, she actually SAW Charlie somewhere for a second?
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by eda Fri May 23, 2008 8:06 pm

l337Jacqui wrote: or maybe if she died at this point, she actually SAW Charlie somewhere for a second?

Laughing That would be lovely but she was looking right at Sawyer's face ! sawyer

I thought she was definitely dead until I read in a post that she looked like the time when they had drugged her..

But yes, I'd like to believe that she is dead.
eda
eda
Others

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Fri May 23, 2008 8:12 pm

thanks wtfsignmeup and l337Jacqui, I guess I'm still a bit nervy about adding a post and getting blasted!!

Definetly feels like i've found a new home Sad

Van
Tailie

Humor : Simpsons/South Park/Scrubs/Curb your enthusiasm/The Office (UK version)/Family Guy

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Fri May 23, 2008 8:29 pm

Hehehe, tears of joy! Love it!

Good point about the drugging Eda!
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Fri May 23, 2008 9:23 pm

Eda I agree she did seem a bit "druggy" when she was in the cabin - similar to when she was taken prisoner by the others. The thing is she is hanging out with a guy that we know is dead, maybe she is in some sort of euphoric state?

Van
Tailie

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 am

Van, I don't think we will have to worry about being blasted here SunnyP has a much better vibe going on. I never posted at LT but my first theory here was well recieved keep up the good work.

I am still out on the is Claire dead question. Part of me feels she is due to the fact that she left Arron so easiy I can't see her leaving her son after all she has gone through on the island.
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sat May 24, 2008 1:26 am

Agree with Alaina.

We don't blast here as long as the theory offered is well presented and isn't trollish crap.

we just pick it apart...but that's what we do Smile

I agree with WTF...Claire is dead...ish
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Sat May 24, 2008 1:34 am

I wonder though about the idea that the island wont let you die. In Australia we and Jack appear to see a dead Christian, but maybe he only appeared to be dead and that the island kept him alive because he has work to do. And obviously he has some work left to do on the island.

Christian is a doctor so it is also possible that he is able to administer to Claire the same drugs that Ethan had given her.

If Claire is dead, then the idea that island wont let you die needs rethinking. If Claire is dead because of the house explosion, then sure Michael would also be dead because of his car crash.

Locke could be dead because of Ben shooting him.

I think if Claire is dead then surely the same status could very easily be given to all the Losties, especially Jack.

If dead people can walk, be seen and interact with the environment, then hey being dead is no great change in life.

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down