Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How the island SHOULD have been moved

+3
mygrandmagotmeintolost
AngeloComet
Fate
7 posters

Go down

How the island SHOULD have been moved Empty How the island SHOULD have been moved

Post by Fate Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:48 pm

I hear from alot of people that the whole frozen donkey wheel concept was lame. While I strongly disagree I would like to hear peoples opinion about how the island should have been moved. What kind of idea do you have that is better than an ancient wheel being turned?

Lets not forget that wheel has been there for a while. Lets assume made by the original inhabitants. So a big frozen wheel which you have to turn doesnt sound so weird if you remember that it probably has been there for ages ages and ages...

EDIT: Michael E. made it a killer scene though! Very Happy
Fate
Fate
Lostie

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

How the island SHOULD have been moved Empty Re: How the island SHOULD have been moved

Post by AngeloComet Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:54 pm

I agree that donkey wheel scene worked just fine.

I agree that Emerson nailed it.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

How the island SHOULD have been moved Empty Re: How the island SHOULD have been moved

Post by mygrandmagotmeintolost Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:57 pm

I wish that ben got into a gaint wheel and then just ran that would of been much better then a frozen wheel lol. No it was fine, I wouldnt of changed it.
mygrandmagotmeintolost
mygrandmagotmeintolost
Tailie

Number of posts : 28

Character sheet
Name: Ben

http://www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:58 pm

mygrandmagotmeintolost wrote:I wish that ben got into a gaint wheel and then just ran that would of been much better then a frozen wheel lol. No it was fine, I wouldnt of changed it.

A frozen Hamster wheel would have been far funnier and tied in with Ben's comments on how they power 'Otherton'
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:08 pm

i didnt mind it so much either. its not like the technology on the island is so great anyways. i wouldve hated some cheesy animation, so this was fine.

but if i had to come up with my own idea.... i'd bring back the car from Back to the future. fuel it with some trash, run it down a cable on the beach - boom zap! the island moves!
puchita
puchita
Others

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:12 pm

puchita wrote: its not like the technology on the island is so great anyways.

Really, so the vault is not what you would consider great thechnology? Time travelling bunnies? The technology on the island it would seem, often far outstrips the technology in the real world.
Lojozz
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:09 pm

I love wheel of fortune.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:21 pm

well you know.... computers, old tvs, big buttons. thats what i meant by technology. i dont think we should expect something to move the island beyond the powers of a commodore computer.
puchita
puchita
Others

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:18 am

What I would have expected was when Ben loaded the chamber with metal (like tinfoil in a microwave), that quantum explosion would have radiated out (instead of being contained in the chamber) thus effecting a huge radius, and moving the island the same way they transport the bunnies.

But, I guess the writers wanted it to be the older, pre-Dharma technology. And align the 4 (or 8, 15, 16... however-many) objects in the slots would have been too Indiana Jones meets the 5th Element... so I guess a Styrofoam ship's wheel makes as good an ancient on/off switch as anything.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:40 am

puchita wrote:well you know.... computers, old tvs, big buttons. thats what i meant by technology. i dont think we should expect something to move the island beyond the powers of a commodore computer.

Sorry puchita I'm not picking on you but...should we also believe the other disguises?
Lojozz
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down