Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Claire Dead?

+16
Hope
eda
wtfsignmeup
Obscure
MyStarbuckHatesLost
So_Lost
DCLostie
tracker
AngeloComet
StitchExp626
Lojozz
Lost-Mosh
SunburnedPenguin
MollyCocktail
Catfish
JimReaper
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Claire Dead? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Claire Dead?

Post by Hope Tue May 20, 2008 9:14 am

This whole debate has me all flustered!! There is evidence to support both sides. My gut says that she is dead. Why else would Miles seem so interested and creepy!? All already said I know. Claire is a good mom, she loves Aaron. She would only leave him if she either had too, or she knows something now that she didn't know before. Why is Christian and Claire sitting in the cabin. If she didn't know something before, she does now, now that she sat in on a conversation between Locke and Christian.
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Tue May 20, 2008 9:47 am

Very Happy The million dollar question isn't it! The show has given us clues that support both Claire is dead and that Claire is alive. Man this show is so elusive, I think personally we will find out that Claire is among the living, as is Christian and that like the Wizard of Oz, the man behind the curtain is really some boring guy who knows how to use technology!

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Wed May 21, 2008 9:23 am

I think its fair to suggest never assume someone is dead unless we actually see their death as we did with Boone, Shannon etc.

Im not 100% convinced Christian is dead as we never saw his death....ok we
saw his body when Jack identified him, but perhaps the Nicki and Paulo
episode was to introduce us to the paralysing spider as a possibilty?
And then we saw an empty coffin. Not a hard stunt to pull off when you
measure it against the fake plane.

Anyway, im continously swaying between yes she is dead and no shes not....its a toughy!

I agree with what SunnyP said
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Wed May 21, 2008 10:23 am

I think Christian is dead. We've seen a body. And all that paralysed spider business doesn't work for me (he wouldn't stay paralysed for long enough to fool a mortician, surely!?). So if he faked his death then the mortician would have to be in on it, and as is the way with all conspiracy theories, the more people required to be 'in on it' the more suspect it becomes.

Besides, we've seen Christian on the Island and we've seen his dead body. There's a more compelling example of the same thing. Yemi. We saw him shot, and we saw his rotten body on the plane. And yet there he was on the Island. Whatever makes Yemi exist allows for Christian to exist (and the important factor, for me, is that their bodies were ON the Island).

And so to Claire. . . who I still think is alive. We've not seen a body. I think we're supposed to try and feel clever in deducing that she is dead, but it's a double-bluff. Well, that's what I hope anyway. Otherwise I'll feel cheated.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by knowitall Thu May 22, 2008 9:18 pm

I don't believe Claire is dead. I think this is supposed to be another way the writers blur the line between alive and dead and how the island plays a roll in this.

The writers have suggested that we question "what is dead?" I do not believe that Claire is dead like Christian is dead, but she does appear to be not herself. Is there some in between place that exists on the island? A place where you can be here and there? Charlie told Hurley that he was dead but that he was also here. What the heck does that mean?

How do my comments always end up being more question than answer?
knowitall
knowitall
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 9
Humor : Love it!
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobajam Fri May 23, 2008 5:25 pm

This is a strange one for sure and I don't attempt to know the answers, but one possible reason for Claire being relaxed about Aaron is that Christian has assured her that nothing bad can happen to him a la Michael. He still has work to do and the island is protecting him. Widmore also appears to be immune from death as per his conversation with Benjy, "are you going to kill me?", "i think we both know that I can't do that", etc.

So I believe that the island has plans for Aaron in the future and I have always stated that this special child who was born on the island will be crucial to the overall plot arc. I can only assume that Claire has been let in on this by the islands latest mouthpiece, Christian, and this is why she is so chilled. ie. the island will not allow him to be harmed.

But even with this, her mannerisms in the cabin were pretty freaky.
jimbobajam
jimbobajam
Tailie

Number of posts : 18
Humor : Are you my caucasian?
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sat May 24, 2008 4:37 pm

I think the Claire John saw in the cabin,was the same as the apparition that Eko saw of Yemi in the jungle,just before the smoke monster killed him.This is from the transcript 3.5 :
http://lostpedia.com/wiki/S3E05_-_The_Cost_of_Living_Transcript

EKO: I did not ask for the life that I was given. But it was given, nonetheless. And with it... I did my best.
[Yemi stares down into Eko's eyes. He looks angry.]
YEMI: [Almost in disgust] You speak to me as if I were your brother.
[Eko cringes back from him, scared and angry.]
EKO: Who are you?

Eko believed he was seeing his brother,just as we thought we were seeing Claire. Claire in Jacobs' cabin.
I really do believe the Claire we saw in the cabin is not our Claire, she would not just leave Aaron alone in the jungle.
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Sat May 24, 2008 7:01 pm

Interesting angle, KSJ. But what, then, happened to the real Claire? You think she's dead?
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sat May 24, 2008 10:00 pm

AngeloComet wrote:Interesting angle, KSJ. But what, then, happened to the real Claire? You think she's dead?
I don't think the Claire in the cabin was the same Claire we know, she was completely detached ,and too satisfied with where she was. That look on her face was just creepy. If it was her then she is definitely under the influence of some kind of drug or mind control.I personally believe that it was some sort of an apparition of Claire.
I do think she is still alive somewhere.

This is lostie/mother Claire !

Is Claire Dead? - Page 2 6a2ascd
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2