Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Claire is Alive

+14
JacksEyes
SamiLost
Occam
StitchExp626
AngeloComet
TheHolyStickman
katesawjack
Hope
vincentthedog
Caged_Faraday
Lateralus
SunburnedPenguin
Lojozz
Irocz28
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Claire is Alive - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Claire is Alive

Post by SamiLost Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:24 pm

AC by no body was found for Christian I meant on the island. Remember when Jack went chasing around his vision (or whatever it
was)? He found the coffin but there was no body in it. And we never saw the body after that. I admit it was not a good analogy but anyways that's what I meant. No on island dead body!
SamiLost
SamiLost
Lostie

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: SamiLuck

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:02 pm

Sami, fair enough. And I think it's relevant. The same thing happened for Yemi, too. His dead body was there, but then it went missing - and then Mr. Eko started getting visited by his 'brother'.

I still think Claire's not the same as these guys, though! She lives!
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:57 pm

I agree AC. I know that we all went "right, Claire lived through that explosion", but then we all excepted she was alive because Sawyer picked her up and carried her to safety. Then just because Miles says some suspisious things we are all back to being suspicious ourselves. my problem is I don't really know squat about Miles. We all just assume that Miles can talk to dead people because of that scene in that house with the vent. To me he seems like a little pervert, just like Sawyer assumed when he caught Miles watching Claire breast feed. I am not saying the Miles can't see dead people, I am just saying that he can see alive people too!!
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:53 am

I agree with Hope, I think that there seems something very seedy about Miles. He is not a character that you would really want to have as your best friend. I agree that Sawyer was right and that he was having a perve on Claire.

I wonder if he really does talk to dead people as he claims or is there some other 'trick' behind what he does.

If we examine all the occurrences where he talks to 'dead people'

The drug dealer in the drug dealer's bedroom.
Naomi's dead body
Danielle and Karl's dead body

In each of these instances he seemed to gain some knowledge that it appeared that he could not really have had.

However, he seems to be able to perform the same trick though with people that are alive

His first meeting with Kevin Johnston as Michael was boarding the freighter in Fiji.
His meeting with Benjamin Linus.
His conversation with Kate about what he knows about her history.
His conversation with Charlotte.

I think that maybe instead of an ability to talk to the dead, he has the ability to see the past and or the future.

I think that in the drug dealer's room, his talking and his ghostbuster style born again vaccuum cleaner were just fake gimmicks to trick the grandmother and to hide his real skill.

An Aside:

People have commented on how the photographs are different on the stairwell from the time that Miles goes upstairs until he comes downstairs. I think that this may have been the result of Desmond's turning the failsafe key. I have a sense that by going back to the past he created a ripple effect that caused some small changes to take place.

I also wonder why they showed Des meeting Charlie in London. Is it at all possible that this meeting created a paradox for the future; a future where Charlie is alive on the island BUT also alive off the island because his future was changed by that meeting with Des. Maybe that might explain why Charlie can be with Hurley and also be dead at the same time.

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SamiLost Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:16 pm

"I think that maybe instead of an ability to talk to the dead, he has the ability to see the past and or the future."

Wow Stitch! I really like this. I was never comfortable with the idea of Miles talking to the dead. I just don't like to see Lost going to that direction. And now you've given me some hope. The sixth sense thing that i was talking about in my earlier comment could also be explained this way. that psychic that Clair talked to could possibly also see the future. that's why he made Clair board that plane.

AC: good point about Mr. Eko.

I hate to say but I still think Clair is dead. She was alive when she was with Sawyer and Miles but then she died a Christian shepherd death, with corpse missing, and ended up in the cabin. Miles able to see the future knew that she is going to die soon and hence said "I wouldn't be so sure of that" when Clair said "I'm a bit wobbly, but I'll live".

I think this would make perfect sense to average viewers when explained.
SamiLost
SamiLost
Lostie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JacksEyes Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:24 pm

I agree with Stich's aside, but think he should post it as a seperate theory because it goes off at a bit of a tangent but could lead to some interesting places.
JacksEyes
JacksEyes
Tailie

Number of posts : 23
Humor : Aqueous
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:33 pm

What about the scene where he hears the voices of Karl and Dannielle being killed and then he finds their bodies? He had never met them before and never heard their names.

And how about when he goes to the spot where Naomi was killed, comes out and says, "Yeah, it happened just the way they said it did."

That along with the Drug-dealer boy, makes me believe he is picking up on the residual energies left by people who have passed. (whispers we have heard in the jungle?)
Kind of like in those ghost hunting shows where the psychics supposedly feel the spirit in the basement, because that is where he hung himself and his spirit is forever restless, yada, yada, yada… so now his footsteps leading down the stairs are forever heard… Muahahahhahaaa…..

I think Miles is going to tie in somehow with the other psychics we have seen with Rose, Claire and Mr. Eko. I think there have been too many crazy run-ins with psychics too be a coinsidence.

His interactions with Charlotte, kate, and Michael, just make me believe that much more he is psychic in "some way". He knew Michael was lying, Kate was lying, and Charlotte was lying.
His seemingly personal vendetta against Ben is a whole other debate i think.
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:05 am

Having read all of these fine theories and ideas I now believe...

Claire is dead.

I'm not 100% sure but the fact that it stirs up so much debate among us hardcore fans tells me that it is a nice hot idea for the writers.

I've never been certain in my own mind that she is dead but would it really surprise any of us if she wasn't?

Since season #1 the writers have shown no qualms about killing any of the major characters (Drunk driving charges or not) as long as it would add dramatic impact and help further the story along.

Speaking of unfullfilled plotlines, Charlie sacrificing himself so that Clair could "get on the helicopter with Aaron" (as forseen by Desmond) is the biggest argument for me that she is not really dead.

hey wait, I'm arguing against myself here...Damn!

Last edited by MyStarbuckHatesLost on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : why else...spelling)
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:17 am

MSHL, you disappoint me.

It seemed stupid back in that episode where it was first suggested, and it's more stupid now they've left it hanging over. Claire being dead would be stupid and unnecessary.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:44 am

Gimme a break AC. I just got a grade-2 concussion, hairline fracture to the skull, 7 staples in the head and the BSG finale was a real kick in the "sothern polar region" so I'm not really on my game...plus Mr. Eko just beat me at checkers...again!
Very Happy
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Yikes-a-rama. Consider yourself handed a break from me. What happened? (NOT with BSG, but with the fracture!)
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Hi JacksEyes,

I know that is perhaps the truest comment that anyone has made. I do tend to go off on tangents, not only in forums but in all areas of my life!

It could be a sign of a really active mind or more likely signs of early onset alzheimers. I go for the latter!

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:37 am

AC,
Abridged version:
Thumb got caught in impeller blades of leaf blower that I didn't know was broken, tore off part of left thumb, lost a bunch of the red liquid, passed out, fell back onto concrete floor, busted head open, got concussion, lost more red liquid, ambulance ride, staples in head, stiches in dangling thumb, hard to type now, spelling still sucks.

But the bad part is that I dropped my entire bottle of pain killers in the toilet the next morning and I can't imagine anything hurting bad enough to fish them out.
Laughing

but any day above ground is good!

p.s.
I'm hoping to milk the damaged thumb as an excuse for bad spelling for at least another week or two so play along (wink wink nudge nudge)
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by SamiLost Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:17 pm

That sounds painful MSHL!! Hope u'r feeling better now!
SamiLost
SamiLost
Lostie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:48 pm

Darn MSHL, thats crazy...I don't know what I would do if I lost all of my cherry kool aid (get it, red liquid, get it...LOL)
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by blonde Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:51 am

Claire is alive...I will bet anyone here 100 fish biscuts. If she is dead the the writers should be fired. Why put her in a fire to have her rescued to have her die? She would have died in the fire if they wanted her dead (no rescue). Besides, there is no logical reason to kill her off. It does nothing for the show...it is anti-climatic. It would have been a "bigger deal" if our sweet Claire had lost her life. It would be a jaw-dropper.....not a semi-scene.
blonde
blonde
Others

Number of posts : 437
Humor : +1

Character sheet
Name: Tallulah-Raye

Back to top Go down

Post by blonde Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:54 am

Oh...and hope you feel better soon starbuck.
Why Claire is Alive - Page 2 Th_bandaid
blonde
blonde
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by lostlikeyou Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Claire has to be alive. Desmonds prophesy about Claire and Aaron getting on the heli just didn't happen...yet. Charlie was too central a character to needlessly die (they wouldn't do that) and how many episodes featured Desmond saving Charlie? It wasn't a passing comment...too big a deal to be ignored. This is why Claire is so calm in Jacobs cabin and acting strangly and could leave Aaron in a tree-she knows the end result... the 06 (including ben) will get back to the island, there will be a rescue, and Claire and Aaron will get on that helicopter. It has to come true.

lostlikeyou
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:02 pm

lostlikeyou wrote:Claire has to be alive. Desmonds prophesy about Claire and Aaron getting on the heli just didn't happen...yet..

I was going to post this very thought, and you said it probably a lot better than I would have. Smile I completely agree.
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenontheleft Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:51 pm

Haha I've had similar conversations with people, but I've learned not to bring up the show because then people tend to think (correctly) that I'm insane.

Also, I'm not sure if she's dead or not, but Damon and Carlton have said "The question is not whether Claire is dead, but 'What happend to Claire?"

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/05/is-claire-dead-are-they-really-time.html

This boggles my mind. What could it mean? I think she's had a trip to some weird spirit world or something. I mean she was with Christian for a very long time and then in Jacob's cabin. And they're both spirits (sort of).
ravenontheleft
ravenontheleft
Lostie

Number of posts : 53
Humor : Dark, Dry, Absurdist
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Character sheet
Name: Libby

Back to top Go down

Post by blonde Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:58 am

Also, I'm not sure if she's dead or not, but Damon and Carlton have said "The question is not whether Claire is dead, but 'What happend to Claire?"

I tend to agree that the logic that Claire is "different" has more Claire is "dead"
blonde
blonde
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content